Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Until there is a tweet from a verified Twitter account with sources saying "24 owners are on board with voting Yes,  Snyder must sell the team". It's just window dessing.

Yeah until you see this happening; then it’s just wishful thinking. 

When you see 24 votes to remove Dan; then you can talk.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Is it normal for these kinds of stories to release on the day of the game, and in this case before a nationally televised game?  Two weeks in a row they drop a story they obviously have been holding onto for some time, right before the team is playing.  It isn't hurting the owner or the front office by doing this since they are all likely very well aware of everything going on behind the scenes.  It's the team itself, the players that this hurts and creates distractions for.   They have 10 days off after this Thursday night game, why not drop it tomorrow or the weekend with all the other NFL news. 

That's what frustrates me. Keim says he wants the team to win because it impacts sales and readers but this kind of stuff doesn't show it. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

That's what frustrates me. Keim says he wants the team to win because it impacts sales and readers but this kind of stuff doesn't show it. 

Stop blaming Keim. He is not on the byline and doesn't have control over the story's release. It is up to the three authors and the ESPN editors to release a story like this

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to one of the reporters who wrote the story who was just on 106.7

Basically her take was this will all play on the stadium

A.  Dan got a major debt waiver (450 million) to buy out the minority owners

B.  He might not get a 2nd major debt waiver that he could use for the stadium because of the other debt waiver he just took

C.  Dan supposedly doesn't have the liquidity to finance the stadium himself and there is so much debt the NFL allows their owners to assume

She went into a little more detail about years back they had a good shot at getting the land around National Harbor but Dan thought he can do better and passed on the chance. The owners are pissed that he blew that considered where he's at now with the stadium. 

That's an interesting nugget. Sad cause people were calling for this year's ago. 

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to one of the reporters who wrote the story who was just on 106.7

Basically her take was this will all play on the stadium

A.  Dan got a major debt waiver (450 million) to buy out the minority owners

B.  He might not get a 2nd major debt waiver that he could use for the stadium because of the other debt waiver he just took

C.  Dan supposedly doesn't have the liquidity to finance the stadium himself and there is so much debt the NFL allows their owners to assume

She went into a little more detail about years back they had a good shot at getting the land around National Harbor but Dan thought he can do better and passed on the chance. The owners are pissed that he blew that considered where he's at now with the stadium. 

I think you are feeling vindicated here on the liquidity point lol

With the shift in the markets, it is also going to become harder to for Snyder to come up with creative ways to take leverage up such as borrowing on his own assets

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Until there is a tweet from a verified Twitter account with sources saying "24 owners are on board with voting Yes,  Snyder must sell the team". It's just window dessing.

This!! 

I refuse to get excited every time some information is made public that makes us fans fantasize about Napoleon selling the team.  I am tired of it.  He is not going anywhere, no chance and no how.  I just want ESPN, FOX, and all networks related to sports to bring it up constantly and maybe that embarreses the league enough to do something. 

However, Im worried that this league could give a crap less, starting with Goodell.  Never forgetting that Goodell works for the owners, the owners are the only ones that can do something about him.  

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED OF BEING EMBARRASSED BY THIS F GUY!!!!!

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t think that was an attack on you—more of a philosophical rhetorical question, commentary on how we all grow up and, if we’re lucky, realize we actually don’t know **** about ****. Realizing we were not only wrong, but entirely backwards on something is an opportunity for a major growth moment for any person, not just you. 

Nah, every single post I make, he tosses out a thumbs down. It’s getting past the point of annoying. Just goes out of his way to attack my posts. Check out the last page of the all things defense thread for examples 

lol the reactions to this post: clear evidence 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m just his punching bag. Sad. Just sad. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

54 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

So much is made up about Snyder its hilarious. He " when feels cornered paces cradling a drink..blah..blah. How absurd, where do they get this stuff. Without knowing the sources it means nothing. Now Snyder wanted and traded for Carson, give me a break. Snyder ruined RG3 career according to Breer, thats rich. RG3 insane dad had nothing to do with it telling Shanny how to run an offense.

He gave complete control to Ron and Ron blew it so now lets go back to the made up inner circle stories that are true because some reporter found someone, someone who may have an ax to grind, says Snyder is pacing around....lol

Hold up, really??

How is it "hilarious" or too big a leap to think that they couldn't have someone formerly in Dan's inner circle (Bruce, even) who has witnessed cornered Snyder many times in the past? Though it's possible it's made up, this sounds extremely plausible to me. It's in line with the hammered Dan jumping on Redskin One with bottle of Crown and flying to Denver to hire Mike Shanahan too. Why wouldn't hammered Dan pace around in his office and scheme up revenge plots also? 

The Wentz thing is also plausible...big swing, overpaid, and suddenly he's commenting in front the gaming commission with "we got ourselves a QB" a couple months later even though he hardly ever speaks these days? 

I'll give you RG3, to an extent. Griffin contributed plenty to his own downfall and was always flawed and egotistical. But Snyder stoked his ego, overdrafted him, and treated him differently than the rest of the players which didn't help. 

Ron pretty much sucks and is overmatched for his job, so I won't disagree with you...but he's in this position because Snyder is forced to hire people who are underqualified and give them more responsibility than they deserve. He sees an Andy Reid or Bill Belichick and has to try to emulate that model with a Ron Rivera. So, even though Ron is failing, the failure is on Dan because he's too weak an owner to command a better employee to take the job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah, shame on Keim for putting truth over money in a way that hurts him.  Cant believe he honestly answered questions when instead he would prefer not to, so Dan-like.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know that I’m guilty of taking the bait with some of these folks.  But I honestly would just avoid the TChaler guy.  There’s literally zero point in entering into any level of serious debate.  

