Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs Arizona (game of the week)

Sacks 'n' Stuff

Cardinals are a good team, but I was surprised to see them favored by a td.  Home field advantage doesn't really exist this year, so they are a full td better?  I don't see it.  I think it will be a close game, and Im not saying the skins will definitely win, but +6.5 seems like a good bet to me.  

Their oline is nothing special, and with our dline, I expect murray to be on the run all day.  Holcomb as a spy?  D hop will be tough to stop.  We should also score some points, their defense is formidable, but not elite.  I'm thinking it goes down to the wire.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is one I’m worried about. Murray is a problem, and the fact that our linebacking corps is virtually non existent, it’s going to be a long day with Murray’s scrambling. 

we'll see how they do dealing with running instead of coverage, anyway Chase showed he had a good motor

Is this the prediction thread for the skins cardinals game?

18 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Cardinals are a good team, but I was surprised to see them favored by a td.  Home field advantage doesn't really exist this year, so they are a full td better?  I don't see it.  I think it will be a close game, and Im not saying the skins will definitely win, but +6.5 seems like a good bet to me.  

Their oline is nothing special, and with our dline, I expect murray to be on the run all day.  Holcomb as a spy?  D hop will be tough to stop.  We should also score some points, their defense is formidable, but not elite.  I'm thinking it goes down to the wire.

19-17 skins 

Pump the breaks! This new team was great against the former rival of the Redskins, but Arizona is a little bit of a different animal. 

Their QB will make this team pay for over rushing and they still have a few weapons that can hurt this defensive secondary. One glorious win does not a season make, I refer to the RGIII who played for the now defunct Redskins franchise, defeat of the superior Saints in week 1 only to lose the next week to an inferior team. 

Arizona 28

WTF I mean WFT 19 

Crashing back down to earth Haskins still not accurate, little running game, we get some sacks but our secondary gets continually exposed like it will all year 

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is one I’m worried about. Murray is a problem, and the fact that our linebacking corps is virtually non existent, it’s going to be a long day with Murray’s scrambling. 

Thing is, Wentz always seemed to turn what should have been a sack into a big play or still make the play despite a release sack.  In 2017 opener, we had Wentz twice on one play, he escapes and hits a 58 yard TD and this was a common occurrence over those 6 losses. Yesterday, that rarely happened (I think once in their first TD drive and that was more a successful throw away). Time after time we made him eat dirt when in past games he escaped.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yeah. Gonna have to spy Murray all day to win this game. Maybe they can use an extra Safety to do it? 

44 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A tug of war, 22 nameless men, grappling in the mud.

Those were the days man. 

2 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

Pump the breaks! This new team was great against the former rival of the Redskins, but Arizona is a little bit of a different animal. 

Their QB will make this team pay for over rushing and they still have a few weapons that can hurt this defensive secondary. One glorious win does not a season make, I refer to the RGIII who played for the now defunct Redskins franchise, defeat of the superior Saints in week 1 only to lose the next week to an inferior team. 

Arizona 28

WTF I mean WFT 19 

Crashing back down to earth Haskins still not accurate, little running game, we get some sacks but our secondary gets continually exposed like it will all year 

did we overrush?  One play we held back Sweat as a scout.  During a play Sweat had a clear shot at the QB he slowed up and still got him.  Young sniffed out a screen and was right there when the RB was forced out after a very short gain. They kept contain omn Wentz.

And I don't think our secondary did that poorly

one blown play by them against WRs, otherwise it was TEs.  The next deep deep pass Darby was right there and the safety arrived at exactly the right time

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not often, but recent.

Just 2 openers ago, we beat them quite easily. And held Fitz under 100 yards and no TD's

That's true, I remember that now.

I still have nightmares from the 90s when Larry Centers would run roughshod all over us.  I hated it when they were in our division, they always gave us trouble.  I remember being infuriated at the Boomer Esiason game.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That's true, I remember that now.

I still have nightmares from the 90s when Larry Centers would run roughshod all over us.  I hated it when they were in our division, they always gave us trouble.  I remember being infuriated at the Boomer Esiason game.

Yea, but after that, at least we got a couple good years out of Centers, including an 80+ Catch season.

Some of those flags thrown on 49ers defenders when it seemed like they were clearly already in the process of trying to make a tackle as Murray went into a slide is going to definitely be a problem for this pass rush if the refs call it the same way in Week 2. 

I watched most of the Cards game and it reminded me of when Russell Wilson was willing the Seahawks to victory by any means necessary.  The biggest concern I see on offense is not necessarily even Murrary, but the fact the Cardinals have two elite WRs.  Fitz isn't what he used to be, but he also is not the primary WR anymore.  If the Eagles TE's were able to run rough shot over our secondary for part of the game without the aid of good WRs also on the field, I can only imagine what it will be like with two threats at the position.

We can mess around and win this game but it's going to be a pain in the ass to game plan for Murray. The good thing is, I have trust in our defensive coaching staff to put together a solid plan and make adjustments when we need to. 

This DL will bother Arizona a lot more than San Francisco's did. They don't have the depth along the DL that we do, and as good as Bosa is at getting pressures, I don't ever see him as a big sack guy. Arizona will most likely be rolling Murray out a ton in this game and we need to be prepared for it. 

Arizona doesn't have good TE's, they'll have to rely on their WRs. I think Moreau should be on Hopkins and Darby on Fitzgerald. Even though Darby is susceptible to the double move, Fitzgerald at this point in his career probably isn't going to make him bite on it. Do whatever the hell we did with Apke and Curl in the 2nd half against the Eagles and see what we can do. 

On offense I'd like to see Gibson utilized a bit more, and for the love of God please hold a block for Dwayne, left side.  

Archived