Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you still wear your Redskins gear if the name changes

Howie411

With jerseys, hoodies, hats, shirts, socks and shoes, a disproportionate amount of my wardrobe is skins gear. I will have no choice but to wear it. To be honest, it almost feels like my old jerseys of players who left, which I tend to get rid of. I will happily phase out my gear when the full rebrand occurs, but I’m not so financially secure that I can do it all at once.

Unless we go Redwolves, in which case I will bury myself deeper in debt than any zombie in history.

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

With jerseys, hoodies, hats, shirts, socks and shoes, a disproportionate amount of my wardrobe is skins gear. I will have no choice but to wear it. To be honest, it almost feels like my old jerseys of players who left, which I tend to get rid of. I will happily phase out my gear when the full rebrand occurs, but I’m not so financially secure that I can do it all at once.

Unless we go Redwolves, in which case I will bury myself deeper in debt than any zombie in history.

In today's toxic angry world I would NOT go our in public with my gear on anymore.  Some idiot will take it personally and confront you nowadays.  I'll wear my gear around the house and yard just to wear them out but doubt I will go out in public much with them.

1 hour ago, Ashburn Dave said:

In today's toxic angry world I would NOT go our in public with my gear on anymore.

I feel like the closer proximity to Skins territory you are the less you have to worry about something like that. I’m in MD not too far from DC so I feel like I have a good amount of shielding from that.

It would likely be a good idea to think twice if I lived somewhere else in the country.

I also probably have a different viewpoint from others being a Black Male. I was already predispositioned to having problems before this, now I have to compound that with wearing a face mask 24/7 due to the pandemic, as if people didn’t see me as threat before. If I’m going to have a bad day in public, skins gear would be like the 5th reason down the list. At some point you just get numb to it all.

I think keeping a positive outlook would be important in this case. Even if confronted, I am in control of my own reactions and its hard to be angry with someone who is actively killing you with kindness. I guess life has given me experience in that situation so I am prepared to move forward with the name change in this manner. I will phase the gear out in time, as a sign of respect, but that reasonably will take me years.

And if that fails I can always book it. This Zombie can haul tail

This all seems a bit moot.  Not like I'm going out to a bar to watch a game...cause pandemic.

So I can wear it around the house when the games on...if the season starts.

I never really wore it elsewhere.  Football is predominantly played in cooler/colder weather so my other gear isn't suited to wear to the gym or something... but again pandemic so that's not happening either.

I’ll keep a Redskins lamp my mother gave me for Christmas back in the 70’s. Banners will remain, but t-shirts will be disposed of and no further new anything.

Pretty sure, for me the name change was the final straw. Going forward, i’m not gonna have the fan interest I previously had. Screw political correctness. 

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yep. I dont care if red skinned people get offended either. My favorite sports team pride is much more important. 

How about if 90% plus don’t get offended by it and it was all done for nothing? How about those Native Americans that are  offended essentially by others telling them that they are  too stupid to know they should be offended.

Yeah, this thread simply isn’t one for The Stadium. As @Jumbo said, it’s been tough for us to navigate when and where to draw the line with this whole issue as related to the team and its socio-political relevance, but I think this thread topic simply can’t escape focus on the latter. 

Moving to The Tailgate where you guys can get into it as much as you’d like regarding this topic. Consider it a mercy as there are multiple examples here of posts that directly violate the directive pinned at the top of the Stadium. 

Read here for further details if you need any as to why this is being moved:

Thanks for your approach. 

11 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Yeah, this thread simply isn’t one for The Stadium. As @Jumbo said, it’s been tough for us to navigate when and where to draw the line with this whole issue as related to the team and its socio-political relevance, but I think this thread topic simply can’t escape focus on the latter. 

Moving to The Tailgate where you guys can get into it as much as you’d like regarding this topic. Consider it a mercy as there are multiple examples here of posts that directly violate the directive pinned at the top of the Stadium. 

Read here for further details if you need any as to why this is being moved:

Thanks for your approach !

2 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

How about if 90% plus don’t get offended by it and it was all done for nothing? How about those Native Americans that are  offended essentially by others telling them that they are  too stupid to know they should be offended.

I'm a straight white guy that doesn't give a **** either bro. Cheers. **** that 10% who don't like being called Red People, right? This is our country now.

I hope everyone knows I'm being super sarcastic. I've been proname change most of my life despite being a fan. I find it absurd. You don't say yellow skins or white skins or any of that for the most obvious of reasons. It's not even a conversation. 

3 hours ago, Tarpon75 said:

Oh my, we still doing this?

We still doing this.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm a straight white guy that doesn't give a **** either bro. Cheers. **** that 10% who don't like being called Red People, right? This is our country now.

I hope everyone knows I'm being super sarcastic. I've been proname change most of my life despite being a fan. I find it absurd. You don't say yellow skins or white skins or any of that for the most obvious of reasons. It's not even a conversation. 

Go for it, just got back from New Mexico with reservations and pueblos everywhere.

So glad this thread got moved to the tailgate, I hope it stays open so we can see how the responses change like the name change thread did over the years.

Internet is like a digital geologic record.

"This layer right here was an extinction level event.  This layer up here is where they finally accepted it."

I wanna get a plain white T shirt with "Washington Football Team Est 1932" written on it in the same script of that Drake album. Can somebody make this happen? I'll pay $50. Size medium, mens. If it's one of those "universal" T shirt sizes then it'll have to be a large.

Drake-If-Youre-Reading-This-Its-Too-Late

Archived