Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just guessing as to that question.  But maybe its because Snyder is according to some very litigious.  According to some who cover the story and know some of the NFL owners, they think that the owners are likewise intimidated by how litigious Dan can be.  They suspect if the owners push him out they'd try to back door it for that reason -- whatever that means?

Being in a businesses where I've seen plenty of lawsuits especially from rich people and I was even a part of one of them -- one way wealthy people can wield power is to throw a lot of money into litigation.  When you got money, you can try to wear the other person down in litigation.  You basically bleed the other where they can no longer afford to pay legal fees so they back off. 

One common tactic (which I've seen first hand) is to have your attorney purposely drag a legal case slowly, to jack up legal fees to eventually wear the other one down financially.  As to how that would pertain here?  Not sure.  But one common tactic is to counter sue the person suing or lets say sue anyone making an accusation or threaten to sue them.  

I wonder what he could sue them for? Or is this more an issue of fearing speaking on the record to the media? My immediate assumption was that they would only speak to investigators, so it wouldn't be issues of libel or slander (whichever) or anything like that. I wonder if the investigation allows for people to be unnamed in reports?

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I wonder what he could sue them for? Or is this more an issue of fearing speaking on the record to the media? My immediate assumption was that they would only speak to investigators, so it wouldn't be issues of libel or slander (whichever) or anything like that. I wonder if the investigation allows for people to be unnamed in reports?

Sue maybe for defamation.  The burden is on the accuser in court.  Also, Dan is a powerful dude who knows a lot of people or I'd presume he does.  If you are a peon worker type some might not want to be seen as someone willing to rattle an employer's cage, etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

I wonder if they fear Snyder could somehow cause trouble at their new jobs, especially if they are still working in the NFL or any sports-related field.

Intimidation, harassing them and their families, really, there are a lot of ways someone with as much money as Snyder (and Tanya) can be shady and generally despicable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Intimidation, harassing them and their families, really, there are a lot of ways someone with as much money as Snyder (and Tanya) can be shady and generally despicable.

Not so sure about that. One thing you can say about Snyder is that he always hires professionals who are respectful and know their boundaries.

In fact I heard a report that a former Redskin employee was recently at a funeral for a close relative. Then she excused herself to go to the rest room and settled down to drop a rather uncomfortably crowning deuce. Then the lady in the next stall politely said, “Excuse me M’am. I’m conducting some background research on behalf of WTF. What can you tell me about the work environment when you were there?”

Not only did the investigator courteously wait until she left the funeral but she waited until she was seated before beginning the interrogation. Quite respectful and professional on both accounts.

When you think of Daniel Snyder you think class.

image.jpeg.a7c301579be3273fcc2208abcdf4c096.jpeg

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 2

Just listened to Mike Jones on a podcast.  Some takeaways from his perspective:

A.  He's heard some of these stories when he was on the beat but the women weren't willing to talk on the record then

B.  Dan was chummy with the people that have been accused of harassment, said he knew they at times were among the mix with Dan's late night drinking sessions 

C.  He suspects more stories to come.  He said he knows its just the tip of the iceberg as to what's out thus far now.

D.  He's poked around with people close with some of the owners/NFL and those sources are very close lipped right now.

E.  He doesn't think its a wild long shot for Dan to be in trouble/jeopardy.  He thinks its possible.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just listened to Mike Jones on a podcast.  Some takeaways from his perspective:

(snip)

D.  He's poked around with people close with some of the owners/NFL and those sources are very close lipped right now.

E.  He doesn't think its a wild long shot for Dan to be in trouble/jeopardy.  He thinks its possible.  

Very intriguing but....

image.gif.6bbedaa32dc72decd378f7408918475f.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

It's going to be awhile before I see "WFT" without thinking "WTF" and I'm not even dyslexic.

You're not wrong.  Your brain automatically corrects words it's familiar with, which is hwat maeks it posisble for you to raed tihs part of hte sentecn without much of a problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

But as all those people take on all those new jobs and responsibilities, it’s worth remembering that the one constant over the past two decades — two absolutely futile, dispiriting decades — is Snyder. I’ve written it before. It can’t be written enough.

Slice the stats however you want, and the evidence against the owner is damning. Here’s one: From 1982 to 1998, only San Francisco, Denver and Miami won more regular season games than Washington, which went an astonishing 16-5 in the playoffs during that span. Since Snyder took over in 1999, only Cleveland, Detroit, Oakland and Jacksonville — the dregs of the league — have lost more regular season games than Washington. Only Detroit, Buffalo and Cleveland have appeared in fewer playoff games than Washington’s seven. It’s sports. You are what your record is, and Snyder’s record is abysmal.

Because of that, full reboots have been attempted before. Joe Gibbs Part II was seen as such. The team of Shanahan and Allen was seen as such. Brian Lafemina, on the business side, was a revelation — and was gone in eight months. None of it worked.

...But in a year in which the football team changed its coach, its president, its radio team and its name, the most significant change is still afoot. Right now, Daniel Snyder still owns the Washington Football Team. If there’s a chance — even a tiny chance — that could change before 2021, then it has to be more important than whether Rivera can coach or Haskins can throw or Young can dominate. The only constants since 1999 have been Snyder and losing, and it’s possible — even with the otherwise complete overhaul of the franchise — that the former must go so the latter can stop.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/09/06/daniel-snyder-future-ownership/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_redskins

• Like 4

Just a reminder to set your DVRs to record ESPN2 from 5 to 6 pm today. The show is officially listed as “Franchise in Crisis: The Washington Football Team.” 

[quote] 

On Sunday, Franchise In Crisis: The Washington Football Team, a one-hour OTL on SportsCenter special (5 p.m., ESPN2), will include the (cheer leader) interviews as well as other segments about the team, including:

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did Jason Wright just adlib his responses in his interview in that video segment?...Because it was damn impressive. Very genuine and sincere in his answers and didn't come off as staged or canned. I'm thankful he's at least with the team now during this time. Can't even imagine Bruce or Doug's stumbling through that with foot-in-mouth soundbites that get ridiculed for months. If Snyder ends up on the outs I hope the new owner(s) decide to keep him on.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 5

Nothing new that hasn't been reported already.  Those hoping Dan will be removed are going to be in for a long wait.  The now NFL's investigation has to come up with damning stuff about Dan himself.   That one cheerleader accusing Dan, it's basically a he said, she said.  Who will the investigators believe.  Well there be enough cuts to force the NFL to remove Dan?  At this moment, I would say no.

Unless new evidence comes out, all I see is a fine, draft picks taken and possibly suspension.  More damning stuff that actually is tied to Dan himself; has to come out for there to be removal.

Edited by Rdskns2000

Mostly a rehash of the WP story and discussion about why Dan is such a bad owner.  I think though it serves a purpose.

Listening to people covering this story (especially when they speculate on this on radio segments) the best shot to get the owners to act on this is relentless bad PR.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4