Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Rg3 records from 2012:

He's an asshat, but like him or not, he definitely deserves to be listed among the team greats...

- Rushed for 815 yards, the most by a rookie quarterback in NFL history (CAM NEWTON, 706 in 2011). He is one of only three quarterbacks since 1970 to reach 800 rushing yards in a single season, joining RANDALL CUNNINGHAM, BOBBY DOUGLASS, and MICHAEL VICK (two times). Griffin (102.4) and RUSSELL WILSON (100) are the only qualifying rookies in NFL history with a 100+ passer rating. His 158.3 single-game passer rating in Week 11 is the highest among rookie quarterbacks (min. 15 attempts) in league annals, surpassing BEN ROETHLISBERGER's 158.0 passer rating on December 5, 2004. He is the first player in NFL history with at least four 60+ yard touchdown passes and a 60+ yard rushing touchdown in a season. Became the only rookie in NFL history with back-to-back four touchdown pass games (Week 11 and 12). Threw for 320 yards on Kickoff Weekend, joining ANDREW LUCK (309), PEYTON MANNING (302) and Newton (422) as only rookies to throw for at least 300 yards on Kickoff Weekend. He is the only player in NFL history to pass for at least 300 yards and two touchdowns without throwing an interception in his NFL debut. Completed an 88-yard touchdown pass in the first quarter of his NFL debut for his first career TD, tied with ED RUBBERT (1987) for the second-longest touchdown pass in a player's NFL debut (NEIL O'DONNELL, 89 yards, 1991). In Week 6, he joined Vick (December 1, 2002) as the only quarterbacks to rush for at least 130 yards and two touchdowns in a game since 1970.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/4/3835192/list-of-records-the-2012-redskins-broke

1529572105_XQh0iYZxSSWjGeXMmPjo_ConfusedLarryDavid.gif.37baef08e9913cca1606f53199d272c9.gif

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, woodpecker said:

The misspelling of the names does show staggering incompetence on the part of Jason Wright—which is exactly what I would expect from a Snyder handpicked hire.

Nah that kind of stuff dates prior to Jason Wright (who was forced onto Snyder by the NFL anyway).

EFMdzaYXYAAQL_J?format=jpg&name=small

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

I was arguing against the dude who said you need 3 or more years to be in the list. Doug deserves to be on the list. If he deserves it then you can argue about RG3 as well.

Well then, I missed that important caveat, so I apologize for butting in uninformed and retract my post.

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I would not put Arrington on the list. 

But he was voted on last time around, so he's in.  

I'm still super bitter since before he was cut. Famous for being famous instead of the disappointment he was. And the team supports it.

And (grumble grumble grumble grumble) that time that he (grumble grumble grumble) and don't get me started on (get off my grumble).

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see even some fans being Dan-ish, wanting the top 90 to be about who they liked the most rather than who are the actual 90 best players to play for this team.

Just because you didn’t like a player, the player left on bad terms, etc. doesn’t mean they weren’t one of the best 90 to play for the team.

I don't see that. Williams was basically "FOH not having him a guaranteed lock" when he was left off the ballot.  The others are just debates of what qualifies as "best player" for this group. Stats? Wins? Rings? HOF? "That feeling" moments?

Operational definition more than anything else.

Edited by NewCliche21

should be a really interesting season.  some here think that Dan will finally have his 11 victory season.  Whereas Vegas and draft geeks among others expect a below average season.

I am definitely closer to the optimistic bent.  But I wonder what Dan does if this season goes off the rails in a rebranding year?

I would say most of the Top 90 should but players who had a decent run here and were impactful.

Though you can include one season wonders or even one game wonders.

Joe,Doug,Mark should be included because they QB our SuperBowl winners.

RG3 gave us only one good year but 2012 probably goes down as the most exciting and fun year, in the entire Snyder ****show era.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

should be a really interesting season.  some here think that Dan will finally have his 11 victory season.  Whereas Vegas and draft geeks among others expect a below average season.

I am definitely closer to the optimistic bent.  But I wonder what Dan does if this season goes off the rails in a rebranding year

There’s too many questions on this team  that need to be answered in the affirmative; for me to expect anything more than 9/10 wins and possible 6th/7th playoff seed and quick exit.

If Carson just plays like he did last year, that should get us 9 wins. Whether that is enough for playoffs, depends how the nfc and nfc east goes. Remember, the last 2 playoff appearances only happened because the nfc east collapsed. Think 2012 was the last time we really took the east , instead of waiting for the division to collapse.

