Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

If Houston picks early enough, I wonder if Miami takes a swing at a QB if one of them inexplicably falls to their pick. They don’t seem to love Tu’a. Which is weird. 

I was reading something on that yesterday. That Houston pick is currently #3. They’d got a first back for Tua. Maybe off us :ols:. Miami also has the Texans second rounder, so they are loaded with options. Whatever moves they make, they should be stacked heading into next season.

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I was reading something on that yesterday. That Houston pick is currently #3. They’d got a first back for Tua. Maybe off us :ols:. Miami also has the Texans second rounder, so they are loaded with options. Whatever moves they make, they should be stacked heading into next season.

I’d trade them our second for Tua. But not the first. Once a team decides to dump a guy his value drops. It’s like driving a car off the lot.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Recovering_Spaz said:

I know this is a boring take, but for the first time since Gibbs 2 I trust these coaches and scouts to get this call right regardless if we draft a young QB, trade for an aging great, or for the Jet's latest failed first round QB. This season hasn't been perfect, but it's delivered beyond my wildest expectations - I'm with Ron until he proves me a fool.

What a friggin’ boring take! 🤓

But after years of “exciting” moves that ended up as bullet train wrecks boring takes are a welcome relief.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Didn't realize there were scenarios where Tua could be in play.  This upcoming offseason is shaping up to be one of the most important in the past 20+ years of the franchise (with our decision at QB being the most important).  The good thing is that we finally have competent people (i.e. people who understand you need players to fit your scheme and not just big names) making decisions so it should be a fun ride.    

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Is there any long-term health risk with Tua's hip, or can we consider him fully healed?

He's healthy.  Miami looks horrible like they are conflicted and missing Fitz.  Fitz is kind of like Alex here.  The team seems to respond better to him like he has 'IT'.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder if the reason the Eagles aren't fielding key starters is because they plan to do a dump (via trades) for the higher priced players?

I think they’ll also have several players they are going to release, so sit them to prevent major injury. They will get Wentz out of the door ok, his deal is tradable, plus Wentz wants out so he will help facilitate the move the best he can, IMO.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I think they’ll also have several players they are going to release, so sit them to prevent major injury. They will get Wentz out of the door ok, his deal is tradable, plus Wentz wants out so he will help facilitate the move the best he can, IMO.

Carson's deal ain't *all* that tradeable for the Eagles:

image.thumb.png.d202f3d9d2817bf1f31d3abf09755064.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Long Time Fan said:

Didn't realize there were scenarios where Tua could be in play.  This upcoming offseason is shaping up to be one of the most important in the past 20+ years of the franchise (with our decision at QB being the most important).  The good thing is that we finally have competent people (i.e. people who understand you need players to fit your scheme and not just big names) making decisions so it should be a fun ride.    

The wildcard is that Dan Snyder is still the owner and can still mess things up

10 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Carson's deal ain't *all* that tradeable for the Eagles:

image.thumb.png.d202f3d9d2817bf1f31d3abf09755064.png

The dead money from trading him before the 3rd day of the 2021 league year is almost the same as his slated cap hit, around 34mil. So in that respect, it’s a wash.

It would not surprise me if Wentz ‘helped’ the Eagles out to get the trade he wants. Indy or NE come to mind. He can do that whilst stipulating that he picks up the equivalent contract from his new team. He wants out badly.

Otherwise, the Eagles may has well let him rot on the bench in 2021. 

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The dead money from trading him before the 3rd day of the 2021 league year is almost the same as his slated cap hit, around 34mil. So in that respect, it’s a wash.

It would not surprise me if Wentz ‘helped’ the Eagles out to get the trade he wants. Indy or NE come to mind. He can do that whilst stipulating that he picks up the equivalent contract from his new team. He wants out badly.

Otherwise, the Eagles may has well let him rot on the bench in 2021. 

Yeah he's not "untradeable" as such, but it'll be somewhat complicated to ship him out for sure.

The thing is, even if the dead cap is equivalent to his actual hit, if he's not on the roster you'd want to sign a veteran QB to backup Hurts and that wouldn't come so cheap either. So it really handicaps them to tie up all that cap in someone who's not on the roster.

I agree Wentz wants out of Philly because he was one of the most sacked quarterbacks this year.  Yes he held the ball too long but his offensive line stunk too.

Either New England or Indy would be ten times better than staying in Philly.   He sees that Head Coach Peterson is fighting a losing battle with Howie Roseman and their owner

Jeffrey Lurie.

26 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Yeah he's not "untradeable" as such, but it'll be somewhat complicated to ship him out for sure.

The thing is, even if the dead cap is equivalent to his actual hit, if he's not on the roster you'd want to sign a veteran QB to backup Hurts and that wouldn't come so cheap either. So it really handicaps them to tie up all that cap in someone who's not on the roster.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. One of the many stories to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

If Houston picks early enough, I wonder if Miami takes a swing at a QB if one of them inexplicably falls to their pick. They don’t seem to love Tu’a. Which is weird. 

I've watched most of his Miami's games.  Tua's W-L record and TD-INT coming into this game was really good.    But he seems really tentative about making a mistake so he isn't pushing the ball down the field.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've watched most of his Miami's games.  Tua's W-L record and TD-INT coming into this game was really good.    But he seems really tentative about making a mistake so he isn't pushing the ball down the field.  

That mindset can settle in and manifest. Tua's arm is way too talented to "Alex Smith" himself. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ananoman said:

The wildcard is that Dan Snyder is still the owner and can still mess things up

The goal/hope is to be like the Yankees in the 90s where you have so much brainpower in your FO and management/coaching that you can win despite a nimcompoot owner. People forget George Steinbrenner was REVILED in New York before the Torre era dynasty.

Unfortunately this isn't baseball and we have to adhere to a salary cap.

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I wonder if the reason the Eagles aren't fielding key starters is because they plan to do a dump (via trades) for the higher priced players?

I mean other than Fletcher Cox nobody is going to want any of their retreads.

6 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I agree Wentz wants out of Philly because he was one of the most sacked quarterbacks this year.  Yes he held the ball too long but his offensive line stunk too.

Either New England or Indy would be ten times better than staying in Philly.   He sees that Head Coach Peterson is fighting a losing battle with Howie Roseman and their owner

Jeffrey Lurie.

Yeah, he’s GONE from philly next season.  It’s Hurts team next season.  The question is, What will Philly get for Wentz?  Any team giving up a first, they’re getting fleeced.  This is a running QB league, Wentz is a cement foot QB.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant

1 hour ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Yeah, he’s GONE from philly next season.  It’s Hurts team next season.  The question is, What will Philly get for Wentz?  Any team giving up a first, they’re getting fleeced.  This is a running QB league, Wentz is a cement foot QB.

Looks like it's Sudfeld's team! 

We knew we needed a QB change to pivot the game. Who knew it would be Philly doing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Can you blame him? That coach looks like he needs to bench his QBs in order to live. Daddy needed his fix.