Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With what looks like a complete overhaul how will your fandom change?

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

I wonder how the Steelers dealt with so many years of mediocrity. 

The Bills, The Cowboys, The Browns,etc. 

What an odd way to cop out. Sad really. 

The Steelers had mediocre seasons?

27 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

I wonder how the Steelers dealt with so many years of mediocrity. 

The Bills, The Cowboys, The Browns,etc. 

What an odd way to cop out. Sad really. 

With very few fans.

Its sad that someone would try to minimize anyone’s considerations of continuing to stick with the team, really.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No.  You shouldn't.

Why?

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

No.  You shouldn't.

Don't call me out and then be shy about it,.. you can give it to me straight that way I can use it as a learning lesson on how to improve my personality here.. if you don't want to say it here there is that PM thing that I know how to use

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

The Steelers had mediocre seasons?

Yes. Look at the eighties to start with. 

Also, how many rings did cowher and tomlin win in the last ...how many years? 

7 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Yes. Look at the eighties to start with. 

Also, how many rings did cowher and tomlin win in the last ...how many years? 

The Steelers have 102 wins over the last 10 seasons. They have averaged 10 wins a season.

The Redskins have 62 wins over the last 10 seasons. They have a total of one 10 win season.

Even without any Super Bowls, it seems to be pretty easy to be a Steelers fan lately.

• Like 1

Name the other teams in the AFC that have enjoyed winning seasons during that period. What are there four other teams? Heck I think that the Redskins were more successful than both the Browns and Bengals over the last decade.

Browns yes, Bengals no.

The Redskins are one of the least successful regular season teams over the last 10 years. Top of my head, I think only the Lions and Browns have less wins.

Edited by Springfield

I'm honestly surprised how many people here root for the name/branding instead of football/players/team.  It's as if they want the identity of name/branding more than X's and O's or players/team improving and developing.

When the Shanahans came in with a new offense with RG3, that was beyond exciting.  We were trend setters.  When Sean McVay came in with Kirk/Reed and a good supporting cast (Garcon, Jackson, Thompson) we saw what a well called offense that adapted throughout the game looked like.

Those were exciting times to be a fan of the team.

Were some of you more caught up in the notion that it was cooler to identify with name/branding during 2012 and 2015 rather than football/players/team?  Cause it seems that way.

I have my future name preferences, and I am sad we're ditching American Indian/Native American imagery.  And I get some of those reasons while disagreeing with others.  But ultimately name/branding plays a secondary or tertiary role in rooting for the team.  To the point that we could rebrand every year over and over again and it wouldn't change my rooting interests.

The underlying team is always the same.  The players have been followed and we've seen how they've developed.  The coaches and their philosophies are interesting in how they want to utilize those players.  Growth and development of the on field product is why I follow the team.

The latest scandal with how awful and poorly run Ashburn was, clearly indicates a trickle down effect hurting the locker room and on field product.  That would be a reason to take a break.  But for me, Rivera and how much power he holds, offers hope.  This seems to be the first time we've got a shot at changing the culture of the organization.  Which can then help create a better support system for coaches/players to focus on the on-field product.

After seeing the resultant tenures of Gibbs and Shanahan, two coaches who Rivera pale in comparison to, I have no faith that a Ron Rivera tenure will be any different. I’ll be shocked if Rivera makes it through Snyder’s **** show through three seasons. Rivera is another hire in a line of hires that people think will inspire change but simply maintain the status quo.

We shouldn’t be so foolhardy to think that the DC football team under Rivera will have any success other than the moderate and fleeting successes seen during Gibbs and Shanahan’s time as coach.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I'm honestly surprised how many people here root for the name/branding instead of football/players/team.  It's as if they want the identity of name/branding more than X's and O's or players/team improving and developing.

When the Shanahans came in with a new offense with RG3, that was beyond exciting.  We were trend setters.  When Sean McVay came in with Kirk/Reed and a good supporting cast (Garcon, Jackson, Thompson) we saw what a well called offense that adapted throughout the game looked like.

Those were exciting times to be a fan of the team.

Were some of you more caught up in the notion that it was cooler to identify with name/branding during 2012 and 2015 rather than football/players/team?  Cause it seems that way.

I have my future name preferences, and I am sad we're ditching American Indian/Native American imagery.  And I get some of those reasons while disagreeing with others.  But ultimately name/branding plays a secondary or tertiary role in rooting for the team.  To the point that we could rebrand every year over and over again and it wouldn't change my rooting interests.

