Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Alex is a warrior, a class act, and an all around great dude. I wish him luck in all the things he does after he retires from the NFL.

As for the remainder of his playing career, may the winds take him to Philadelphia or Dallas, as their starter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

As for the remainder of his playing career, may the winds take him to Philadelphia or Dallas, as their starter.

So you are hoping he ends up on the meat of a Chase-Montez sandwich sending him into retirement? ;) 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Fitz got done over in Miami, benched to save paying him incentive money that he would have easily attained.

If we get Fitz we will be one of the most exciting teams in the league....assuming we shore up WR and continue to make the defense better. He will make Gibson even more dangerous too because defenses will have to respect our passing game. I would prioritize getting Fitz and offer him a shot at the starting job in competition with Heiny and Allen. 

• Like 1

I think the Eagles might consider Mariota at a reasonable cap number, which would mean a pay cut he would be unlikely to embrace.
But, since Eagles and Wentz just concluded a disastrous breakup, how would Mariota’s shared representation somehow work in favor of this happening? https://t.co/ov7Q9qhA4e

— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) March 1, 2021

Seems like Mariota would want a chance to start and get paid accordingly. I thought they were going with Hurts as their starter.

With WFT the starter role is nont being handed to anyone with a probable 3 way battle brewing. If he couldn't beat out 2 UDFA then he doesn't deserve the contract he expects. That should be an incentive in a WFT contract with him...

29 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Seems like Mariota would want a chance to start and get paid accordingly. I thought they were going with Hurts as their starter.

With WFT the starter role is nont being handed to anyone with a probable 3 way battle brewing. If he couldn't beat out 2 UDFA then he doesn't deserve the contract he expects. That should be an incentive in a WFT contract with him...

Believe it or not there is a lot of speculation here on Philly sports talk radio from the beat reporters that the Eagles are seriously considering drafting a QB either sitting at #6 pick or moving up in the draft.....I'm not sure the Eagles have any clue what direction they're gonna go in. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Believe it or not there is a lot of speculation here on Philly sports talk radio from the beat reporters that the Eagles are seriously considering drafting a QB either sitting at #6 pick or moving up in the draft.....I'm not sure the Eagles have any clue what direction they're gonna go in. 

I believe it I posted articles making the same point in recent days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, samy316 said:

We need to upgrade at QB, or draft a QB if we want to have a chance at getting top tier offensive players this offseason.

Unless you have the 1st or 2nd pick and you can practically guarantee a guy, the draft wont help you in that regard. Impact FA players will be long gone by the time the draft rolls around.

If you want to look at the top shelf of offensive talent, we will need to make a trade for a QB or pick one up very early in FA. Otherwise we will be bargain bin shopping on O.

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I have read some on this, which is why Mariota doesn't really make sense in Philly. Either they go at a top draft pick or they stick with Hurts.

They seem conflicted regrading Hurts even though they got rid of Wentz .They are a mess. What I saw of Hurts leads me to think he deserves a chance.

25 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have read some on this, which is why Mariota doesn't really make sense in Philly. Either they go at a top draft pick or they stick with Hurts.

They seem conflicted regrading Hurts even though they got rid of Wentz .They are a mess. What I saw of Hurts leads me to think he deserves a chance.

I agree, he absolutely does, although I think the "elephant in the room" is that Hurts is terribly inaccurate as a passer at this point in his career. Given enough film on him defenses are gonna try and exploit that weakness...if it remains one. Hurts is gonna be an interesting player to see how his career plays out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would prefer Newman. But wouldnt blow a gasket if we end up with Mond. 

I agree, I like Newman better too. At this point they are the only two interesting mid rounders with a lot of upside potential. 

I have enjoyed watching @Thinking Skinsincreased build up in interest.

So much fun analytics on these guys have been great to see presented.

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Noone can light a campbell, to this guy's skills.

I hope our new QB is able to do this

Taylor Heinicke: "My accuracy is deadly"

*throws a football at a 747 35,000 feet in the air causing it to explode*

Taylor Heinicke: "Pick me."