Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs Arizona (game of the week)

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I just watched every offensive play from the Cardinals game from this past weekend so I can get an idea of what were up against, couple thoughts.

Murray isn't very accurate past 10 yards, lots of poorly thrown balls for the first 3 Qtrs of the game.

I think he has trouble seeing over the D line so he flushes frequently even when there isnt pressure and he didn't seem to look for a big play downfield through the air, usually he settled for a run or a short pass.  His one interception of the day was off a tipped pass thrown from the pocket.

Most of his passes were screens or quick outs to the flat, of his 40 pass attempts I only remember 3 where the ball was thrown 10+ yards upfield, he wasn't looking at the middle of the field at all.

His best completion of the day was a 33 yard TD but for context somehow San Fran blew coverage and Hopkins was left uncovered and caught the ball flat footed with no defenders within 10 yards, he easily trotted into the endzone.

Murray's best attribute I think is his smarts and awareness, definitely not his passing skills, he had one really nice run where the rush was heavy and he immediately ran it up the middle then took it to the outside for a 25 yard TD, his other runs throughout the day were 5-10 yard chunks but never anything that felt dangerous. Most of the runs were on passing plays where he couldn't find an open WR.

The Cards run game outside of Murray wasn't great, the RB's averaged less than 4 yards per carry, Murray by far was their biggest threat on the ground albeit unconventionally.

Based on this one game I think the Cardinals offense is more opportunistic than good, Murray is a good improviser, he reminds me of a poor mans Russell Wilson, he has Russell's running ability and elusiveness but his vision in the pass game and ability to see the entire field is not even close.

Some of this could be related to the San Fran defense and their scheme, I can't speak much on that. 

I don't mean to sound like a Wendy wyner but I miss skinsislandconnection and the original game prediction thread.

34 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thanks a lot. I found it. They look pretty beatable to me.

Dosent work when I try to watch it..something about foreign country or something..thanks for trying to share tho

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I don't mean to sound like a Wendy wyner but I miss skinsislandconnection and the original game prediction thread.

Dosent work when I try to watch it..something about foreign country or something..thanks for trying to share tho

That's a YP tiger, not a MP.

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Say huh?

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

O...m....g...someone call my mom..I get it...

That's a your problem tiger not a my problem...I'm getting better at this errry day..lol.. just for the record I wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful I was just being honest, I was wanting to see it(cardinals offensive highlights)as well

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I just watched every offensive play from the Cardinals game from this past weekend so I can get an idea of what were up against, couple thoughts.

Murray isn't very accurate past 10 yards, lots of poorly thrown balls for the first 3 Qtrs of the game.

I think he has trouble seeing over the D line so he flushes frequently even when there isnt pressure and he didn't seem to look for a big play downfield through the air, usually he settled for a run or a short pass.  His one interception of the day was off a tipped pass thrown from the pocket.

Most of his passes were screens or quick outs to the flat, of his 40 pass attempts I only remember 3 where the ball was thrown 10+ yards upfield, he wasn't looking at the middle of the field at all.

His best completion of the day was a 33 yard TD but for context somehow San Fran blew coverage and Hopkins was left uncovered and caught the ball flat footed with no defenders within 10 yards, he easily trotted into the endzone.

Murray's best attribute I think is his smarts and awareness, definitely not his passing skills, he had one really nice run where the rush was heavy and he immediately ran it up the middle then took it to the outside for a 25 yard TD, his other runs throughout the day were 5-10 yard chunks but never anything that felt dangerous. Most of the runs were on passing plays where he couldn't find an open WR.

The Cards run game outside of Murray wasn't great, the RB's averaged less than 4 yards per carry, Murray by far was their biggest threat on the ground albeit unconventionally.

Based on this one game I think the Cardinals offense is more opportunistic than good, Murray is a good improviser, he reminds me of a poor mans Russell Wilson, he has Russell's running ability and elusiveness but his vision in the pass game and ability to see the entire field is not even close.

Some of this could be related to the San Fran defense and their scheme, I can't speak much on that. 

prediction ?

Nice interview with Julie Donaldson. I had no idea she was the first on air female broadcaster for an NFL team. Awesome!   I end up listening to at least few games on radio through Sirius. I look forward to hearing how she does. All I have heard was it went well Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, trap said:

prediction ?

I think it's a toss up but I don't see anything intimidating about the Cards.

If someone put a gun to my head I would probably pick the Cards, I need to see some consistency before I buy it to what we did last week.  If we don't create turnovers and short fields can we sustain long drives and finish?  I'm not so sure.

Brad looks like he's ****ting his pants while julie is talking about the defense lol

Thanks for sharing that @goskins10

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kyler Murray/Hopkins and 90 degree smoke-air is a bad matchup for any defense.  We will wear down.

RedWolves will need 30+ points to win the game.  Not sure we have it in us.

Wait..90 in a controlled temp stadium..that's enclosed?..air quality will be fine by than

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Kyler Murray/Hopkins and 90 degree smoke-air is a bad matchup for any defense.  We will wear down.

RedWolves will need 30+ points to win the game.  Not sure we have it in us.

It's an indoor stadium. Climate will not be an issue (but it is a 102 high forecast for Sunday).

Cardinals will a problem for us Sunday. Their offense is heavily weighted towards Murray and Hopkins but thats not a bad place to start. Murray is extremely mobile and he runs smart as well, keeping in the pocket will be key but is easier said than done. They targeted Hopkins a ton Sunday so taking him away and making them beat you with someone else is really important.

Their defense is good- Chandler Jones is an elite rusher but the rest of that front is average. They have athletic linebackers but the rookie Simmons was caught out a lot in coverage last Sunday. They have a really good secondary with Bubba Baker and Patrick Peterson. We will struggle to move the ball consistently IMO.

This is a tough matchup for us - a mobile QB can limit a pass rush which is our strength. But if we can limit Murray and make him beat us with his arm and take away Hopkins we have a chance. Could come down to key plays. turnovers and special teams - like most games. I understand why we are underdogs though.

Archived