Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Baltimore Football Team

TK

6 hours ago, carex said:

there's one thing I want to know.  On that sack for a like a 17 or 19  yd loss where it was 2nd and goal from the 30s.  How deep was his setup originally, because it didn't seem like he retreated that far and he only spun once?

which Sims?  Steven Sims was injured today.  And considering Cam started on the PS and Wright on the roster that seems likely

Thx! Had a chaotic work & coaching week...so missed that 

1 hour ago, megared said:

Lastly what you're saying has certain undertones to it...I'll leave it at that.  Simply said, doesn't need to be a part of why DH failed, if that's what this is.  

I don’t need you policing my “undertones” or twisting this conversation away from what it’s about, I’m very aware of the type of thing you’re talking about here, I posted this in response to someone in the last gameday thread: 

On 10/4/2020 at 3:29 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

dude. It’s fine to dislike him as a QB. But you always take it an extra step...you even said you’d rather watch Allen even if he’s worse the QB just to avoid seeing Haskins’ face and now here you are taking about...his chain? There’s a racial undertone to the **** you say that I just cannot ignore, you’re saying stuff you’d never say about a white QB and you even admitted that when you said you didn’t care if Allen was even worse. This undertone is in all your posts about Haskins and it’s grimy

So I get it, but that’s not what’s going on here @megared. I’m not making assumptions or projecting my own biases onto the situation—I’m referencing a multitude of reports (not all “old” as you asserted) detailing Haskins‘ work ethic—not taking veteran teammates input, not watching enough film, not changing his schedule once it’s been pointed out that he needs to be doing more. 

You’re right that the main storyline here is that he’s sucked enough to be benched, and hasn’t shown enough growth to make Rivera want him as “his guy”. But this is a big aspect of his lack of growth—he’s not putting in the work.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don’t need you policing my “undertones” or twisting this conversation away from what it’s about, I’m very aware of the type of thing you’re talking about here, I posted this in response to someone in the last gameday thread: 

So I get it, but that’s not what’s going on here @megared. I’m not making assumptions or projecting my own biases onto the situation—I’m referencing a multitude of reports (not all “old” as you asserted) detailing Haskins‘ work ethic—not taking veteran teammates input, not watching enough film, not changing his schedule once it’s been pointed out that he needs to be doing more. 

You’re right that the main storyline here is that he’s sucked enough to be benched, and hasn’t shown enough growth to make Rivera want him as “his guy”. But this is a big aspect of his lack of growth—he’s not putting in the work.

There's an agenda to presenting a black QB in the NFL as lazy, entitled, uncoachable, uncooperative.  Whether it is the case or not here, really doesn't matter, because he played himself off the field, right?  So why bring it up?  If it isn't a part of your biases, why are you just dying to opine on the dude's work ethic? Because you're grasping for straws to try to communicate a dislike for the guy you can't clearly quantify.  Why it exists within you, is a question for you to answer.  

There's plenty on the field to criticize the dude for.  Adding the uncoachable angle undermines that and introduces your biases into what you opine he's doing wrong.  And who's to say you're right?  In fact there's a low chance it's right, because it's conjecture and whispers.  The kind of stuff released to make one party look rosy.

Are you really committing to only following professional athlete's that do things the ConnSKINS26 way?  Who told you your way was right?  You seem to be good at pointing out what's wrong with other people...

Archived