Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

Do we have any insider info on which way the office is leaning when it comes to QB? Are they going all in on TH? Are they looking to draft one? Are they interested in trading for one? I would love to hear any little rumor at all. I feel like since Ron has taken over **** is air tight. Which is a good thing, but makes this off season much more frustrating to figure out the future.

Also, my 2 cents(not that anyone cares) on some issues argued over the past few pages:

1)as someone said, we traded our future for rg3, he sucked, but we still made the playoffs a couple years later cause we had a competent qb. Trading 3 1st rd picks away for a Wilson or a Watson is 100% worth it. Would I want to lose a pick like Chase? Of course not. But I’d give up 3 josh doctsons in a heartbeat and I think with a good qb we’d be picking late every year.

2)still completely dumbfounded by some of you guys’ love for Mariota. He is absolute trash. He’s a backup at BEST. Wouldn’t even waste a 5th rounder for him.

3)minshew isnt good but a 6/7rd pick is fine even though it’s probably a better idea to try and take a lottery ticket for a qb in one of those rounds and just pray it’s a Brady like decision.

4)I love Fields. But he won’t be there when we pick. I don’t think lance will be either. On the flip side, however, I think Mac Jones is not good at all and we’d be wasting a pick. We shouldn’t force it. TH looked better than a lot of qbs this year. Unless we get a top 2-3 qb prospect from the draft, or unless we get Watson or a Wilson, then just let TH have a shot. I guarantee you Mariota wouldn’t win near as many games as TH would.  
5)the only QB I can’t seem to figure out is Cam. Before this past season, and even the first couple games of this past season, I thought Cam was absolutely phenomenal. Again, even the first couple weeks of this past season Like the game against Seattle, Cam looked incredible. I think Josh McDaniels is a terrible O Coordinator and didn’t help Cam at all. But I also think Cam isn’t the same since his injury. I just don’t know which hurt him worse. If it was the injury then obviously I don’t think he’s worth taking a chance on. But if it’s how bad Josh McD is(remember when he was the Broncos coach?) then maybe Cam could still be great? I don’t know. Either way, I doubt that they go after him.
6)In the same type of unknown, there’s Matt Ryan. I feel like he’s still a great qb. He’s just a bit long in the tooth. But man with our defense I think he could have a really good ending to his career and give us a real shot. But I don’t know if he’s worth what he will want in $.

ok that was much longer then I intended, sorry.

-R428

Edited by redskins4ever28
  • Like 1

Mariota, Darnold who are the most talked about QBs on the block should be gone before FA.  SIP is spot on with that.  Their value drops when FA starts.  Moving on from QB we need to start locking up some of our own.  The focus has been on QB we have many other needs.  We need to extend or re-sign our own.  

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Mariota, Darnold who are the most talked about QBs on the block should be gone before FA.  SIP is spot on with that.  Their value drops when FA starts.  Moving on from QB we need to start locking up some of our own.  The focus has been on QB we have many other needs.  We need to extend or re-sign our own.  

The FO isn’t focused on QB to the exclusion of other positions, that’s just a message board thing for understandable reasons. They’re capable of handling all of it and figuring out/exploring QB options. 

Who besides Scherff are we worried about right now? 

On 2/21/2021 at 10:43 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Everything that Rivera has said since the end of the season in relation to the roster starts and ends with QB. I will continue to be amazed if we don’t eventually pull off a move to significantly upgrade. 

There is only two players in NFL history with 250+ pass yards and a rushing TD their first playoff game: Heinicke and Brady. Hope we give him a serious look 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The FO isn’t focused on QB to the exclusion of other positions, that’s just a message board thing for understandable reasons. They’re capable of handling all of it and figuring out/exploring QB options. 

Who besides Scherff are we worried about right now? 

Defintely Darby.  Possibly Hopkins and Moreau.  

1 hour ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Lamar Jackson is overrated in my opinion so I’m not that shocked. 

How so? 

I relate the athletic QBs of today’s game to Jordan in the 80s. He was crushed for being a volume scorer and you can’t win it all with a SG being your best player. 

The supremely athletic QB is soon to break through. Cam was close, Jackson isn’t too far behind and Josh Allen is on the cusp. 

Edited by wit33

21 minutes ago, wit33 said:

How so? 

I relate the athletic QBs of today’s game to Jordan in the 80s. He was crushed for being a volume scorer and you can’t win it all with a SG being your best player. 

The supremely athletic QB is soon to break through. Cam was close, Jackson isn’t too far behind and Josh Allen is on the cusp. 

Mahomes is not a supremely athletic QB who broke through ?

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Defintely Darby.  Possibly Hopkins and Moreau.  

Glad I'm not the only person who values Moreau.

I feel like a lot of people would not appreciate him until he's gone. And then does well, somewhere else. I feel strongly that he's a starter, on most NFL teams.

