Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huffpo: Explosive UFO Report In NYT Mentions 'Off-World Vehicles Not Made On This Earth'

Jumbo

8 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Your position is not controversial, it makes sense with the information we currently have. I think there’s a gradient to the likelihood that some of the claims being made are true, and the extremes of completely dismissing them or 100% believing in them are both wrong. 

Five years ago I would have said there is almost no chance that UFOs/UAPs are some other life form visiting us from some other planet/dimension/etc. Just based on what we’ve learned over the past few years I think there is greater weight/likelihood of it being true, and I would put the likelihood at a 5%-10% chance. Still unlikely, but the increase from <1% to 5%-10% over a couple years feels huge. 

Yeah I don't want it to come off as if I'm dismissing the idea of it. I think it's certainly possible (and IMO fascinating).

But I'm inherently a bit skeptical about a lot of the standard UFO stuff. The grainy pictures, the anecdotal evidence, the "this time it's totally real", and on and on. This just feels like a possible continuation of that same trend.

Combine that with how dubious I find the idea of aliens who are are capable of interstellar (and possibly even FTL) travel somehow being so inept and clumsy that they're crashing their spacecraft on Earth at random locations. Likewise with alien pilots in them. Why would they be there? Why not send an unmanned probe? None of it makes sense to me given how mind-bendingly ahead of us they'd likely be technologically. 

I'd actually love for evidence to come out and actually know it's true. But until that happens, I remain leaning "probably mostly BS".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

As far as this goes, I put FTL as option 1. That would include wormholes. Unless the aliens aren't from this universe then they're going to have to contend with relativity, which is an incredibly well proven scientific theory and is baked into the fabric of spacetime.

Either they've found a way past relativity or they haven't. If they have, then all bets are off. If they haven't, then that puts the kibosh in the idea of aliens gallivanting around the universe and making pit stops at random places whenever they see fit.

If we’re talking alien life, which i don’t think “unidentified” implies, then there are endless possibilities. Consider that some form of life might be incredibly long lived, or even effectively immortal in that they’ve conquered death as a result of aging. Such beings could view the extreme distances between the stars as something to do with their time. What’s the thousand years when you conceivably have millions?

We could be as long lived as as the bubbles in a glass of soda to them. That would also explain why they have no apparent interest in speaking to us. Would you build a relationship with a fruit fly? It would be useless, from our perspective there wouldn’t be enough time. And with which colony would they communicate? There are so many, that come and go, having to reorganize in less than a thousand years. And our language would seems to change constantly. 

I still think that if there are genuine UFOs being spotted, that aren’t some science clubs balloon, they’re a natural phenomenon that happens too unpredictably and infrequent to study. I feel the same way about “ghosts”. I don’t think spooky inexplicable happenings is anyone’s dead grandma’s shambling spirit, but i do think weird things happen. They just happen in such a way that makes studying them next to impossible. People experience what they experience and can never replicate it. Absent any obvious explanation, the imagination runs wild and the weird lights in the sky become aliens.

plus I think people want aliens to exist. We want there to be more. More worlds, more life, and even life after death. We do not want this, meaning everyday life, to be all there is. Something inside us all screams that there must be more. 

• Thumb up 1

@DestinoI 100% agree with you. I was just talking about the specific hypothetical case where these UFOs actually were extraterrestrial alien species.

I generally err on the same side as you, that there's a distinct possibility that alien life may be so...alien...that we'd have almost nothing at all in common with it and they may not even notice that we exist. Or not notice any more than we notice an anthill that we drive past.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I don't want it to come off as if I'm dismissing the idea of it. I think it's certainly possible (and IMO fascinating).

But I'm inherently a bit skeptical about a lot of the standard UFO stuff. The grainy pictures, the anecdotal evidence, the "this time it's totally real", and on and on. This just feels like a possible continuation of that same trend…

I'd actually love for evidence to come out and actually know it's true. But until that happens, I remain leaning "probably mostly BS".

We’re on the same page, I think most of the standard UFO stuff involving grainy pictures and anecdotal stories from random people are mostly BS. However, the accounts from military pilots and officials from the past few years have been hard for me to dismiss. Something is going on. It could be a more sophisticated form of BS involving government officials, advanced military technology, or something unbelievable and out of this world. Or some/all of the above. We just don’t know enough to say for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

We’re on the same page, I think most of the standard UFO stuff involving grainy pictures and anecdotal stories from random people are mostly BS. However, the accounts from military pilots and officials from the past few years have been hard for me to dismiss. Something is going on. It could be a more sophisticated form of BS involving government officials, advanced military technology, or something unbelievable and out of this world. Or some/all of the above. We just don’t know enough to say for sure. 

There is way too much evidence to deny weird **** is being seen by people that spend time in the sky. The only question that remains is what exactly it is that they, and their instruments in some instances, are seeing. Could be something entirely unknown. Could be a weather balloon. Could be probes from the far reaches of space hoping to communicate this planets dominant life forms, the ants.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

There is way too much evidence to deny weird **** is being seen by people that spend time in the sky. The only question that remains is what exactly it is that they, and their instruments in some instances, are seeing. Could be something entirely unknown. Could be a weather balloon. Could be probes from the far reaches of spaces hoping to communicate this planets dominant life forms, the ants.

