Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs New York Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

Keep the politics OUT of the Stadium or you'll be out. :) 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

It's going to be awkward when Dwayne is either made the 2nd stringer or gets put to 3rd string behind the practice squad QB.

Baring something miraculous happening in the 2d half - Haskins will start next week and the rest of the way.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Eh, McKissic tripped up and fell. Alex possibly could have seen that he was falling and pulled it back but I don't really necessarily blame anyone there. Guys trip sometimes. 

There’s no way Alex could do anything about that.  He was throwing as McKissix was falling.  

Just bad luck...

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not really a dropoff stat-wise with Smith in.

Allen 5/7 for 62 yards

Smith 6/8 for 65 yards

He hasn’t looked awful except that he just can’t move almost at all. 

Living in the New York area I watch Daniel Jones play virtually every game and he's nowhere as bad as people say he is. Yes the turnovers are an issue but in terms of passing the ball and leading a team I think he's just fine. Head and Shoulders above any quarterback we have on our roster

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

We’re about to have three straight losses to the ****ing Giants!! 😆🤣

Can’t remember further back than week 4 last year? 

going back to the 2018 season, if we lose this game, that’ll be 5 straight losses to them (week 14 in 2018, week 4 last year, week 16 last year, and then a few weeks ago, and then today)

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Things I want to see today:

1. offensively, throw on first down at a reasonable percentage and ( more importantly DON’T RUN ON SECOND AND LONG.  The strength of the Giants defense is the run defense.  Attack it where it is weaker which is outside and the secondary.

2. I want to see a lot of throws to both Gibson and McKissic out of the backfield.  

3. Get to the edges of the defense. They’re stout in the middle, weaker outside.  Take advantage of that. 

4. Defensively, get pressure up the middle and blitz if you need to in order to get it.  Jones can roll away from outside pressure but if he can’t step up, he throws picks.  

5. Stack the line and bring numbers on early downs (run blitzes) to make the giants one dimensional offensively and put it on Jones. Count on him to cough it up a few times if you do that.

6. Dustin has to hit every kick he attempts unless it’s outside 52 yards.  

5 of 6 of my “I wanna sees” have been big busts.  

Specifically # 5 has been a compete bust. 

Those fumbles and drops were just killers. Simple as that. As was another underrated play on the second drive, when they did play action on first down, had a guy wide open in the middle of the field, and it gets batted down. From the bouncing ball to the bounce on the upright, ain't nothin' gone our way today. 

The worst culprit of all of them, though is the Wright fumble on the punt. Horribly misjudged, and then he DOES manage to regain control, secures it ... and then fumbles again. But I really felt like Allen was getting into a groove before that egregious hit. I think we were on track to score on that drive and make it a game again. It's a shame for the kid. What else is new in this cesspool of an organization? 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Can’t remember further back than week 4 last year? 

going back to the 2018 season, if we lose this game, that’ll be 5 straight losses to them (week 14 in 2018, week 4 last year, week 16 last year, and then a few weeks ago, and then today)

Jesus. I thought we got them in game one last year.

Archived