Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA Bust - Landon Collins

Silvernon

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

And yet Troy Apke is taking up a roster spot yet can only be trusted on teams. I must have missed all the impact plays Troy Apke has made on teams to justify this decision.  

I assume "Impact play" means fumble or highlight reel exclusively, but he's the gunner and if you watch the punt returns, he's almost always right on top of the returner forcing the fair catch.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Silvernon said:

The last three weeks his snaps have reduced and last game I didn't see him cover deep.

Saw Hudson our there more. It is happening. 

Collins is definitely playing closer to the line - but he's still getting abused by opposing QBs at every opportunity. He really shouldn't be out there on any passing down.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I assume "Impact play" means fumble or highlight reel exclusively, but he's the gunner and if you watch the punt returns, he's almost always right on top of the returner forcing the fair catch.

Yeah, for those paying attention, Apke has been outstanding. Totally believe the ST coach that he may be the best gunner in the league. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Why did it take so long to move him into the box and keep him from covering deep. Everyone on here was screaming to move him to linebacker week 3. Can't these coaches see the obvious? At least now we won't see #26 trailing a wide open receiver for a TD. Sick of seeing that....

Itll be nice seeing him trailing TEs and RBs instead. :ols:

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

Please just cut this guy. He SUCKS out loud as a traditional safety and then acts like he’s doing us a massive favor, coming down off Mount Olympus to moonlight some at LB because he’s so “good at it” and such a team player. Even though he sucks just as loud there. Tired of this guy and this barely contained attitude in an open presser is the final straw to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Please just cut this guy. He SUCKS out loud as a traditional safety and then acts like he’s doing us a massive favor, coming down off Mount Olympus to moonlight some at LB because he’s so “good at it” and such a team player. Even though he sucks just as loud there. Tired of this guy and this barely contained attitude in an open presser is the final straw to me. 

Why give him a chance to earn more money. Put his ass on the practice squad..the money is sunk so why give a sh**. Nobody would claim him off the PS because of his contract $$ ...right??

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

I'm going to play devils advocate here and spy him during the green bay to see how he does knowing now he essentially is playing linebacker like I wantes. If he does better, it is a position of weakness, dont cut him unless we have a clear replacement.

He's less then a year removed from his knee injury, of course his speed was going to regress.  He may never get back to who he was in New York, and that likely will get him cut at some point.  But not yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Why give him a chance to earn more money. Put his ass on the practice squad..the money is sunk so why give a sh**. Nobody would claim him off the PS because of his contract $$ ...right??

A player has to be released to end up back on the PS, once they’ve been on the active roster. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm going to play devils advocate here and spy him during the green bay to see how he does knowing now he essentially is playing linebacker like I wantes. If he does better, it is a position of weakness, dont cut him unless we have a clear replacement.

He's less then a year removed from his knee injury, of course his speed was going to regress.  He may never get back to who he was in New York, and that likely will get him cut at some point.  But not yet.

The problem is opposing QBs know he can't cover, no matter where you put him on the field.

"Despite Rivera’s best efforts to prevent Collins from being exposed in coverage, he conceded five receptions for a team-high 78 yards, per PFF."

Washington Football Team: Is Landon Collins' position switch actually working? (riggosrag.com)

When was the last time we had a "Leader"  on this team that would grab the facemask of guys screwing up and call them out?? London Fletcher? We don't have any of those guys anymore. Just a bunch of guys with "C"'s on their jerseys who don't have the STANDING to pull guys together. You look at Brady...he won't tolerate crap. How do we find those guys...so Far Young hasn't developed the "Standing" to criticize. Scherff doesn't standup...even Trent didn't when he was here.

Is there anybody you would call a Player Leader on this roster?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

When was the last time we had a "Leader"  on this team that would grab the facemask of guys screwing up and call them out?? London Fletcher? We don't have any of those guys anymore. Just a bunch of guys with "C"'s on their jerseys who don't have the STANDING to pull guys together. You look at Brady...he won't tolerate crap. How do we find those guys...so Far Young hasn't developed the "Standing" to criticize. Scherff doesn't standup...even Trent didn't when he was here.

Thank you. We really need that 

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Jonathan Allen is a player on defense that has the respect of his teammates while Terry McLaurin is a leader that lets his play do the talking.  Ultimately, you need a leader at the quarterback position and feel like Fitzpatrick would have been that if not for his injury.

13 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Jonathan Allen is a player on defense that has the respect of his teammates while Terry McLaurin is a leader that lets his play do the talking.  Ultimately, you need a leader at the quarterback position and feel like Fitzpatrick would have been that if not for his injury.

But has either addressed their respective units? I agree they have standing but do they use it. They HAVE to be pissed at what is going on (Them giving 110%). We used to see "player only" meetings where people were held accountable by teammates. If that doesn't exist..do you really have a team? I'm not sure Fitz has standing in the team yet.

Reminds me of the Movie Major League where Taylor rips into Dorn....wish we had some of that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

But has either addressed their respective units? I agree they have standing but do they use it. They HAVE to be pissed at what is going on (Them giving 110%). We used to see "player only" meetings where people were held accountable by teammates. If that doesn't exist..do you really have a team? I'm not sure Fitz has standing in the team yet.

Reminds me of the Movie Major League where Taylor rips into Dorn....wish we had some of that.

This team certainly lacks a veterans voice and I doubt anyone really wants to step up and make any additional waves considering the amount of media attention the organization is currently going through.  That being said…I would like to urinate on Landon’s contract.

ABD0747F-389E-419F-8DBC-7E2D2FE1E3B2.gif.ee5d7bc37396c1d83b16064ce5e19825.gif

Glad hes moved away from Safety but...im betting he also just ends up being an expensive and bad LBer.  Sadly, our top 4 contracts are all to players either playing poorly, or not playing at all.  3 of our 4 top salaries are to our secondary, which is awful.

• Sad 1

Since he's on the team, it's a solid move. We don't have a SAM. He's definitely too small for it, but he's a good Blitzer and against the run so has the speed for that spot. Holcomb is our will and green dot and Davis is playing more and looking better. I'm glad we didn't rush him into it.

• Like 1

It really baffles me when a player is really good, which Collins was in New York, went to three Pro Bowls, then absolutely falls off.  Is it a change of systems?  Lack of conditioning?  Lack of motivation?  Maybe a little bit of all three.  I just don't get it, we can't be that bad of an organization where dudes come here and straight suck just because.  There has to be a reason.