Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I really think we might now try to undermine the pukes and go after Dak. Even if it pushed the price up. 

If I recall it costs them 37 million to franchise Dak this coming season.   Don't know if they let him hit the market.  Be interesting. 

But man if we had a QB with this defense......

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It’s not going to happen, I know it. We all know it. But if I’m Ron Rivera I’m calling Andrew Luck. “Hi, Andrew? It’s Ron. I just wanted you to know that if you want to play football we have a real good thing going here but we need a quarterback who can lead this team. I know you’re probably happy and on a golf course somewhere, but I’ve seen you golf and you should consider coming back. We’ll compensate you for your time. Of course, we’d have to negotiate with your old team first as you’re still under contract to them, but just want to see where your head is. Kbye.”

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

It’s not going to happen, I know it. We all know it. But if I’m Ron Rivera I’m calling Andrew Luck. “Hi, Andrew? It’s Ron. I just wanted you to know that if you want to play football we have a real good thing going here but we need a quarterback who can lead this team. I know you’re probably happy and on a golf course somewhere, but I’ve seen you golf and you should consider coming back. We’ll compensate you for your time. Of course, we’d have to negotiate with your old team first as you’re still under contract to them, but just want to see where your head is. Kbye.”

Adding Luke Kuelchy wouldn't hurt either.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Adding Luke Kuelchy wouldn't hurt either.

I think he’s done done. He had concussion stuff. Luck just stopped loving football. Which isn’t great. But I feel like he’s more likely than Luke. But neither are likely.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think he’s done done. He had concussion stuff. Luck just stopped loving football. Which isn’t great. But I feel like he’s more likely than Luke. But neither are likely.

I just figured if we were dreaming of imaginary ways to improve the team, he'd be the best one.

Seriously, can you think of a bigger improvement to the team then Luke in the middle of our defense? Just absurd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I just figured if we were dreaming of imaginary ways to improve the team, he'd be the best one.

Seriously, can you think of a bigger improvement to the team then Luke in the middle of our defense? Just absurd.

I really don’t think the scenario I laid out is all that imaginary. I didn’t say Luck would want to come here.. I also didn’t say the Colts would deal him. I suggested a phone call :ols:

****, call Luke. Why not.

• Haha 1

I think thre next matchup is almost a gift from the football gods.  Tampa IMO is really good example of what happens when you add a QB and have multiple weapons.  They have a good defense but they don't win on defense alone.   It will expose IMO what we need to take that next step.

Some have said (though not recently)more or less get out of here as for any desperation at the QB spot -- Alex is a winner and can beat any team.  I had my doubts that Alex is a playoff winning type QB weeks back but I'd say i am really hardcore that he isn't that guy now.   Main reasons:  durability and mobility.   He's a great story, best game manager in NFL history.  But IMO he's not the guy to take us to the big dance.  And I got even more doubts about Kyle Allen.

Having said that, I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.  I'd love to be wrong.   So yeah if we can beat Tampa and march through the playoffs, then I am sold.  

I suspect though Tampa will show us what we are when we face a team that has both an explosive offense and a strong defense.   SB winners of late typically have a balance or if its one dominant unit its typically the offense not the defense with some exceptions like Denver.   But like I said I think it will be fascinating to see our current formula go head to head with the type of formula that I think we need. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.34.50 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Smith is likely going to retire. His calf is limiting. And I think he and the staff now knows it.

I think that’s why he was so pissed last night. He has to retire. He’s given it literally all he’s got 

• Like 1

Looking at that Matchup with rankings, we'll need our DTs to push up front and win those matchups.  Tom isn't too mobile so won't be leaving the pocket around the ends as Chase and Sweat will chase him down easily.  Then Stunts swinging our ends around to come up the middle could be great.

We need to look at our scheme vs Pitt as Brady has a similar fast release like Ben.  

Either way, just happy to have more WFT to root for this season.  Woot!!

27 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Smith is likely going to retire. His calf is limiting. And I think he and the staff now knows it.

Agree I’ve been saying the same for weeks. My point is I don’t think Alex is an ok bet to run with as our top guy next season if he comes back.  Some have contended we would be fine with him. In their defense I think though they have backed off that point  of late. So if there are any stragglers left their point is about to be tested. And I hope they are right albeit I doubt it happens for us this post season. Will see.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree I’ve been saying the same for weeks. My point is I don’t think Alex is an ok bet to run with as our top guy next season if he comes back.  Some have contended we would be fine with him. In their defense I think though they have backed off that point  of late. So if there are any stragglers left their point is about to be tested. And I hope they are right albeit I doubt it happens for us this post season. Will see.

A healthy Alex would have been “okay” to run with. The calf was a question on if he could recover. It’s fairly clear that it’s a bigger limitation than many of us knew. Now that we know it’s tough to defend Smith returning as a starter. And if I were him I’d be thinking about using this as my sunset moment.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As one of his biggest fans, it's time for him to retire as a winning QB with the greatest comeback story in league history.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

As one of his biggest fans, it's time for him to retire as a winning QB with the greatest comeback story in league history.

Beyond that this makes him dangerous. He’s going to do whatever he can to go out on his shield if this is possibly it for him. You know he and his wife are having that convo... possibly even if we speak. If the verdict is that this is likely the end... he’s going to live at WFT Park for the next 5 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Beyond that this makes him dangerous. He’s going to do whatever he can to go out on his shield if this is possibly it for him. You know he and his wife are having that convo... possibly even if we speak. If the verdict is that this is likely the end... he’s going to live at WFT Park for the next 5 days.

The win loss record with or without him and the journey that him and Ron shared together getting back to the game, I expect every chance is offered to him.

You know what? I'm absolutely good dieing on the sword with Alex in the playoffs. We wouldn't be here without him and we aren't going anywhere without him either. Let his last game being a shootout with Brady in the playoffs when everyone expected us to be a top 5 draft team. I'm good with it.

Smith looks like a player that knows he’s all but done. The lack of mobility, when impaired with another injury, and in poor field conditions, he’s not got the health to withstand that. I would suggest retirement is a very safe bet at this stage.

It was interesting that Rivera, post game, said winning the division was a double edged sword, adding a comment about us now getting the #1 division winner schedule in 2021.

Given where we now draft, there has to be a main priority in the offseason on getting a quality QB in the door. Rivera has to build and the starting point is being division champions this year. We must invest heavily to improve on that.

• Like 1

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Smith looks like a player that knows he’s all but done. The lack of mobility, when impaired with another injury, and in poor field conditions, he’s not got the health to withstand that. I would suggest retirement is a very safe bet at this stage.

It was interesting that Rivera, post game, said winning the division was a double edged sword, adding a comment about us now getting the #1 division winner schedule in 2021.

Given where we now draft, there has to be a main priority in the offseason on getting a quality QB in the door. Rivera has to build and the starting point is being division champions this year. We must invest heavily to improve on that.

Eh. Division winners fall off and 3rd and 4th place teams improve every year. The schedule isn’t a worry to me. Have to take care of the division anyways. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Let his last game being a shootout with Brady in the playoffs when everyone expected us to be a top 5 draft team.

I don't know if we are going to win or lose, but I can guarantee you that this will not happen.  

• Like 1