Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

19 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is $10 for the next 5 hours at Bestbuy for the PS4 and XB1. Is it worth it?

It’s only playable on PC. The console versions are still bad and buggy from what I know. It’s not great on PC either but the graphics are good at least.

21 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is $10 for the next 5 hours at Bestbuy for the PS4 and XB1. Is it worth it?

Yeah, I bought it a couple months after it was released. Honestly it wasn't that bad. I never finished it. Once the Next Gen update comes out I'm gonna try it again.

I played it on a Xbox One X, there were some graphic glitches at times, but I don't remember any bad bugs, or any crashes. For $10? Hell yeah 

7 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I loved Second Sight! I think the problem was that I too had it on GameCube and it didn't use the controller very well. Not sure how it played on other systems. I really miss my GameCube.

I think the real problem was that third person games hadn't yet reached the standardization they have since come to, and the studio responsible for the game wasn't really experienced with that type of game.  I believe this was the studio responsible for Timesplitters (which was made up of old Rare employees who made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I believe).  They were more familiar with designing first person shooters.

Speaking of supernatural gamecube games and first person shooters, did you ever play Geist?

Just finishing up God of War.......good gameplay and story. Bailed on it in 18 because I wasn't keen on the kid in the beginning. On to Last of Us 2......trying to stay with offline games due to location. Any PS4 offline recommendations?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

Just finishing up God of War.......good gameplay and story. Bailed on it in 18 because I wasn't keen on the kid in the beginning. On to Last of Us 2......trying to stay with offline games due to location. Any PS4 offline recommendations?

Ghost of Tsushima

If you are interested in PSVR I can also give tons of recommendations on those.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I think the real problem was that third person games hadn't yet reached the standardization they have since come to, and the studio responsible for the game wasn't really experienced with that type of game.  I believe this was the studio responsible for Timesplitters (which was made up of old Rare employees who made Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, I believe).  They were more familiar with designing first person shooters.

Speaking of supernatural gamecube games and first person shooters, did you ever play Geist?

No, but I remember Geist. I used to work at a restuarant in the mall, I spent a lot of free time at EB Games, buying up used GC games. I miss those days...

The fact that they essentially put out two different Maddens is insulting. One for the rich bois with their next gen consoles and one for us plebes

Madden 22 on PS5 / Xbox Series X might as well be another different game. ATmosphere, environment factors, x factors, ALL different

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

The fact that they essentially put out two different Maddens is insulting. One for the rich bois with their next gen consoles and one for us plebes

Madden 22 on PS5 / Xbox Series X might as well be another different game. ATmosphere, environment factors, x factors, ALL different

I mean there are real limitations to putting out the same version on both consoles considering the big difference in hardware. Makes sense?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:19 PM, tmandoug1 said:

I'm 100% offline.

Fallout 4

Ghost of Tsushima

Spiderman

• Like 1

So I know I'm way behind the curve on this one, but I recently started playing Fallout 4. Love the game, but here's the problem: I can't stop messing with my settlements. I'm like, 30 hours into the game and I've barely explored the world because I'm constantly tweaking my settlements and I just....I can't stop. I may need an intervention to actually play the game, because I only explore now when I need parts or supplies.

Edited by GhostofSparta

I couldn’t get into fallout 4 so I downloaded the mod for unlimited resources and just tried to build incredible settlements. My favorite was a 5-6 story skyscraper on top of the rocket gas station place when you first start the game. which was sort of an extension onto rebuilding that whole initial town area where you start out. 

Just didn’t like the gunplay and the story didn’t really grab me either so after I got bored with building, I just never went back 

OK, so I'm still on PS4 because :

1- Not gonna get gouged on PS5 price just yet

2- I always feel that the initial production lots of consoles have lesser Quality Control due to deadline rushes.

3- I basically wasted 4 years of mine and PS4's life playing Elder Scrolls Online and little else.

4- Not sure 47 year old me likes the "norms" in contemporary gaming (pay to win, DLC, decreasing amount of games that are solo as opposed to MMO)

I'm trying to go back and get some of the games I've missed in that 4 years, so I hit this thread and around page 91 I saw some discussion on Detroit: Become Human and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.  I went home to look them up in the PS Store and KC:D was actually on sale for $10.00 so I went with it. (Sorry Detroit, I'll come back for ya)

Back to KC:D... wow way more difficult than I was expecting... especially lock picking. i was getting pretty frustrated and was about to write the 10 buck off, but then I started thinking about the realism of the whole thing. The fact that a true Medieval lower class person couldn't read, and couldn't just become a hack n slash, lock slayin' meta human after a 10 minute tutorial. That if said person lost their whole world then time immediately afterward would be a constant struggle to just stay alive and be somewhat depressing and definitely not fun.

