Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I received this letter via Megan Imbert, one of the women that came forward in the latest Washington Post story and allegations about Dan Snyder and the Washington Football Team workplace. 

The letter below is from the group and designed to appeal to other former employees to come forward. 

An open letter to our former Washington Football Team co-workers:

We are writing this letter not as representatives of any law firm or legal body, but as a group of your former WFT co-workers and friends in pursuit of one thing: the truth. Recent weeks have seen a continued outpouring of stories that paint a picture of the WFT that many of us who worked there were already well aware of: a toxic culture of brazen and institutionalized disrespect, misogyny, sexual harassment and worse that has gone unchecked for more than two decades under the ownership of Dan Snyder.

Recent evidence of clandestine cheerleader outtakes videos — complete with unintended nudity and allegedly ordered for the grotesque amusement of top executives and the owner himself — has exposed even greater depths of depravity within the Snyder-led organization.

We know there are those of you out there who can help bring to light the truth about these videos, including who ultimately ordered their creation. We also know that a mixture of fear, shame and embarrassment may well be preventing you from coming forward. While we can never condone the decision to take part in the making of these videos, we understand that it’s not always easy to make the right choices when you feel your job is on the line, when you feel pressure not just from a boss but from the weight of an entire organizational culture that seems to offer no support for dissent and few off-ramps from an endless highway of bad options.

We are offering you that off-ramp now, no matter where you ranked in the organization’s hierarchy. Even if you took part in the creation of these videos, even if you’ve already provided false statements, we implore you to find your courage, recalibrate your moral compass, and share what you know. Share the truth.

If you did help create those videos, think about how little the person behind that order must have thought of you, your reputation and a hard-earned skill set you took pride in to have put you in such a morally bankrupt position. Yes, you had a choice, and yes, you chose poorly. You made a mistake. But you still have a chance to make amends for that mistake.

Please understand: The videos exist, and they are in the hands of people who are ready to pursue civil and potentially criminal investigations into who created them and — most importantly — who ordered their creation. Willingly or unwillingly, the truth will come out. Telling the truth now might bring short-term discomfort, but the consequences of continued lies and/or the withholding of information — especially when the truth is revealed in a court of law — will be far-reaching and lifelong.

Some of you may have children — even daughters — of your own. Consider this irony: You worked for a man who didn’t want you to look him in the eye. Are you comfortable with the very real possibility that you may no longer be able to look your own children in the eyes, knowing that you’ve either lied or withheld information about this exploitation and abuse of other daughters? Is that a burden you want to carry? 

A legacy you want to leave behind? You might have been part of the problem, but there’s still time to be part of the solution. There’s still time to find forgiveness and reclaim respect while demonstrating the strength it takes to admit a mistake, own it and make amends for it. That time, however, is finite.

If you’re ready to stake your claim on the right side of history, we implore you to reach out to the Wilkinson Walsh law firm, which is currently conducting an independent investigation into the WFT on behalf of the NFL. They will speak with you in confidence, they will listen and they will respect your privacy. On Monday, Snyder agreed to release people from any NDA for purpose of speaking to the investigators at Wilkinson Walsh. 

You owe it first and foremost to the women and their families who’ve been negatively affected by these videos to do the right thing. But you also owe it to the people who love and admire you (which may include us). You also owe it to yourself. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/burgundy-and-gold-forever-plus/

•  
Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Recent evidence of clandestine cheerleader outtakes videos — complete with unintended nudity and allegedly ordered for the grotesque amusement of top executives and the owner himself — has exposed even greater depths of depravity within the Snyder-led organization.

We know there are those of you out there who can help bring to light the truth about these videos, including who ultimately ordered their creation. We also know that a mixture of fear, shame and embarrassment may well be preventing you from coming forward. While we can never condone the decision to take part in the making of these videos, we understand that it’s not always easy to make the right choices when you feel your job is on the line, when you feel pressure not just from a boss but from the weight of an entire organizational culture that seems to offer no support for dissent and few off-ramps from an endless highway of bad options.

We are offering you that off-ramp now, no matter where you ranked in the organization’s hierarchy. Even if you took part in the creation of these videos, even if you’ve already provided false statements, we implore you to find your courage, recalibrate your moral compass, and share what you know. Share the truth.

If you did help create those videos, think about how little the person behind that order must have thought of you, your reputation and a hard-earned skill set you took pride in to have put you in such a morally bankrupt position. Yes, you had a choice, and yes, you chose poorly. You made a mistake. But you still have a chance to make amends for that mistake.

Please understand: The videos exist, and they are in the hands of people who are ready to pursue civil and potentially criminal investigations into who created them and — most importantly — who ordered their creation. Willingly or unwillingly, the truth will come out. Telling the truth now might bring short-term discomfort, but the consequences of continued lies and/or the withholding of information — especially when the truth is revealed in a court of law — will be far-reaching and lifelong.

