Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Baltimore Football Team

TK

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I wonder if Alex Smith can play at all.  Because if he can and the Eagles lose tonight, I might go that rout. 

Youre 100% in the race for the division at that point and you can only run 30% of the offense with Gaskins.  I’d try Smith before Kyle Allen.  

Regardless if the Eagles win or not is irrelevant. 1/2 a game difference after week 4 means nothing.

y’all can say what you want but this game is 100% on coaching staff. Poor clock management at end of both halves, awful play calling (not impressed with turner), not ready for fake punt, etc. etc. 

While he didn’t “WOW”, Haskins didn’t regress. He didn’t turn the ball over. Goal line sack was a huge mistake.

We could’ve been in this game with better game management.

Haskins had a handful of dumb plays, but was infinitely better than last week. This is not saying much, but it’s growth and since we’re not winning anything this year, I don’t care if he has the season. His support did nothing outside of McLaurin and Gibson. Logan Thomas is infuriating to watch as both a blocker and pass catcher - he gives Haskins a run for his money in terms of inconsistency. I can’t tell whether the free blitzes were on Haskins or the result of poor play calling, but I’m guessing a combination of both. Around the league, I’m seeing much cleaner pockets, but that doesn’t absolve Haskins from holding on to the ball for too long and throwing way off target to wide open WRs. Altogether, this was a team fail. Our LBs and most of the secondary cannot get the job done. The team, as a whole, is not able to hang with the best in the league. 

Archived