Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Arians talked a lot about Brady's first year with the Bucs and how limited they were b/c it took a while for Brady to properly pick up the O. He had a quote that said they were not able to "open up the playbook" until around halfway thru the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/15/bruce-arians-confirms-tom-bradys-struggled-to-learn-the-playbook/

I'd say it takes a good while, probably a year for any new QB to pick up a system and if you are either a QB that has lived in one system for a long time, or have never changed systems before, its gotta be even harder. It makes me wary of making some judgements on several QBs that moved this year and are not performing to their usual standard. 

3 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Ron, being the person I think he is, is also worried about not only his coaching staff and management team but also all the way down to the hourly employees, janitors, cooks, secretaries etc. Bezos runs an empire, with the wave of a hand everyone in that organization could be without a job in a couple of months. Not saying a new owner will get rid of everyone, or should, but it has to all weigh heavily on everyone in that building. I don't get the feeling Dan is going to fight or negotiate for everyone in that organization.

Ask Cooleyfan since he works there. Do they feel nervous about potential new boss? 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Unless it's a promotion, this can be stopped.

Whether they want to stop it or not, I don't know.  They should, because finding good coaches with ownership change and Ron most likely in lame-duck situation will be tough...

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Football isn't that difficult. Coaches like to say it is to prop up their own egos. These guys have months every off season to learn this stuff. Its a cop out excuse for bad playing/coaching.

Wasn't it Norman that used to say that in the end a WR can only run 7 different routes max?

So honestly, I don't think you really need to have a 300 pages playbook to be efficient. You might as much success if you have the right players, you could spend the year playing with a hundred plays and be fine.

At some point, coaches have to let players play and have fun.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Jay's point among others isn't about a new coordinator but about a new system which are two different things.  Changing from a WCO to another form of WCO isn't supposedly that big of a deal.  But learning a whole new language and system, is a big deal, ala a QB who has always for example played in some form of WCO to a Coryell offense is a big shift.  But shifting from one WCO to another, not anything radical.

Well the point would still remain about other offenses completely changing and getting instant results like those teams I mentioned. Now am I saying I know quite precisely what the language and systems are no but I can guarantee you that they are all not the same as it was previously. So it's still a bs point imo

41 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Well the point would still remain about other offenses completely changing and getting instant results like those teams I mentioned. Now am I saying I know quite precisely what the language and systems are no but I can guarantee you that they are all not the same as it was previously. So it's still a bs point imo

Some QBs struggle changing new systems, too, see Derek Carr, Wilson, Ryan, Wentz.    And as was posted here Arians talked about even Brady wasn't at his best because he was learning a new system.

As for Daniel Jones, they let him loose as a runner.   As Jay actually said in a recent podcast, having a QB run can mask other issues in a good way.   Also, again if its the same terminology and similar basic system concept wise its not the same adjustment versus a whole new terminology and concepts.  I recall Fitz in an interview talk about adjusting to systems as he went on but this system was a bit of a bigger shift because it was terminology-numbers he hasn't worked with in over 15 years or something like that.

I don't think ex-coaches, its not just Jay, are bsing that it takes time.  It seems intuitive to me, at my job, I am better at things I've done a whole bunch of times then the stuff i've not done as much.

So many teams run a form of WCO, I don't think nearly as many run the Air-Coryell system but i don't know that for sure, am too lazy to look it up now. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I have defended Ron more than most.  

When I heard them double-down on the "run twice for every pass" stuff on Monday, I was out.

That's 1950's @TradeTheBeal! kind of thinking that I just can't get behind. :P

We're going to have to live with it for 2023, but I am now just waiting for what I hope is an entirely new philosophy in early 2024.  

They still might win some games next year, though.  They're too good to be really bad.  

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have defended Ron more than most.  

When I heard them double-down on the "run twice for every pass" stuff on Monday, I was out.

That's 1950's @TradeTheBeal! kind of thinking that I just can't get behind. :P

We're going to have to live with it for 2023, but I am now just waiting for what I hope is an entirely new philosophy in early 2024.  

They still might win some games next year, though.  They're too good to be really bad.  

Shut your mouth, fancy boy!  It’s all OKLAHOMA DRILLS until Labor Day for you and the rest of your show ponies.

I HAVE SPOKEN

• Haha 5

I don't think Rivera actually wants to adopt that style. Remember he traded for Wentz and drafted a WR in the 1st last year. He knows we need to be able to throw the ball effectively to be successful.

But there is a good chance we're gonna have to rely on a 5th rounder with one game of experience in 2023. So the best strategy might be to be run heavy while he gets comfortable.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

In reality, poor to mediocre coaching has become an institution there ever Since Richie Pettibon. Snyder just continued the suck

10 wins is peak Dan.  

Gibbs, a legend, below average here.

Marty went 8-8, and then went to SD and ultimately wins 12 and 14 games in different seasons.

Shanny topped 10 wins 5 different times before he got here

Even Norv left here to win 11 and 13 in different seasons.

Kyle Shanny was trashed when he was here by some, now lauded as a genius by some and already won 13 games twice

O'Connell leaves, first season as a head coach 13 wins.  Some see Kirk as a loser, also 13 wins.

The winning seems to happen a lot more when these dudes aren't here.  Dan brings out everyone's worst.  

Somehow when you mix in:

A.  The owner interferring with personel, especially QB and screwing it up big time

B.  In some cases enabiling star players versus their coaches

C.  Ruling the building with fear

D.  For most of the tenure, being too cheap to improve the playing field, contributing to player injuries

E.  Crap facilities, everything 2nd class

F.  Making the franchise the Siberia of destination spots for FAs

G.  No true homefield advantage

Good coaches end up mediocre.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Football isn't that difficult. Coaches like to say it is to prop up their own egos. These guys have months every off season to learn this stuff. It’s a cop out excuse for bad playing/coaching.

I’m gonna have to disagree with this. There’s like 15 people in the whole world who can competently engineer an NFL offense at the QB position.