Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Baltimore Football Team

TK

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Please.......Baker Mayfield is trash too..........Give Haskins Beckham or Landry to go wit McClaurin, and our offense is drastically better. 

Is it? Maybe.  I’m not sure.  He can’t hit open guys consistently.  If he had more open guys, would he hit more of them? I dunno.  

4 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s what I mean. Only a single division game through 4 weeks highly unusual. 

We played Philly and Dallas the first 2 weeks last year.

Edit: Ooops, sorry SoCal. I was thinking the same thing as GreatBuzz 😝 But yes... in 2005. We played Dallas week 2 and there were no other games played in the NFCE until week 5. Even with the bye weeks.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

That’s what I mean. Only a single division game through 4 weeks highly unusual. 

gotcha.  I thought you were saying no NFCE games were played.

I say play Alex.  He didn't want to retire but instead stay on the roster and get that money, put him out there to earn it.

3 minutes ago, Nerm said:

Dak on pace for 6,700 passing yards for the season, and a 4-12 record.  I can't really complain about his performance, but the Cowboys overall are pretty frustrating.

Their D is garbage.  Dak is keeping them in games.  I just threw up a little in my mouth.  38 points should win you most games.

Just now, Redd said:

Their D is garbage.  Dak is keeping them in games.  I just threw up a little in my mouth.  38 points should win you most games.

If they didn’t have the worst DC in the league, their defense would be somewhere between average and good.

They trades a numb nuts HC for a horrible DC. Shrug. To bad, so sad.

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Will be hilarious when NFC East picks 1,2,3 in the draft and by record the first place team would pick 4th but because someone has to win the division they pick 15 with the extra 2 wild card teams this year.

I don’t want that to be us so we have to keep what we re doing up 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I say play Alex.  He didn't want to retire but instead stay on the roster and get that money, put him out there to earn it.

If he can actually play and play well, I’d definitely think about it.  

At the very least he could run the whole offense.

I have no idea about his arm strength or accuracy though. 

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

The offense around whatever QB that's back there is LIMITED.....

Sure but less limited.  

Even if you just hit all the things Haskins throws at and misses, that’s an immediate improvement.

Theres enough talent on offense to be competent.  Not good, explosive OT great.  Just competent.  And we’re not right now because of the QB.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do you know how sad it would be to see him end his career with another injury. That’s the only way left for them to make me cry this season I don’t wanna risk it  

Just now, TrancesWithWolves said:

Serious takeaway:

Rivera is seriously hurting. He has to suck it up just to make it to the end of the game.

Ron must put his health first. This is not a one year project. He should stand down to aid his physical recovery from proton therapy and let DelRio hold the fort until he’s better.

Might be a good idea for him to work in a more comfortable environment as a GM type of guy right now and let the day to day coaching be left to someone else. 

It was hard to see Rivera so... not looking great. Looks like he’s lost weight, tired... he’s tough as hell so he won’t outwardly show it, but you can still see it. That’s how you know he’s struggling. 

That man isn’t sitting unless he has to.

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Serious takeaway:

Rivera is seriously hurting. He has to suck it up just to make it to the end of the game.

Ron must put his health first. This is not a one year project. He should stand down to aid his physical recovery from proton therapy and let DelRio hold the fort until he’s better.

Totally with you on this. I really wish he would put his health first and step away for proper treatments. 

Serious takeaway:

Rivera is hurting. He has to suck it up just to make it through the game.

I don’t disagree with this on game days.  But I think he should keep his hand in the rudder if he’s able to. 

I want him making the big decisions if possible.  Like, when/if to change QBs.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This take makes me laugh as if people forgot who Alex Smith is. Alex’s entire career is made off of games like what Haskins had today. Low risk throws and nothing downfield. 

Serious takeaway:

Yeah, starting to feel like that also. I guess seeing him always standing on the sideline, I could pretend that he was ok. But seeing him sit down on one of those plays/drives, it reminded me that he is fighting a battle outside of football. Kind of made me sad. Hope he gets this behind him. **** cancer...

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t disagree with this on game days.  But I think he should keep his hand in the rudder if he’s able to. 

He can review film, talk to the guys via FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, Google Meets, etc.

He can help scout/gameplan from home.

He can watch practice daily. He can get an idea of what's going on from phone conversations.

It's not ideal, but... the man is battling cancer. He needs to be comfortable and fight this.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is more to life than football. I’d rather Ron concentrate on his health than agonize who is QB is gonna be.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Do you know how sad it would be to see him end his career with another injury. That’s the only way left for them to make me cry this season I don’t wanna risk it  

I agree.  But he's on the team, didn't go to IR, we're paying him, and IF he can protect himself, and if he can play, he's probably the best QB we have on the roster. 

Also, if he didn't get hurt, it would be a hell of a tear jerker story also in a good way.

It would make me nervous. But I would discuss it internally.  

The thing is, there's so much we DON'T know.  We don't know if he can actually move, scramble, escape, drive off the leg, throw the ball downfield.  We have no idea of any of these things. I assume the coaches know.  If they know, and they're comfortable, and they think we can get more out of the office with Smith, then I'm for it.

I wouldn't give up on Haskins.  But he's not there, and he's not learning fast enough, so it might be good for him to have a sit down and an off-season.  

Archived