Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With what looks like a complete overhaul how will your fandom change?

bakedtater1

5 hours ago, JCB said:

I rep the District, native son. Let’s rock!

That's where I stand. It's the community more than the name or the colors or even the players. Football gives me a chance to hang out with my friends and cheer with total strangers. It offers an opportunity to be a part of something.

We, the fans, are more important than the team. Heck, given all the losing, we the fans are mostly all we got.

I'm not native to DC, I started following the team during their 1st super bowl run...I've stuck with them through all the bad seasons, and stupid ****...I've had to put up with bull**** from giants and patriots fans all around me through every failed season ( jets and Bill's fans pretty much stay quiet...)

Why would I leave now? Because a name change? Because another new owner (possibly)?

The history, the heart and soul of the team is still there...so no....not leaving my fandom of them. 

I love football and it's even better when you have a horse in the race. This particular horse chose me back in 1983 and I ain't ready to give up on it now. I don't like that the name and logo are changing, but I understand why and can accept it, I would hate it if they changed the colours, but would begrudgingly accept it.

I have almost 40 years of memories of my favourite players playing for the Redskins, nothing can change that. Hopefully I will have many more years of my favourite players playing for the (insert new name here). I don't understand the psychology behind why I feel so close to this team or what even constitutes a team, given that the individual parts change every few years, but this is my team.

Redskins for life or (insert new name here) for life, it's the same team and that's all that matters.

Xam nailed it

THIS is the final straw? After decades of bull****, now the name change is too much?

In the grand scheme of things this barely moves the needle, there is so much going on that dwarfs this that I tried to get upset, but nothing happened.

We (collectively) have howled for decades for change, gnashed our teeth and turned in our fan cards and essentially ever other fruitless way to throw a tantrun about the sad state of the franchise. This is how change happens, enough with trying to repatch patched patches with beloved coach's return or big name signings or any other failed attempt to pretend change was coming. THIS is change

This is to many upsettling and unsettling and pricks that last tiny bubble of normalcy and nostalgia they clung to in the crashing waves. There is an old expression that applies here- tough ****

It IS happening, none of us have any say in it, you can drum your feet and hold your breath 'til you turn blue, it's happening and how you react is your choice.

Me? I feel like this is a great opportunity, an unknown, scary opportunity but an opportunity nonetheless. 

Tabula rasa. A clean slate. New coaches, new staff, new team, new directives and focus, a rare chance for the young talent we already have gathered here to strike out and make their mark, make a name for themselves, shoulder the load of establishing who and what this team shall be going forward. They will be the ones to add the definition to whatever name the team goes by. 

I am not going to experience this with diaper rash.

I don't give a single **** about the name change, other than I hope they don't **** it up.  I am in favor of it.  

I have been checked out on the Redskins since around 2008.  Sports teams are a 2 way street.  If they want my loyalty, attention and money, then they in return need to provide some sort of civic pride and excitement.  The Skins have been nothing but an embarrassment for 20 years with brief intermittent periods of above-averageness (like the one good RG3 year).  Danny Snyder is a terrible owner and miserable human.  Cerrato and Allen are both incompetent ****heads.  The team has no leadership and no direction, and every time they make a decent hire, they ruin it in short order.  The culture is toxic, the product on the field stinks, hell, even the playing field itself is often unacceptable.  

A complete overhaul, with ownership change, will cause me to give the franchise a fresh start.  

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

I'm not native to DC, I started following the team during their 1st super bowl run...I've stuck with them through all the bad seasons, and stupid ****...I've had to put up with bull**** from giants and patriots fans all around me through every failed season ( jets and Bill's fans pretty much stay quiet...)

Why would I leave now? Because a name change? Because another new owner (possibly)?

The history, the heart and soul of the team is still there...so no....not leaving my fandom of them. 

Good.stuff.thanks

I can't believe that Red Wolves is the choice for so many. What in the world does Red Wolves have to do with anything? ( I know, Native American fighter pilots? And people are supposed to know that? Is that supposed to further appease those who have forced the name change? Get them out of it all together.) Wait, since the Snyder led Washington team has never had an identity, maybe the team name should be equally obscure. I am all for it. My "fandom" won't change a bit because I have been for whatever it takes for Snyder to be forced out for a very long time. Maybe this is one more nail.

1 hour ago, Chelsea_Phil said:

Be like premier league teams; no nicknames. 

Team                      Nickname
Bournemouth    =    Cherries
Arsenal    =    Gunners
Aston Villa    =    Villans
Brighton    =    Seagulls
Burnley    =    Clarets
Chelsea    =    Blues
Crystal Palace    =    Eagles
Everton    =    Toffees
Leicester    =    Foxes
Liverpool    =    Reds
Manchester City    =    Sky Blues
Manchester United    =    Red Devils
Newcastle    =    Magpies
Norwich    =    Canaries
Sheffield United    =    Blades
Southampton    =    Saints
Watford    =    Hornets
West Ham    =    Hammers
Wolverhampton    =    Wanderers

6 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

hmmmm...wre it a complete (dan) overhaul, how will my fanhood change?

before, and (hopefully) after

Judging by that second picture, I'm guessing home games would be a lot closer for me. 

San Juan Caribs!

5 hours ago, Xameil said:

i was just looking at your profile our fan stories are quite similar. 

we live about 80 miles apart so we both have had to deal with Patriots and giants fans all our lives, you're a year older than I am and we both started rooting for the skins at the exact same time and our favorite Redskin is Darrell green.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

i was just looking at your profile our fan stories are quite similar. 

we live about 80 miles apart so we both have had to deal with Patriotsand giants fans all our lives, you're a year older than I am and we both started rooting for the skins at the exact same time and our favorite Redskin is Darrell green.

Lol funny. Of course I can add ST and Cooley to that list of fav redskins players as well.

80 miles which direction?

1 minute ago, Xameil said:

Lol funny. Of course I can add ST and Cooley to that list of fav redskins players as well.

80 miles which direction?

I'm about 80 miles east of you the way the crow flies.

shoot over the mohawk trail heading east and you'd pass my house in a little under two hours.

What has anyone heard about this Washington Post 'Bombshell' article? 

I've been waiting for something to drop since Tuesday, so I'm just looking for speculation at this point. 

We've had 3 pretty much unknown executives leave this week (Michael retired, Santos and Mann II fired). That makes me think there's something to this report. 

Anyway, what has anyone heard?

19 minutes ago, Unbias said:

What has anyone heard about this Washington Post 'Bombshell' article? 

I've been waiting for something to drop since Tuesday, so I'm just looking for speculation at this point. 

We've had 3 pretty much unknown executives leave this week (Michael retired, Santos and Mann II fired). That makes me think there's something to this report. 

Anyway, what has anyone heard?

the "a new start" thread is covering all that and it's got every ounce of speculation you could ever desire.

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Judging by that second picture, I'm guessing home games would be a lot closer for me. 

San Juan Caribs!

Just need an address now thanks..🤫

1 minute ago, tshile said:

My oh my is this question a little different now. 

if snyder is here I believe I’m out. 

it the nfl saves us and gets us a new ownership group I’ll be here. 

God no ****ing **** how do you support a team ran by this disgusting weasel?..

As long as my folks are with me with or with out snyder I'll push for them to get into __________ football so we can spend sundays together. As long as there with me and we spend sundays watching ___________ football I'll continue to watch ___________football. Once there not with me it might be my first time scince 2000 not watching every snap of the team from Washington.

Archived