Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Mario 1 is the best game ever.

Fight me.

You may wanna play Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch then.  Since you can literally play SM1 + tons and tons of other SM1 themed levels.

I was playing some with my buddy last night and we enjoy the "Kaizo" Super Mario Brothers levels in that game which are extremely challenging but they are rewarding once you actually finish one.  

• Like 1

@The Evil Genius

Wanted to let you know that you made an incorrect assumption about the Game Pass Ultimate conversion.  

The trick is that you need to not be currently subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate when you add XBL.  if you extend out your XBL and then convert to GPU, it will convert at a 1:1 ratio.  This was the second time I used the "$1 per month" for GPU deal.  People have issues because their GPU is not expired, so when they apply the XBL it converts it 1:3 ratio (24 months XBL converts to 8 months GPU).  

We previously converted 2 years of XBL to GPU via the console as a "new subscriber" -- our GPU has lapsed (6 months ago?), but my XBL was about to lapse in March, so I just bought the 24 months for $100 from Costco.  I applied the code, pushing my XBL out to March 2023, redeemed the "$1 for 3 months" GPU deal thru the console (I was a little nervous because it didn't show 1:1 conversion).  It now shows me as GPU thru June 2023.   Total cost was $103. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, Simmsy said:

I haven't tried it yet, but certain Kellogg products are offering a 14 day trial for GamePass. I used a trial back in June, so I don't know if I can use it myself.

Uploaded the receipt yesterday and already got the code for a two week trial of game pass ultimate. I'm going to save it for when there is a game I actually want on sale.

7 hours ago, purbeast said:

You may wanna play Super Mario Maker 2 on Switch then.  Since you can literally play SM1 + tons and tons of other SM1 themed levels.

I was playing some with my buddy last night and we enjoy the "Kaizo" Super Mario Brothers levels in that game which are extremely challenging but they are rewarding once you actually finish one.  

You see they are about to let you make an entire Super Mario World style game with 40 levels and and over world? I haven’t really been into the maker but this is a game changer for some reason to me. It’s downloading now lol

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You see they are about to let you make an entire Super Mario World style game with 40 levels and and over world? I haven’t really been into the maker but this is a game changer for some reason to me. It’s downloading now lol

Thought they already added that?

On 1/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, Warhead36 said:

I just beat Cyberpunk the other day. Don't want to post spoilers but riding with Panam is the best decision you can make.

I tried. She's only down with the homies 😥. My V is a female

On 1/18/2021 at 5:41 PM, visionary said:

So what's the latest on Cyberpunk on PS4?  Is it still bad?  I notice they have it for $30 at best buy.

Still a heaping pile of garbage. Still crashes every 45 mins to an hour. Still has framerate drops. Still has Super Saiyan police, still has game restarting level bugs thereabouts, and now with this latest Patch, it has incredibly wacked analog stick drift.

I agree with Warhead. This game has a ton of stuff in it, but none of it would get an A+ from me. Coming in i was a big fan of the proposed customization, but there's very little of that. Driving sucks too. Weapons are good if you spec to the right ones (i have smart and tech weapons to fit my netrunner build). That's about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yea gotta agree on Cyberpunk. I had alot of fun with it but it got old. Ima wait until they give me my free ps5 version before I mess with it again. Promises made and not kept. 

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Driving sucks too. 

Thats cause you drive in 1st person like some sort of masochist 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like I’m at the end of Outer Wilds. I have solved the complex mysteries of the solar system and know what I have to do. One last task requires my attention in a race against time. 

As I said, the game is Interstellar meets Majora’s Mask. Even the score in specific parts hits many notes and feels similar to the Interstellar theme. The entire game functions as one massive Zelda dungeon. Hours spent on each planet, solving the mysteries of that planet, unlocking its secrets, and finding out how these clues fit into the bigger picture mystery. If you are reading something from the race of beings that existed before yours, it’s for a reason. Every new clue pointing you to something else until it starts to make sense.

The fact that it’s non-linear only makes it even more impressive. I was one left turn away from discovering something that I ended up not finding until the very end. But it was right there the whole time and I almost walked up on it but in the end needed more notes to find what I needed. 

just a phenomenal experience with brilliant design creating a thirst for learning and discovery. **** me I didn’t think I would fall in love with this game so much. I want another one just like this. Just give me an amazing new puzzle like this to solve over and over again and I’m there 

id caution against looking up trailers or reading up on the game. Even some of the central designs and ideas of the game revealed relatively early on are worth realizing on your own. Getting to this point without googling hints Is one of the more rewarding game experiences I’ve had in a a long time 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

I have now finished all of the worlds first levels in Demon's Souls.  I don't want to jinx myself but it definitely feels like it's getting "easier" which may just be because I understand the mechanics and stuff more and am stronger now.  But level 4-1 and 5-1 were pretty simple for me.  The boss on 5-1 was super easy.  I don't know if it's because I have leveled up but I just put some pine resin on my sword and went to town.  I didn't even get hit much at all and used like 2 crescent grass.  

But I've already finished 1-2 and played a bit of 2-2 but didn't get to the boss there yet.  I'll probably just start working through them in order.  I'm expecting the bosses to get more difficult though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just perused it on PS Store. Doesn't look like it'll let me kill anything :(

no combat at all. No enemies either. It’s a game for the explorer. For the thinker. A game of discovery and mystery. 

it really made me feel like a kid playing it just bringing out that wonder and curiosity. 

11 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Just finished Last of Us. I can see why the game was such a hit, the gameplay is straightforward and seamless, it just flows. Great storyline. Started part 2. 

I'm also playing Part 2 right now.  I finished it for the first time about a week ago and started another playthrough immediately.  How far are you?