Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

14 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

For what its worth, which is likely nothing, the panel on ESPN gameday (Rex Ryan, Moss, Bruschi, Ponder) all just kicked around who the top teams are for Stafford to land. Their responses; New England, Dallas, Indy, SF....no mention of the WFT. In fact, it's almost like we are an after thought. 

Yeah that’s fair enough. NE have to be keen.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

As I've said numerous times, this isn't clear... We have to see what happens with this to truly understand it. 

Absolutely, as I said earlier I'm not coming into this discussion "I'm right, you're wrong", I'm just playing armchair gm and sharing my thoughts on how id personally approach it.  But yeah, obviously it will be much better to understand after we see what happens. 😀

15 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

For what its worth, which is likely nothing, the panel on ESPN gameday (Rex Ryan, Moss, Bruschi, Ponder) all just kicked around who the top teams are for Stafford to land. Their responses; New England, Dallas, Indy, SF....no mention of the WFT. In fact, it's almost like we are an after thought. 

Literally nothing. New England and Dallas have to be mentioned because they are New England and Dallas.

If Dallas had signed Day to a $300 mil contract and ended up with the Trevor Lawrence pick, they would still be debating whether they should deal for Stafford to be a 3rd stringer/FG holder. 

2 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm not as big on lance as others.   I think the odds are low that lance will struggle in his only game vs central arkansas in 2020, yet be ready to QB the skins for a super bowl run just 2 years later.  Guy is raw.  Maybe he will be a stud in '23 or '24, but again, I'm not big on lance so I wouldn't want to make that bet personally.

It’s definitely high risk high reward but I would also want to spend decent coin on a vet presence to start and come in on a quick hook if Lance struggles. The ceiling is higher for someone like Trey than the floor of an experienced vet like Fitzpatrick or Mariota. I’m not as high on Taylor or Allen as others. Neither has proven very much imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Redwolves92 said:

wonder if lions are going to take any input from stafford as to where he wants to go as a courtesy for ruining his career. I think we must go all in for the guy, filling depth or other couple holes over qb is laughable as no team is perfect. 

Not sure input from him is necessarily needed. The teams that are likely to be in on him are all legitimate contenders with him. 

36 minutes ago, KDawg said:

But we have no idea how he’d fit here. 

Here.

You have no idea how he’d fit here. Therefore, you must think there’s a strong probability that he doesn’t fit. 

To me, it’s clear. Stafford would be a fit on every roster in the league.

Rivera has said something similar to this in two different interviews not long ago.  So between that and every beat guy and some national guys saying they are hot to trot at Qb based on what their sources are telling them -- I think we can safety assume Rivera isn't enamored with the status quo at QB.

As for what they do.  That's the mystery.  

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/ron-rivera-says-finding-franchise-qb-top-priority-washington-offseason

During the head coach's end of season press conference on Sunday, Rivera made it clear that figuring out the future of the QB position is a top priority for his club this offseason.

"The quarterback is probably one of the most important things we have to get done and get established," Rivera said. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Here.

You have no idea how he’d fit here. Therefore, you must think there’s a strong probability that he doesn’t fit. 

I didn't say I didn't think he'd fit.

There is ALWAYS fit uncertainty. 

He  can come in and not play at all like he did in Detroit. Or come in and be 2x as good. We don't know how he'd fit until he's here.

You see guys go from one team to another and either totally change for the better or worse all the time.

I don't think Stafford comes here and becomes a scrub, if that's what you're trying to get at.

We have other holes and concerns on this team that still need to be addressed, QB is just one of them, and compromising team ammo (draft picks and cap space) that we need to fill those other holes just to fill ONE of them is madness. This crap has NEVER worked out for us. We have ZERO championship appearances and a dismal post-season attendance because of stunts like this one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I didn't say I didn't think he'd fit.

There is ALWAYS fit uncertainty. 

He  can come in and not play at all like he did in Detroit. Or come in and be 2x as good. We don't know how he'd fit until he's here.

You see guys go from one team to another and either totally change for the better or worse all the time.

I don't think Stafford comes here and becomes a scrub, if that's what you're trying to get at.

No I’m not trying to get at anything. I just don’t see how Stafford doesn’t fit here. Or anywhere else for that matter. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

No I’m not trying to get at anything. I just don’t see how Stafford doesn’t fit here. Or anywhere else for that matter. 

I'm a very fantastic catch for the ladies, yet I haven't found a woman to marry despite how great I am. You'd think I'd be a fit with any of them! But for some reason... ;)

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

We have other holes and concerns on this team that still need to be addressed, QB is just one of them, and compromising team ammo (draft picks and cap space) that we need to fill those other holes just to fill ONE of them is madness. This crap has NEVER worked out for us. We have ZERO championship appearances and a dismal post-season attendance because of stunts like this one.

So the Qb spot is just one spot of many, it doesn't need much more emphasis than any other spot?

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

It worked one season, when we brought in Doug Williams to back up Jay Schroeder. Gibbs nixed a trade of Williams at the trade deadline with the Raiders and the rest is history. Stafford and Doug Williams were about the same age when we acquired Doug after his years with Tampa Bay. Granted Williams had a stud supporting cast but it is a reasonable comparison.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm a very fantastic catch for the ladies, yet I haven't found a woman to marry despite how great I am. You'd think I'd be a fit with any of them! But for some reason... ;)

Maybe you turn the ball over too often? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Here.

You are right but hes not worth a first...maybe a 2nd when was the last time a qb of his age was traded away for a first round pick...hes a qb 10-15 imo

Edited by CjSuAvE22

If I was Stafford I would stay away from the AFC due to Mahomes, Jackson, Josh Allen, and an impressive Joe Burrow.  The NFC has GOATS but they're old, just my opinion and obviously Stafford could feel differently.

I also don't think NE has the allure it used to have and that will continue to fade as players realize that team won championships because of Brady, not Belichick.

I also don't see Dallas moving on from Dak so I think last year will prove valuable in this years free agency period because players and agents can look at the organization and take us seriously again, maybe its a year too early for us to land any real talent but we definitely moved the needle this year on that front.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I wonder if Miami lands Watson if Tua would be part of the trade back to Houston. If not aquiring him would be another avenue to explore.

You would think Tua would absolutely be part of the trade...Unless Houston really didn't like him.