If Carson is a bust; that should be Ron’s head. Ron is staking his future with Carson. He should not be allowed to return in 23, if we have to looking for qb. Get a new team in here.

If the team has a losing season, why should Ron return? 

Everyone knows the next guy will be a failure and likely a short tenured coach. Dan would take control back. Then Dan will give control to someone else. Rinse and repeat.

Just because the next guy will be a failed bum; doesn’t shield Ron from accountability. If Ron fails to have winning season, that should be it. I don’t know too many coaches start with 3 straight losing seasons and survive, even with the first losing year yielded playoffs.

One guy who played here during the Norv era who seems to having been overlooked for inclusion on the "Greatest" list is Henry Ellard. Granted, he spent much of his career with the Rams, but did have three 1,000 yard receiving seasons here. Much more deserving than a lot of the people who are being considered for this iteration, as well as Lavar.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There’s too many questions on this team  that need to be answered in the affirmative; for me to expect anything more than 9/10 wins and possible 6th/7th playoff seed and quick exit.

If Carson just plays like he did last year, that should get us 9 wins. Whether that is enough for playoffs, depends how the nfc and nfc east goes. Remember, the last 2 playoff appearances only happened because the nfc east collapsed. Think 2012 was the last time we really took the east , instead of waiting for the division to collapse.

If Carson is a bust; that should be Ron’s head. Ron is staking his future with Carson. He should not be allowed to return in 23, if we have to looking for qb. Get a new team in here.

If the team has a losing season, why should Ron return? 

Everyone knows the next guy will be a failure and likely a short tenured coach. Dan would take control back. Then Dan will give control to someone else. Rinse and repeat.

Just because the next guy will be a failed bum; doesn’t shield Ron from accountability. If Ron fails to have winning season, that should be it. I don’t know too many coaches start with 3 straight losing seasons and survive, even with the first losing year yielded playoffs.

Ron inherited a 3-13 team.  Quickly elevated them from bad to so so, I don't think that's a death blow, where no coach can survive that type of thing.

Part of me wants to see it happen though purely from a mayhem standpoint, lets sink this team deeper into the sinkhole and maybe if the misery hits even deeper heights maybe the douche would finally sell.   

if Dan cans Rivera who is one of the more connected and likeable coaches in the NFL -- good luck getting any big name or hot up and comer coach.  We'd likely have either a retread that no one else is coveting, say someone like Herm Edwards or name that really obscure coordinator, ala a Jim Zorn type.  My guess would be Del Rio.   As Sheehan likes to say, Dan outkicked his coverage when he landed Rivera.  He's a bigger name than Dan deserves.  I doubt Rivera would have taken the job if everything that ensued him coming here happened before he arrived. 

Getting rid of Ron would take off the veneer of the team having class -- and push the team deeper into irrelevancy IMO -- likely new depths of low -- and it would be interesting to see how Dan reacts just like watching a car wreck unfold.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

based on some of the guys on the list, I'm surprised Garcon and DeSean aren't on the list.

Garcon would probably make my top 25 list.

I think my top 5 receivers would be (not in order)

Santana Moss

Art Monk

Terry McLaurin

Pierre Garcon

I'd have to think a lot more for #5. But these 4 pop up immediately in my head. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Santana Moss

Art Monk

Terry McLaurin

Pierre Garcon

Gary Clark

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Gary Clark

Maybe. I don't love Clark like many. If I were doing a 90-man he'd be there, probably higher for sure. I like him, respect him and thought he was awesome. But if we're talking favorites I'm not sure. But he'd be in contention for spot 5 at least.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Santana Moss

Art Monk

Terry McLaurin

Pierre Garcon

Marko Mitchell, Darnarien McCants,

Anthony Mix.

An embarrassment of riches.

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Santana Moss

Art Monk

Terry McLaurin

Pierre Garcon

Charley Taylor should also immediately come to mind I would think unless there is a time frame requirement I did not see. I went back several pages but did not see one - just said 90 greatest. I would place him second behind only Art Monk. Terry McLaurin could very well end up better than both but not right now. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Charley Taylor should also immediately come to mind I would think unless there is a time frame requirement I did not see. I went back several pages but did not see one - just said 90 greatest. I would place him second behind only Art Monk. Terry McLaurin could very well end up better than both but not right now. 

"my top 5 receivers" is the key to my post.

