Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

This team has sucked. 

the entire time

and I bought into plenty of fools gold along the way too

hell I was a season ticket holder* for almost the entirety of the snyder era 

But the reality is we were never good, we never had a chance, and the only ones that thought we did during any particular season was us, the fans. Cause we wanted to believe. Desperately we wanted to be right 

this team is and has been laughingstock. 

you want to know why no one really ever picks us in the media (in the grand scheme of things) ? Because any time someone went out on a limb and did, they wound up looking like an idiot. They don’t pick us because it’s not worth looking like an idiot for thinking we’re any good. 

after acquiring wentz the odds makers DOWNGRADED our over/under win total. 

get your heads out of your butts ;)

* the first ten years they were technically in my grandfathers name but I was going to the games and just let them go 3 years ago cause I couldn’t find ANYONE to go with me anymore and wasn’t going by myself 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

JP Finlay just did a quick ambush interview with Snyder about having two accounting books.

I hate to say it but it looks like he may have an air tight explanation for this.

Snyder: "We have two sets of books because we have to dummy things down for people like you that aren't capable of understanding the difficult abstract mathematical concepts that we use. Here's  an example of the math we use to make all financial decisions. (hands him the document below)"

image.png.b4fdcaa59d1fa334f575628efd9a4d13.png

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

JP Finlay just did a quick ambush interview with Snyder about having two accounting books.

I hate to say it but it looks like he may have an air tight explanation for this.

Snyder: "We have two sets of books because we have to dummy things down for people like you that aren't capable of understanding the difficult abstract mathematical concepts that we use. Here's  an example of the math we use to make all financial decisions. (hands him the document below)"

image.png.b4fdcaa59d1fa334f575628efd9a4d13.png

This is hilarious coming from this brainless moron. He can't spell mathematics.  Once again he lets the world know how much of an idiot he is. 

HTTR!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

This is hilarious coming from this brainless moron. He can't spell mathematics.  Once again he lets the world know how much of an idiot he is. 

HTTR!

Please tell me you know it’s not real. 

im like 99% sure you know that. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

its time for Julie Donaldson to jump ship.  Julie you can go to Team 980 radio.  On Monday there will be an opening with Travis going to Boston tv market.

Team 980 discussing right now the latest story about the second book or slush fund allegations.  Could it be Allen who leaked this information or a former partner

of The Danny?  Only a select few of people would have knowledge of this situation.

Travis is leaving? I didn’t care for his show, the only 980 show I get part

of is the drive home show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Well you’re wrong. 

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-records-from-2000-2020-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-green-bay-packers-pittsburgh-steelers-baltimore-ravens/

since you couldn’t be bothered to do a 15 second Google search, I’ll leave it to you to figure out I’d the 2021 and 2022 seasons changes the fact that you’re wrong. 

of course I already know the answer cause, again, it takes 15 seconds to figure it out. 

I remember having this discussion a few years ago.  You'd be surprised how many people think we've been middle of the pack under Snyder until you actually show them the numbers like that contained in the link above.

It kind of blows the whole "Snyder is no better or no worse" narrative out of the water. The numbers speak for themselves. Under his stewardship, this team has been terrible.

And it would be one thing if the guy himself came across as decent. But he doesn't, and by now the stories of the scumminess of this organization speak for themselves.

The Skins lost to the Bucs in the playoffs following the 1999 season, Snyder's first as owner. My mom and stepdad had reservations at a Philadelphia restaurant that night, and when the maitre d came to check on them, my stepdad alluded that my mom was upset because her football team had lost. The maitre d says "The Redskins? Ma'am, I have nothing against your team, but I would like for their owner to never set foot in this restaurant again"

Yup.

• Like 4

When I first heard the story, I wondered how a committee investigating workplace sexual harassment would get to cooking the books.

Chad Ryan seems to think it could be a Bruce Allen leak to Congress.

Could be. However, the first thing that came to mind for me was whether there was commingling of funds between Snyder and the team. Yes, he owns it, but it's not like he can use it as his personal piggy bank. Doing that would be a good reason to keep "two sets of books". It's also the kind of thing that might come out in an investigation into sexual harassment payoffs.

It's also naive to think that Jason Wright has complete knowledge or control over this franchise. Snyder's never going to trust anyone to that extent. Cute to think that "things are different now", though.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"There’s no lack of people who have had a falling out with Snyder over the last nearly 23 years."

Yeah, if Snyder was "eliminated" in an Agatha Christie novel it would be just like tge plot of "Murder on the Orient Express."

Where it becomes less a question of who had a hand in "eliminating" him than one of trying to find someone who wasn't involved.

2 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

HTTR!

😂 

thank you for this

:cheers:

2 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

You're right.  I was wrong.  Barely :) 

Correct :)

ugh we’re arguing over whether we’re the hardened scum at the bottom of the barrel or the gelatinous, but soon to be hardened, scum at the bottom of the barrel

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Texted my dad tonight to ask his thoughts on todays allegations. His response?