Some of you may have children — even daughters — of your own. Consider this irony: You worked for a man who didn’t want you to look him in the eye. Are you comfortable with the very real possibility that you may no longer be able to look your own children in the eyes, knowing that you’ve either lied or withheld information about this exploitation and abuse of other daughters? Is that a burden you want to carry? 

A legacy you want to leave behind? You might have been part of the problem, but there’s still time to be part of the solution. There’s still time to find forgiveness and reclaim respect while demonstrating the strength it takes to admit a mistake, own it and make amends for it. That time, however, is finite.

If you’re ready to stake your claim on the right side of history, we implore you to reach out to the Wilkinson Walsh law firm, which is currently conducting an independent investigation into the WFT on behalf of the NFL. They will speak with you in confidence, they will listen and they will respect your privacy. On Monday, Snyder agreed to release people from any NDA for purpose of speaking to the investigators at Wilkinson Walsh. 

You owe it first and foremost to the women and their families who’ve been negatively affected by these videos to do the right thing. But you also owe it to the people who love and admire you (which may include us). You also owe it to yourself. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/burgundy-and-gold-forever-plus/

•  

Wow! That letter is pretty brutal and obviously aimed at some specific people. Maybe the ones quoted in the Post initially who denied it? Or Larry himself? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was sorry I missed it, but then I saw this. I really don't need to listen to Wilbon for anything. They may as well have had John Feinstein--as equally arrogant and completely out of touch with DC Sports.

The Wilbon thing could've been done by anyone, really. It was just a very accurate summation of the last 21 years of suck on the field. I actually thought it was well done. 

As far as the rest of the show, it was disappointing. Thought for sure they'd have expanded interviews with the women, but instead it was just what they already showed plus a bunch of useless talking heads babbling on way too long. 

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I received this letter via Megan Imbert, one of the women that came forward in the latest Washington Post story and allegations about Dan Snyder and the Washington Football Team workplace.

Megan Imbert was the one who responded to me and another guy on twitter...it was weird because we weren't mentioning her name and it was not part of a larger lengthy thread that was getting a lot of attention. I think it was only like 4 posts long when she responded and couldn't figure out how she even found our convo, nonetheless thought to respond to our rather bland tweets lol...maybe she was carpetbombing twitter with the same post to anyone who was talking about the ESPN segment to make sure everyone watched, or possibly (doubtful) one of the tweets included her handle?

Edited by Califan007
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Wow! That letter is pretty brutal and obviously aimed at some specific people. Maybe the ones quoted in the Post initially who denied it? Or Larry himself? 

Definitely sounds like the part in bold is the aim...doubt it's Larry since he would have to admit to a lot of disgusting actions on his part.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

Just a reminder to set your DVRs to record ESPN2 from 5 to 6 pm today. The show is officially listed as “Franchise in Crisis: The Washington Football Team.” 

[quote] 

On Sunday, Franchise In Crisis: The Washington Football Team, a one-hour OTL on SportsCenter special (5 p.m., ESPN2), will include the (cheer leader) interviews as well as other segments about the team, including:

Michael ****ing Wilbon???

Glad I didn't watch the piece. 

Michael ****ing Wilbon has no knowledge about how the WFT works... he ceased knowing anything about them when he stopped being a reporter.

He probably just regurgitated his inner prejudice. 

A despicable man. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

Michael ****ing Wilbon???

Glad I didn't watch the piece. 

Michael ****ing Wilbon has no knowledge about how the WFT works... he ceased knowing anything about them when he stopped being a reporter.

He probably just regurgitated his inner prejudice. 

A despicable man. 

I will never forgive Wilbon for rushing to judgement the day we learned Sean Taylor had passed. 

IIRC he was on Sportscenter that day suggesting that Sean’s “lifestyle” led to his demise. 

When it became public knowledge later in the week that Sean was  a hero who died defending his wife from intruders I didn’t hear a peep out of Wilbon.

Definitely despicable.

• Thanks 3

I can't speak for wilbon, nor do I care for what he has to say.  He's useless and always has been.  His vitriol towards the Redskins has been well documented. 

But I will say,  the more information that comes available,  the more likely Snyder will have no recourse other than to sell. At that point,  we win .

• Like 1

What I like about where this is going is all the push at the others owners here.  Banks is clearly no dummy.    They are aiming this in the right spots.   Directing this as to Dan needs to go and putting the other owners on the spot at the same time.

I got little doubt that the owners are fearful of setting a precedent that could backfire on them at some juncture.  But at the same time, I gather they'd much prefer to do that in the shadows.  So shining the spotlight on the other owners might have some value.