Does anyone want to keep KPL, at least for depth ? Or in case we can't find someone better ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

More specifically one that relies heavily on his running ability. 

Mahomes is in the same mold of a John Elway, in my opinion. We’ve seen those types win before. 

3 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Interesting convo at the 1:18:58 mark. Like what they had to say about McClaurin as well.

Not sure if Cam is the answer, but he did have COVIT and not many "star" FA do well in NE. 

HARD NO to Cam!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

HARD NO to Cam!

Honestly, I love how he said “I don’t deserve that.” When they were kissing his ass saying top 10. He’s humbled. Maybe hungry. Who knows. If it’s injury that hampered him then no, I also say hard no. But if it’s McDaniels(who again I think is awful), then I’d take cam over at least 13 other guys in this league

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Honestly, I love how he said “I don’t deserve that.” When they were kissing his ass saying top 10. He’s humbled. Maybe hungry. Who knows. If it’s injury that hampered him then no, I also say hard no. But if it’s McDaniels(who again I think is awful), then I’d take cam over at least 13 other guys in this league

You sound emotional. 

19 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

You sound emotional. 

What? Not sure what you are even taking about? The ass kissing comment?

I mean come on, they were doing the typical “kiss the guests ass” that interviewers always do. We all damn well know Cam wasn’t top 10 or even top 20 last year and I just thought it was refreshing he said “I don’t deserve that” when other players would sit there and let people keep ass kissing.

3 hours ago, Otis Wonsley Posse said:

There is only two players in NFL history with 250+ pass yards and a rushing TD their first playoff game: Heinicke and Brady. Hope we give him a serious look 

I don’t think he gets out of Tampa to be honest. Sure he’ll go for a repeat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Lamar Jackson is overrated in my opinion so I’m not that shocked. 

I can understand that sentiment if you still looked at the QB in a traditional sense but Lamar has sculpted that offense around his running ability and so far it’s been pretty impressive.

6 hours ago, Otis Wonsley Posse said:

Oh good. More Tom Brady comparisons. 

Please-tell-me-p4fxcq.jpg

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

As others have noted, there's a difference between a super athletic guy who can buy time with his legs and make off schedule plays when necessary and a running QB. Mahomes, Allen, Wilson are the former type. Lamar Jackson is a running QB. I don't see those two really being in the same category. And I don't think running QBs are going to become a huge thing again either. Everyone thought the same thing after 2012 with RG3 and Kaep, but that didn't go so well.

• Like 1

Whether you like it or you don’t of the cheap category QB’s that are going to be available Cam is probably the best of the bunch

I used to be a hard no but he has a point regards prep last season with Corona Virus, had the 30th ranked WR core too!

Did he light it up through the air? Absolutely not but he did on the ground, if you have Cam, McClaurin, A Rob, Gibson, Logan, a new TE and Power Back I’m completely convinced he’d perform far better next season

Oh and this isn’t an advocation for him to be “The Guy” but for one or two seasons on a cap friendly deal it’s foolish to not at least consider it

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

How so? 

I feel Lamar is very athletic I give you that. Maybe he works hard also. But I’ve seen far too many times him missing routine throws pro qbs should easily make. Additionally, if he wasn’t on that good ravens team his weaknesses would be more prevalent in my opinion. To you MJ analogy, I’ll say I’m today’s game, Mahomes would be MJ in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, redskins4ever28 said:

Careful 28, it’s a risky business out here advocating for Cam you can get a lot of people riled up 😅

9 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Pretty interesting, that a playoff team (Ravens) finished last in the league in passing in 2020

I was thinking about Lamar Jackson and how far the Ravens think they can go with him? The Ravens have a very good defense, solid running game and horrible passing attack. What is holding them back? There's a team with a big time stud QB who hasn't been able to take them to the next level. Again, an example of how hard it is to find top QB's. 

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Whether you like it or you don’t of the cheap category QB’s that are going to be available Cam is probably the best of the bunch

I used to be a hard no but he has a point regards prep last season with Corona Virus, had the 30th ranked WR core too!

Did he light it up through the air? Absolutely not but he did on the ground, if you have Cam, McClaurin, A Rob, Gibson, Logan, a new TE and Power Back I’m completely convinced he’d perform far better next season

Oh and this isn’t an advocation for him to be “The Guy” but for one or two seasons on a cap friendly deal it’s foolish to not at least consider it

Not sure what your list of cheap QBs are that are out there. But I include Fitzpatrick on that list and at this point in their careers I’m taking him over Newton all day. Hell I may even take Trubisky over him right now given age and injury history. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moondog said:

Not sure what your list of cheap QBs are that are out there. But I include Fitzpatrick on that list and at this point in their careers I’m taking him over Newton all day. Hell I may even take Trubisky over him right now given age and injury history. 

I’d include both of those on their Moondog, but would still prefer Cam over them.

Imo of course, it’s all a game of opinions