I assume you meant whales.

hqdefault.jpg

10 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

And with all the radar and astronomy (that can detect asteroids less that 5 feet in diameter) etc we still have no solid data.

This is not where I believe we are right now, it's more like who has solid data and how much will it take to get to the general public. 

We've reached a point where DoD is asking NASA for help, and normally they don't to avoid wild goose chances on this.

At this point I'm skeptical on anyone that's still skeptical of whether there's aliens out there. We've been crossed the rubicon on this issue and it's just how long until it's all out there what solid data we actually have.

I can see folks holding out because of the ramifications of aliens officially being fact, but we've never been closer to giving a definitive yes or no answer then we are right now.  Its just when at this point.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Non-DoD organizations have little incentive for secrecy, especially the international community.

Not long ago, the astronomy community was very open in sharing data about an unknown interstellar object, ‘Oumuamua

And that's the core of why this is different, imo...its about what defense organizations know based on what they've already released or corroborated recently.  Theres a lot that's come out just this decade, enough that Congress isn't backing down from getting the rest.

Just now, Corcaigh said:

My point was that in spite of many scientific organizations with no history of secrecy, there is nothing in the public domain that could be considered testable or verifiable data.

Are you saying the Navy pilot footage on 60 minutes isn't verifiable?

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

At this point I'm skeptical on anyone that's still skeptical of whether there's aliens out there. We've been crossed the rubicon on this issue and it's just how long until it's all out there what solid data we actually have.

I'm skeptical because there's no evidence. We have some unexplained aerial phenomena and a lot of second/third hand accounts of "I know a guy who knows a guy who saw alien bodies and spaceship parts".

Is there something kinda wonky going on? Certainly seems so. But until we actually have any hard evidence presented for it being extraterrestrial in origin, I'm not going to assume it is. Partly because of the sheer monumental nature of interstellar travel, and partly because of the statistical likelihood of nearby alien civilizations evolving within the same time period as us and within the same habitable zone of the galaxy.

@mistertim

I his posted some evidence right above you submitted by the Navy of technology that no country in Earth is close to developing.

This is no longer random folks who think they saw something, it's our military and they release footage in this right around COVID (which I believe the pandemic was so loud we maybe heard this but are just now listening)

7 minutes ago, Sacks &#x27;n&#x27; Stuff said:

Those all look to me like a bug that landed on the camera.

Ah yes, the bugs that fly out over the middle of the ocean and land on fighter jet cameras…

Go look up and listen to the pilot testimonies, they talk about seeing the craft on their situational awareness sensors and in some cases flying close enough to see them with their eyes. So no, they’re not bugs landing on cameras. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Ah yes, the bugs that fly out over the middle of the ocean and land on fighter jet cameras…

Go look up and listen to the pilot testimonies, they talk about seeing the craft on their situational awareness sensors and in some cases flying close enough to see them with their eyes. So no, they’re not bugs landing on cameras. 

Ok bro 😆👍

• Haha 3

Have you guys considered just how far an alien would have to go to prove it existed to humanity? a lot of people still don’t the moon landing was real and that was before we had AI fakes, CGI, and widespread distrust in government. I bet if a UFO landed on the White House lawn and an alien swaggered out of its ship to give a press conference, most people would assume it was a gag or a hoax. 

27 minutes ago, Destino said:

Have you guys considered just how far an alien would have to go to prove it existed to humanity? a lot of people still don’t the moon landing was real and that was before we had AI fakes, CGI, and widespread distrust in government. I bet if a UFO landed on the White House lawn and an alien swaggered out of its ship to give a press conference, most people would assume it was a gag or a hoax. 

It doesn’t seem that hard…

image.jpeg.1f07c4d6d73be0b9b06a00a9a7552a5a.jpeg

if I seen this out my window, you could mark me down as believer.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bang said:

The fact DoD takes this very seriously and openly from a standpoint of "we don't know what it is" moves the needle considerably, IMO.

Whatever it is, it's real enough to have them spooked.

~Bang

There's really something going on

The willingness of so many to take the titanic leap to "It MUST be aliens!" is the same dynamic as cavemen watching an eclipse and being sure something was  eating the moon

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

Well, i wouldn't go that far.
Technology, science, physics, aerodynamics, we've somewhat mastered a lot of the forces of our world, we're able to recognize that whatever these things are, they are not natural phenomenon of what we know. They are more than a mysterious noise in the sky, they do things we truly don't understand given what we know. 
Now, "what we know" may be a thimble full of what there IS to know, but we know enough to know better.

~Bang

• Like 1

There's some deductive reasoning here that many are demanding go through our species verification process to be real that completely flies in the face of the advancement neccesary to get here that we agree on.

Being lazy or ignorant and trying not to outsmart oneself are not the same thing.

Edited by Renegade7

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I probably have gone back and forth on these 

Does it not seem strange that the only DOD videos of these UAP happened to Navy FA/18s off the coast?  

I think "spoofing of FLIR signatures" is a more likely explanation. 

You think those are the only videos the DoD has?  lol  

• Thanks 1