Forgot which media person said it but someone said Richardson was pushed out behind the scenes in spite of having a lot of friends with fellow owners.  Dan doesn't have many friends among owners.  The other thing is Dan might be the only owner in the NFL where I'd guess at least 95% of the team's fan base despise him.    So from a pure PR stand point, Dan has some unique disadvantages. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I guarantee you there are similar harassment stories at every NFL franchise (if not most companies). A drunk rich guy in power told a beautiful woman she should party with his friend? Crappy behavior, but not exactly shocking. The pearl clutching about these WAPo stories feels dishonest. 

Snyder should be forced to sell the team because he has run a great franchise into the ground. But making it about sexual harassment... Hell, it could actually save him if it comes to an owners vote.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

I guarantee you there are similar harassment stories at every NFL franchise (if not most companies). A drunk rich guy in power told a beautiful woman she should party with his friend? Crappy behavior, but not exactly shocking. The pearl clutching about these WAPo stories feels dishonest. 

Snyder should be forced to sell the team because he has run a great franchise into the ground. But making it about sexual harassment... Hell, it could actually save him if it comes to an owners vote.

Maybe but one of the angles of the story according to the WP reporters in some of the interviews was that some of those same women ended up at other franchises and found it night and day different.  They thought it might be just an NFL culture thing but discovered it was really a Redskins Park thing.  I don't know how many women said such but some of them did. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

... some of those same women ended up at other franchises and found it night and day different.  They thought it might be just an NFL culture thing but discovered it was really a Redskins Park thing. 

no doubt there were victims ...   

... but multiple victims were able to find/fill employment vacancies ... across country ... (unless Baltimore) ... with other NFL franchises?

not defending pos Snyder ... but at least come up with a better story.

Edited by 09

I’m watching this “franchise in crisis” thing.  And we’re 15 minutes on and there hasn’t been a mention that all of the main players which contributed to the toxic culture, save Snyder, changed this year. 

You’d think SOMEONE would mention that, at least as a passing thought.  But not yet. 

I feel bad for Ron. He’s trying to move forward but this stuff just isn’t going to end. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 09 said:

no doubt there were victims ...   

... but multiple victims were able to find/fill employment vacancies ... across country ... (unless Baltimore) ... with other NFL franchises?

not defending pos Snyder ... but at least come up with a better story.

Why not, if they already had NFL office experience?? Makes no sense to be skeptical of that, happens in every industry.

• Like 2

Ok, I give up.  Kevin Blackistone and Jason Reid are proclaiming keeping the color scheme is going to cause fights in the stands between fans.

I knew I shouldn’t have bothered.  This is an agenda driven piece of schlock. 

I get it, they want to pound on Snyder.  And whatever, I’m not going to complain about that.

But they’re presenting it as “reporting” when it’s completely one sided piling on.

Shame on you Jeremy Schaap.  You used to be better.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 09 said:

because at least hundreds of real world candidates ... local and internal ...  would take precedent.

...why? You’re just speculating with no info. You don’t even know what positions  these were or how much previous NFL experience would be valued. It’s not far-fetched at all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

...why? You’re just speculating with no info. You don’t even know what positions  these were or how much previous NFL experience would be valued. It’s not far-fetched at all. 

were they high level and visible general managers ... or scouting?   position coaches?

or  dieticians?  trainers? marketing?  media types?  human resources? administrative? 

all roles that could easily be filled internally/locally?  

but they instead needed cross country relocated Redskin employees because of their “NFL” experience?

extremely far fetched.

40 minutes ago, 09 said:

were they high level and visible general managers ... or scouting?   position coaches?

or  dieticians?  trainers? marketing?  media types?  human resources? administrative? 

all roles that could easily be filled internally/locally?  

but they instead needed cross country relocated Redskin employees because of their “NFL” experience?

extremely far fetched.

This is an extremely odd thing to latch onto among all this info. It really is. It is not far fetched in the LEAST that a few of these now 50+ (and counting) women found jobs with other NFL franchises after leaving WAS. It’s not unbelievable at all. Previous experience makes you more hire-worthy within the same field, generally. Putting it in quotations as you did as if to mock that it might be desirable that someone has already worked in a similar job is laughable on your part. Think about what you’re saying.

Again, a few of the multitude of dozens of women later found similar work with other teams—and you find that “extremely” unlikely for some reason. Are you from somewhere where the majority of people never move a certain radius around their hometown, for work or any other reason? I have known countless people hired cross-country, it isn’t a problem in 2020 and not odd at all really. In fact other than ease of in-person interviewing, nowadays I don’t think a local applicant really has much of a leg up on those who are game to relocate at all, depending on the job and industry.  

8 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Stuck watching Paw Patrol.  Hope it gets some gears moving for him to exit.

Lucky you. Sounds like you won out in this scenario

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless new evidence comes out, all I see is a fine, draft picks taken and possibly suspension.

I don't even see draft picks. Fine and suspension. Mandated sensitivity training. League oversight of Wash HR for a while so they can look like they are doing something

• Like 1