Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Administration Covid Tracker (formerly the Trump got the 'Rona thread)

Barry.Randolphe

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Not sure Trump is capable of complimenting anyone other than himself.

That’s not true though. He’s very complementary of anyone who tells him what he wants to hear. Or  when he’s introducing and name-dropping allies.

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Why would Meadows, or whomever it was, give such a different story to the doctors?

Even if Trump is doing well you want reluctance to attack him. So if you put out he might not make it, they won’t pile on and he will get sympathy. 

6 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Even if Trump is doing well you want reluctance to attack him. So if you put out he might not make it, they won’t pile on and he will get sympathy. 

That makes more sense then anything else. Because the off the record comments were quite vague and would not have been something to hold up as ‘Fake News’ if Trump walks out healthy in a couple of days.

”The next 48 hours is critical” tries to get a pass on any negative commentary.

And given how unsubtle the invite to hear “off the record” comments was was in front of live TV cameras it’s hard to think Meadows was eager to get the truth out.

4 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The doctors paraded down the steps and stood in an obviously coached formation around the podium as a show of power. Then the head doc started out with “The president is doing extremely well”.

I turned the channel immediately. So creepy what this family has done to our government.

My wife and I were just talking about that.  The way the doctors came out and took up formation looked like a scene from a movie.  Reminded me of his little made for TV walk to the church.  Everything is a performance.  They can never simply be forthright and professional about anything.

7 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Why would Meadows, or whomever it was, give such a different story to the doctors?

I wouldn't trust Meadows on or off the record.  He shutdown negotiations with the Dems on stimulus and Big Pharm on the lower med prices so Trump could ride in on his white horse to sign EOs.  This could be him setting up a Superman Returns story line.  

Archived