Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With what looks like a complete overhaul how will your fandom change?

bakedtater1

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

I don't know how many, but I know there were some.

I'm on twitter, anyone can speak to this, but the voice in support of no name was more treated like a joke then serious push (or just sarcastic exhaustion). Some were serious, but not nearly as serious as RedWolves until the temp name was released.

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

The process isn't over yet, but they've been listening.

This leaves out so many people that don't use social media, is this really the best way or the easiest to say they are "listening to us"?  My dad types with two fingers still, how are they going to get his input?

If you suggesting I wait to see what happens, sure I can do that.  Do I have a choice?

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Cant wait to get me some Football Team gear. GO FOOTBALL TEAM!!!

I was looking for a clip of the famous Brian Regan bit about "Go my favorite sports team, score a goal. Point. Unit. Thing!" 

But found this instead which is better:

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was looking for a clip of the famous Brian Regan bit about "Go my favorite sports team, score a goal. Point. Unit. Thing!" 

But found this instead which is better:

Brian Regan is amazing.

Even on sports.

"It's a Best of 7 Series, and you're down 1-0...Would you consider this a must win game ?"

"No...No, we can lose tonight....Matter of fact, we can lose tomorrow night, too. We don't want to, but that wasn't your question."

Reading through the posts, I see those who are going to stick with the team, then there are those who are on the fence, and lastly those who are done with it.

I found myself awakening to being on the fence, but seeing the inevitable fall, so i'm most likely in the latter group.

IMO its like having that longtime girlfriend or wife { boyfriend or husband so I don't get accused of favortism }, with whom you have been through alot of good and bad times, only to wake up one morning to find this person gone, all of their belongings gone, and you are literally left speechless, as you lay there sobbing in your pillow, wondering what went wrong.

For those who are sticking with the team, more power to ya; for those who are quitting, more power to ya. There's no right or wrong answer to this, its a personal decision. It doesn't make you less of a fan by leaving, and it doesn't make you more of a fan for staying, Something precious was taken away, and for me there's no substitute. Like that 'first love of your life', it stays with you in your mind, and you're left wondering 'what if', even after all these years. 

The key for people is adaptability, some embrace it while others reject it. To me its not the same. It never will be in my eyes. I've enjoyed the conversations with others over the years, it opened my eyes in ways and i'm sure i've opened a few eyes as well. Even the mods { although sometimes by force } has had an effect on me in one way or another, but I wouldn't change any of it; unfortunately the change is beyond my control. 

My biggest issue now is what to do with all of my 26 jerseys, 20+ caps, cups, clocks, helmets, cards, and yes even a pipe, along with all of the other nick-nacks I have. I haven't given it really any thought, but if I approach it from an ex's perspective, i'd probably end up burning it all, so i am a bit perplexed. 

I'll probably end up PMing some of you guys and gals to see if you want some of it in the near future; i'll just chalk it up to donating to the needy, or the wanty...

SIC

On 7/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, Renegade7 said:

This leaves out so many people that don't use social media, is this really the best way or the easiest to say they are "listening to us"?  My dad types with two fingers still, how are they going to get his input?

I'm not on social media at all, but I went to Redskins .com, scrolled down to the bottom of the page, clicked on " contact us " and filled out the form.

( Maybe message boards are considered social media. I don't know. )

A few days later I received the e-mail explaining the change to " Washington Football Team ".

I don't think social media is the only way to communicate  with the team.

On 7/30/2020 at 4:10 PM, Renegade7 said:

If you suggesting I wait to see what happens, sure I can do that.  Do I have a choice?

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying it sounds like the team is going to have various ways over the next year and a half, for fans to give their input on the name.

19 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I'm not on social media at all, but I went to Redskins .com, scrolled down to the bottom of the page, clicked on " contact us " and filled out the form.

A few days later I received the e-mail explaining the change to " Washington Football Team ".

That's pretty cool, I hope to hear them clarify that in the coming months.

19 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying it sounds like the team is going to have various ways over the next year and a half, for fans to give their input on the name.

Snyder had 20 years to get our input on anything, if he wants the benefit of the doubt he has to earn it.

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's pretty cool, I hope to hear them clarify that in the coming months.

Snyder had 20 years to get our input on anything, if he wants the benefit of the doubt he has to earn it.

Agreed. Tbh Snyder should have been on the same page Disney was (Splash Mountain) and had a replacement name ready to go. The fact that they're just now starting to address the possibility of a name change really just puts in bold print the front office's incompetence and Dan's lack of leadership. 

No matter which side you are on, the "he should have never been willing to change" or the "this was inevitable" side, the fact that there was no contingency for an issue that has been a heated debate for decades for one of the biggest franchises in all of sports is mind-blowing.

14 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

( Maybe message boards are considered social media. I don't know. )

Will they accept a hand written letter though?..if you dont know what that is I'd be happy to explain

I think it's over for me. I just don't care anymore. Almost 50 years of being behind this team. You rip off that name Redskins and it is just over. This is the straw that broke the camels back. The sensitivity of people is just too much for me to deal with. I will never use Fed Ex again. I will never buy Nike again. Like those two brands give a sheet about Native Americans. Fred Smith and this entire POS ownership group can just go back to where they came from. They have no balls. 

@Renegade7 

click here for link

THE JOURNEY STARTS NOW!

Last week's announcement was just the beginning ... Now it's your opportunity to come along with us and be a part of our evolution. This is your opportunity to give us your best pitch, because WE WANT YOUR INPUT! Whether it's a name idea, a logo or artwork that you've created, or a video testimonial, we want to hear it.  Please submit your idea now! 

You’ve come forward with a number of great ideas to date, and we’re excited to see what additional concepts you may have! Please note that all ideas and files submitted will be reviewed by the Washington Football Team in earnest. We may reach out with additional questions or comments as we work to bring you along on our journey to this new era of Washington football.

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Will they accept a hand written letter though?..if you dont know what that is I'd be happy to explain

What exactly is this " hand written letter " thing you speak of ?

But seriously, why don't you write them and find out ?

13 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

What exactly is this " hand written letter " thing you speak of ?

But seriously, why don't you write them and find out ?

I should...maybe they would take it more scincere...probably would think it's a terrorist attack 

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

I think it's over for me. I just don't care anymore. Almost 50 years of being behind this team. You rip off that name Redskins and it is just over. This is the straw that broke the camels back. The sensitivity of people is just too much for me to deal with. I will never use Fed Ex again. I will never buy Nike again. Like those two brands give a sheet about Native Americans. Fred Smith and this entire POS ownership group can just go back to where they came from. They have no balls. 

"Alexa, tell me how ya really feel"..

Chicken **** soft America is what I call it.

It won't affect my fandom any.  I'll just have to get used to calling them something else. 
They still are going to play football right?
Because that is pretty much why I pay attention to them.

~Bang

Player

3 hours ago, Bang said:

It won't affect my fandom any.  I'll just have to get used to calling them something else. 
They still are going to play football right?
Because that is pretty much why I pay attention to them.

~Bang

Thanks for posting here...I've been wanting to ask when abouts can we see a new cartoon?

@ConnSKINS26 think I'm ready to let go of what they should've done up to this point and just watch what they do.

I'm not going so far as "it is what it is", I still have a line, I still have boundaries. But we really don't have a choice but to give them a chance to get this right.

It's unhealthy staying angry with them, reminds me of codependency. When they **** up again, we can talk about it, that's what we do here.

Don't leave us for dead as fans with the gear we still have after the whole country is looking for **** to set on fire right now. That better be one of their plans.

Archived