So I've stuck with it and am finally getting the hang of lock picking  (pick pocketing was easier as to be expected) and can at least survive against another armed commoner (only 1 though).

Still need to figure out what I'm doing with a bow.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread gave me some suggestions for older games. When playing morality scale games, I have a hard time going rogue so I'm usually "good".

Edited by hawgboy
  • Like 2

#2 is just flat out false and something in your head.  I've had every console since launch since Gamecube (aside from Wii U) and the only one that had any issues was Xbox 360 with the RRoD.  

#4 isn't really true either as I don't play online at all myself and there is always a ton of games out to play, none of which involve any pay to win and DLC is optional.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

#2 is just flat out false and something in your head.  I've had every console since launch since Gamecube (aside from Wii U) and the only one that had any issues was Xbox 360 with the RRoD.  

#4 isn't really true either as I don't play online at all myself and there is always a ton of games out to play, none of which involve any pay to win and DLC is optional.

Yup, I've had the RRoD as well and that did slant my thinking...right or wrong.

Yeah DLC is optional, but I'm an old man who remembers the days where if you bought a game you got the whole game then as opposed to DLC coming out within a few weeks of me paying 60 dollars for a new game... that's just me though and I realize I'm in the minority because if it annoyed everyone the way it does me, there'd be a big consumer revolt.

It's a "Take it or leave it" scenario, and at this stage in my life I'm considering "leaving it" when it comes to a next gen console.

1 minute ago, hawgboy said:

Yup, I've had the RRoD as well and that did slant my thinking...right or wrong.

Yeah DLC is optional, but I'm an old man who remembers the days where if you bought a game you got the whole game then as opposed to DLC coming out within a few weeks of me paying 60 dollars for a new game... that's just me though and I realize I'm in the minority because if it annoyed everyone the way it does me, there'd be a big consumer revolt.

It's a "Take it or leave it" scenario, and at this stage in my life I'm considering "leaving it" when it comes to a next gen console.

That isn't what DLC is though, at least not for the single player games.  You are getting the whole game when you pay for it upfront.

Games like COD or battlefield have the season passes because there is always new content that comes out and the devs (rightfully so) deserved to be rewarded for that.  I mean if they are putting content out 2 years after the game is released, would you rather wait for 2 more years to get the "complete game" at launch or be able to play it 2 years prior, and decide if you want to pay for new content when it comes out?

At the same time, you know exactly what you are getting for the initial $60 you pay for a game.  If it's not enough for you, simply don't spend it. 

And you are doing exactly that - speaking with your wallet.  Ain't nothing wrong with that.

39 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

OK, so I'm still on PS4 because :

1- Not gonna get gouged on PS5 price just yet

2- I always feel that the initial production lots of consoles have lesser Quality Control due to deadline rushes.

3- I basically wasted 4 years of mine and PS4's life playing Elder Scrolls Online and little else.

4- Not sure 47 year old me likes the "norms" in contemporary gaming (pay to win, DLC, decreasing amount of games that are solo as opposed to MMO)

I'm trying to go back and get some of the games I've missed in that 4 years, so I hit this thread and around page 91 I saw some discussion on Detroit: Become Human and Kingdom Come: Deliverance.  I went home to look them up in the PS Store and KC:D was actually on sale for $10.00 so I went with it. (Sorry Detroit, I'll come back for ya)

Back to KC:D... wow way more difficult than I was expecting... especially lock picking. i was getting pretty frustrated and was about to write the 10 buck off, but then I started thinking about the realism of the whole thing. The fact that a true Medieval lower class person couldn't read, and couldn't just become a hack n slash, lock slayin' meta human after a 10 minute tutorial. That if said person lost their whole world then time immediately afterward would be a constant struggle to just stay alive and be somewhat depressing and definitely not fun.

So I've stuck with it and am finally getting the hang of lock picking  (pick pocketing was easier as to be expected) and can at least survive against another armed commoner (only 1 though).

Still need to figure out what I'm doing with a bow.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread gave me some suggestions for older games. When playing morality scale games, I have a hard time going rogue so I'm usually "good".

I had the same feelings about KC:D. It was frustrating, especially after having spent thousands of hours in Mount and Blade: Warband which is as simple about melee mechanics as you can possibly get. Eventually, it got me that I really am just a blacksmith's son, not the Chosen One. That made it a little more fun in the end when I was leveled up enough to breeze through the rest of the game.

I still think archery without a reticle sucks, though I can't really knock it for realism.

If you haven't gotten it already, I 100% recommend Red Dead Redemption 2. The story is a blast and lets me live out my Bonanza childhood dreams. The morality choices aren't quite so complex as KC:D or Detroit, but it still tugs at the heart.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1