The underlying team is always the same.  The players have been followed and we've seen how they've developed.  The coaches and their philosophies are interesting in how they want to utilize those players.  Growth and development of the on field product is why I follow the team.

The latest scandal with how awful and poorly run Ashburn was, clearly indicates a trickle down effect hurting the locker room and on field product.  That would be a reason to take a break.  But for me, Rivera and how much power he holds, offers hope.  This seems to be the first time we've got a shot at changing the culture of the organization.  Which can then help create a better support system for coaches/players to focus on the on-field product.

I root for the team, not the individuals.  I enjoyed the RG3 run yes, but in hindsight he was a me player and I'm just too old for them I guess.

I grew up watching Fran Tarkenton and Chuck Forman running all over the place probably more exciting than RG3, to me at least.  I rooted for the Vikings back then instead of the players but that was mostly because the Vikes were on TV all the time and winning.  

• Like 2
19 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why?

Don't call me out and then be shy about it,.. you can give it to me straight that way I can use it as a learning lesson on how to improve my personality here.. if you don't want to say it here there is that PM thing that I know how to use

Danny Glover - No - Find and Share Funny Animated Gifs

14 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

And this is how you respond?..what a joke..how ****ing obnoxious is this?...you pull this **** to get under people's skin and sit back in your ****in basement with a bottle of lotion and a silence of the lambs poster with your weiner tucked so far up your ass you cant see straight...****s like you and koolblu make the whole social media experience a ****ing joke...cant have a normal ****ing conversation..someone asks you a question and Danny ****ing Glover comes to mind?..wtfe!!!

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

And this is how you respond?..what a joke..how ****ing obnoxious is this?...you pull this **** to get under people's skin and sit back in your ****in basement with a bottle of lotion and a silence of the lambs poster with your weiner tucked so far up your ass you cant see straight...****s like you and koolblu make the whole social media experience a ****ing joke...cant have a normal ****ing conversation..someone asks you a question and Danny ****ing Glover comes to mind?..wtfe!!!

Trigger GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 3
On 7/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, bakedtater1 said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Though I do have to give you credit for somehow managing to slip a Silence of the Lambs Buffalo Bill reference into a football post.

Edited by mistertim

I have no idea.  As of the current moment, I haven't given a **** about topics like Chase Young, or new coaching schemes, or Kelvin Harmon's injury in weeks.  Typically, I'd be obsessing over them, and it'd be thing thing I'd do in 5 minute bursts everyday during work to take a breather.  I miss that badly, but I can't fake it if my heart isn't in it.  Maybe it changes before the season starts, or maybe the actual rebrand will speak to me somehow, I'm not sure.  I tried talking about this feeling in various places but support was scattered.  It wasn't helpful for me to rain on anyone else's parade who was having fun with the rebrand, and I also didn't especially enjoy implications by some of the more hostile reactions, so it was best to just take a break from engaging with it and revisit later on.

On 7/17/2020 at 4:25 AM, DGriz said:

No sir I won’t, I promise you that, my love of the Redskins died with the name. ..I have long said if they change the name I’m done and it’s unfortunately come to that...This whole situation of the PC culture is out of control...I hate it but I’m done 😢

Oh well. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the behind on your way out.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:40 AM, Kosher Ham said:

Name the other teams in the AFC that have enjoyed winning seasons during that period. What are there four other teams? Heck I think that the Redskins were more successful than both the Browns and Bengals over the last decade.

This isn't the first time I've used this clip for posts related to this team but sadly, it's still so very appropriate.

I'll watch the games on mute, not giving the announcers the satisfaction of officially calling us the Washington Football Team and dumping salt on our open heart surgery.

giphy (74).gif

If there ever was a time to jump ship its now.  But I can't. How does one just up and leave and decide to pick a new team?  It has to happen organically I think.  My wife who Ive been complaining to a lot lately and over the past 25 years of marriage about the "Skins" suggested I find a new team.  Sounds like a great idea but I can't. I just can't.  Im to invested into something I can't even explain.  I live in Idaho why do I feel I must stay with this team?

I guess it comes down to the history/tradition still even though a big part of it has been ripped away..  I don't see going somewhere else and somehow abandoning my interest in Chase, Terry, Jonathan, etc.. etc.   If I go Ill be leaving the NFL and won't be just jumping on with a new team.  

• Like 1