Probably a snyder stooge assigned to the boards. 

I don't buy that Snyder can tie the NFL up in court "for 20 years" like Al Davis. Davis wasn't fighting getting the boot, he was fighting relocating his team and it was the courts that couldn't get themselves together. I honestly don't know what legal defense Snyder could even use if the league does vote to oust him.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know that I’m guilty of taking the bait with some of these folks.  But I honestly would just avoid the TChaler guy.  There’s literally zero point in entering into any level of serious debate.  

Oh, I just felt like addressing the points...but I'm sure you're wiser than I. Good point. 

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't buy that Snyder can tie the NFL up in court "for 20 years" like Al Davis. Davis wasn't fighting getting the boot, he was fighting relocating his team and it was the courts that couldn't get themselves together. I honestly don't know what legal defense Snyder could even use if the league does vote to oust him.

I'm sure there are some levers he could pull...I'd bet you're right that 20 years would be extreme, but he would be able to make it annoying for a while, even if he's not successful in overturning their decision. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, method man said:

Stop blaming Keim. He is not on the byline and doesn't have control over the story's release. It is up to the three authors and the ESPN editors to release a story like this

He's noted as contributor to this report.

And the guy has his own entries within the team, he's well regarded and respected, so I believe he vetoed some stuff to keep his access clean. So he had some control over this story. He's more than likely the one that contacted every team representative to have their input and probably more.

That being said, I'm not gonna blame him on anything for participating in it. I'm rather thankful for doing this.

Sometimes, it hurts to do something, but you have to if you want to keep looking at yourself in the mirror and be proud of you. So that's a big thumbs up from me to Keim.

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I think it's more like him grabbing some other owners with him in its fall than him preventing them to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toe Jam said:

Dan? Is that you?

Maybe Farquaad brought Karl Swanson back.

54 minutes ago, Conn said:

I don’t think that was an attack on you—more of a philosophical rhetorical question, commentary on how we all grow up and, if we’re lucky, realize we actually don’t know **** about ****. Realizing we were not only wrong, but entirely backwards on something is an opportunity for a major growth moment for any person, not just you. 

As someone who has made any number of about faces in my life, I can only say that I resemble that remark. Maintaining sacred cows always ends up costing too much in terms of credibility and peace of mind to keep up. When the best facts you have are showing you're wrong, the smart person changes his/her views.

Edited by The Sisko
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I could see Dan dragging things out in court for years but Dan is also his own worse enemy at times.  He can't help himself its his instinct to push things.  Its who he is... He will screw things up because thats what he does best.  He is going to want to look like the man and want to show others how tough he is.  He is going to release something or do something that will cross the line with the other owners.  They are already on edge with all the negative press and the inability to get a stadium built.  

Dan will do or say something more in the future that will finally end his reign.  He is on thin ice already and I don't think it will take much more for the house to get burned down.  That or he will eventually piss off one to many billionaires and end up on a hit list.

Edited by Idaho fan

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nah, every single post I make, he tosses out a thumbs down. It’s getting past the point of annoying. Just goes out of his way to attack my posts. Check out the last page of the all things defense thread for examples 

lol the reactions to this post: clear evidence 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m just his punching bag. Sad. Just sad. 

well. Don’t be a fun punching bag then. 

• Haha 3

Just now, tshile said:

well. Don’t be a fun punching bag then. 

I’m not. I’ve literally stopped defending “mr Snyder” really since July, and I’ve started being WAYYYY more negative about the team in general. Still hasn’t stopped him from using me as his punching bag. I’m not just going to ignore it either, I’m going to defend myself. I’m not going to let someone walk all over me like that 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I don't buy that Snyder can tie the NFL up in court "for 20 years"

You have to figure in Snyder's somewhat inaccurate sense of time:

2013: "We’ll never change the name. It’s that simple. NEVER — you can use caps.”

2023: Take Command

So "never" is ten years...that makes "20 years" something like "as long as it takes for him to stop crying and come out of the bathroom".  Just an estimate of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m not. I’ve literally stopped defending “mr Snyder” really since July, and I’ve started being WAYYYY more negative about the team in general. Still hasn’t stopped him from using me as his punching bag. I’m not just going to ignore it either, I’m going to defend myself. I’m not going to let someone walk all over me like that 

this is you being a fun punching bag. 

if you don’t like it, my suggestion is to stop. 

stop “defending” yourself. You’re not good at it. 

it’s just my advice. Take it or leave it. Don’t care either way. 

• Haha 1

Just now, tshile said:

this is you being a fun punching bag. 

if you don’t like it, my suggestion is to stop. 

stop “defending” yourself. You’re not good at it. 

it’s just my advice. Take it or leave it. Don’t care either way. 

“Stop” what though? Stop being negative about the team? Everyone is negative about the team, so that can’t possibly be it. Stop attacking dan? Everyone attacks dan, so that can’t be it either. I’m not doing anything wrong here.  

2 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

You have to figure in Snyder's somewhat inaccurate sense of time:

2013: "We’ll never change the name. It’s that simple. NEVER — you can use caps.”

2023: Take Command

So "never" is ten years...that makes "20 years" something like "as long as it takes for him to stop crying and come out of the bathroom".  Just an estimate of course.

Since you stopped by - Snyder acts like someone we see regularly discussed in the tailgate. 

he’s got that whole telegraphing everything by projecting accusations, and just always being the most wrong when he’s being the loudest. 

“this is categorically false” actually means it’s 100% accurate. 

the thing I bet pisses him off the most - is the “inner circle” person dropping info from just a few weeks ago. 😂 I bet that drives him nuts until he can figure out who that was 

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think the only way to show em you mean business is to go and thumb down all of 86snyders posts. 

You can't take this lying down, it's an outrage!

• Haha 5