”total horse ****. TOTAL”. 

Well then, I guess that settles it. When's he testifying before the congressional committee?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, profusion said:

When I first heard the story, I wondered how a committee investigating workplace sexual harassment would get to cooking the books.

Chad Ryan seems to think it could be a Bruce Allen leak to Congress.

Could be. However, the first thing that came to mind for me was whether there was commingling of funds between Snyder and the team. Yes, he owns it, but it's not like he can use it as his personal piggy bank. Doing that would be a good reason to keep "two sets of books". It's also the kind of thing that might come out in an investigation into sexual harassment payoffs.

It's also naive to think that Jason Wright has complete knowledge or control over this franchise. Snyder's never going to trust anyone to that extent. Cute to think that "things are different now", though.

That dude’s weird unsolicited preemptive defense of Wright gives you an idea of where some of his semi-correct info lately probably comes from.

Also, yes it could be a leak—but it could also be something they found in the gazillion emails they’ve been combing through. Anything they find in those emails could be reason to expand the parameters of the investigation. 

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Texted my dad tonight to ask his thoughts on todays allegations. His response?

”total horse ****. TOTAL”. 

If this was going on at the upper levels of a multi-billion dollar corporation, legal counsel isn’t gonna have a clue about it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Yeah, a few hours later, I'm doubting it's true. If it were, I don't think the government would be sitting on its hands waiting for the media to pump out some "maybe there's something going on" articles before it moved in. I'd love it if it were true, but after dining on several years' worth of nothing-burgers, I think the patty on this one is going to be just as bland as the others.

6 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Yeah, a few hours later, I'm doubting it's true. If it were, I don't think the government would be sitting on its hands waiting for the media to pump out some "maybe there's something going on" articles before it moved in. I'd love it if it were true, but after dining on several years' worth of nothing-burgers, I think the patty on this one is going to be just as bland as the others.

"The government" isn't a monolithic entity, in this context. Congress is not especially well-positioned to investigate corporate fraud. Unless they refer the matter to the DOJ, this won't go that far. The difference from before is that sexual harassment isn't criminal; accounting fraud is. Not much DOJ could do about the apparent hostile work environment in Ashburn, but they'd probably be a little more interested in corporate fraud.

Whether it's true or not, I also doubt this will be the cause of the Dan-mageddon. One can hope, though.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, profusion said:

"The government" isn't a monolithic entity, in this context. Congress is not especially well-positioned to investigate corporate fraud. Unless they refer the matter to the DOJ, this won't go that far. The difference from before is that sexual harassment isn't criminal; accounting fraud is. Not much DOJ could do about the apparent hostile work environment in Ashburn, but they'd probably be a little more interested in corporate fraud.

Whether it's true or not, I also doubt this will be the cause of the Dan-mageddon. One can hope, though.

If there actually were strong evidence of fraud, I'd expect Congress to send what they find to the DOJ and not broadcast to the world "we might maybe possibly have something". Perhaps I'm inexperienced in the ways of the government, but I figure if there were enough to bring charges, we'd be hearing about charges being filed instead of the song and dance we're getting now. Congressional hearings are for dragging people through the mud and making their lives miserable. I'm all for making Dan miserable, but using your phrase that I really like now, I'm kind of Dan-mageddon-ed out.

“This is very alarming to me as an outsider and I would assume it’s very alarming to Daniel Snyder as the one who would be the ultimate focus,” opened, Florio.

“It always seems to be something with this organization,” echoed Simmons. Simmons then referenced Ron Rivera’s quote that the only way to fix the Commanders being a big target is to start winning. Simmons declared he doesn’t think that will be the case as long as Snyder continues to be the owner of the franchise.

Florio then admittedly was speculating when he offered, “I can’t help but wonder whether or not this is being instigated by somebody within the broader power structure that has decided it is time for this guy to go.” He continued that Snyder is never going anywhere without a fight, so someone now feels the only way to proceed is, “to give him a bigger fight to deal with than us. We get the Feds after him, that will be the ultimate distraction and that will be the ultimate way to get him out of here, out of our hair once and for all.”

Simmons said this reminded him of Jon Gruden, in how someone had access to those emails by Gruden, leaked them to the media with the intent of Gruden being pressured out of his job as Las Vegas Raiders head coach.  Simmons made the associative link because the Gruden emails were brought to light by someone associated with the investigation into the workplace culture of the Washington franchise.

“Bruce Allen may know some things that he is sharing,” added Florio. “There is a theory out there that the Gruden emails were leaked not by the league but by Snyder as retaliation in general because he is p_____ with the world and because it makes Bruce Allen look bad, it makes Jon Gruden look bad, because he got sidelined for X number of months from running his football team.”

Florio also proposed it would be “a very tight universe of people” who would know whether or not there are financial improprieties within the Commanders’ organization.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1