Charley Taylor isn't one of mine. In Redskin/WFT/Commander history? Yeah. He'd for sure be top 90 before McLaurin. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Santana Moss

Art Monk

Terry McLaurin

Pierre Garcon

I think Charlie Taylor would be a slam dunk. He’s second in franchise history in both yards and receptions.  And leads the franchise with 79 TDs. Monk is second with 65.

Clark is third in yards and 4th in receptions. Santana is his opposite twin, 3rd in receptions and 4th in yards.

my personal opinion, Monk, Clark, Taylor and Moss are Mt. Rushmore.  And those 4 are currently lapping the field.  

McLaurin can get there by the end of his contract.  He currently has 3,000 yards.  Even if you adjust for crap QB play, he’s still not there yet. Currently, Sanders would be my 5th, based on career numbers and winning.  But he could be bumped by McLaurin in 2-3 years.  I think he needs at least 5500 yards and 35 TDs to bumo Sanders.  Which he could have in ~2 years.

To get onto Mt. Rushmore, he’s got to get to 8,000 yards minimum, and 50+ TDs.  

I’m betting he gets there.  But I can’t put him in the top 4 or 5 until he actually does it.  Too many good players ahead of him.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

When I wrote my version of Jason Wright's non-existent apology for this mess, I didn't even know how bad it really was. One or two typos could be forgiven, but the number of errors in this is just stunning...almost makes one think that someone in the organization is sabotaging their efforts, although the more likely explanation is that Wright is just incompetent:

16 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

When I wrote my version of Jason Wright's non-existent apology for this mess, I didn't even know how bad it really was. One or two typos could be forgiven, but the number of errors in this is just stunning...almost makes one think that someone in the organization is sabotaging their efforts, although the more likely explanation is that Wright is just incompetent:

What other errors are there besides the two misspellings? I’m not noticing any others. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What other errors are there besides the two misspellings? I’m not noticing any others. 

Looks like my post didn't show the entire thread. Here's a rundown, starting with the most obvious:

Omission of Trent Williams

Misspelled Joe Lavender

Misspelled LaVern Torgeson

Used 1937 photo for Sammy Baugh's last game on Dec. 14th, 1952

Wrong tenure for Doug Williams (1986-1986)

Basic math error, 70+80 is not 80

Billy Kilmer shown in Saints uniform

Wrong tenure for Sammy Baugh (1957-1964)

Picture of Wilber Marshall is backwards

Wrong tenure for Joe Gibbs (1981-92 correct, but left out 04-07)

Wrong tenure for Hugh Taylor (1974-85)

Wrong position for Richie Petitbon (Head Coach 1981-92)

Picture of Doug Williams is backwards

Wrong tenure for Alfred Morris

Wrong spelling for Mark Murphy

Wrong tenure for Torgeson

Wrong HoF dates for four players

Wrong tenure and draft dates for Mark Rypien

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Looks like my post didn't show the entire thread. Here's a rundown, starting with the most obvious:

Omission of Trent Williams

Misspelled Joe Lavender

Misspelled LaVern Torgeson

Used 1937 photo for Sammy Baugh's last game on Dec. 14th, 1952

Wrong tenure for Doug Williams (1986-1986)

Basic math error, 70+80 is not 80

Billy Kilmer shown in Saints uniform

Wrong tenure for Sammy Baugh (1957-1964)

Picture of Wilber Marshall is backwards

Wrong tenure for Joe Gibbs (1981-92 correct, but left out 04-07)

Wrong tenure for Hugh Taylor (1974-85)

Wrong position for Richie Petitbon (Head Coach 1981-92)

Picture of Doug Williams is backwards

Wrong tenure for Alfred Morris

Wrong spelling for Mark Murphy

Wrong tenure for Torgeson

Wrong HoF dates for four players

Wrong tenure and draft dates for Mark Rypien

Hmm. I guess they changed some of these since you posted that, cause Doug Williams tenure says 1986-1989 now, instead of 1986-1986, and petibon now says head coach instead of whatever it said before (not sure what it said before) 

murphy still looks to be wrong though, same with Gibbs tenure missing the 04-07 years. 

Morris‘s years are still wrong, not sure how they screwed that up. 

as for 70+80, where did you see that? What I saw is 70 greatest was created i 2002, then 10 more in 2012 to make 80 (for the 80th anniversary), but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place? 

The one thing I don’t agree should be counted as an error is the Sammy Baugh 1937 photo. I didn’t see a last game photo, just a photo that looks like it’s from some photoshoot or something. Was it supposed to be a final game photo?

@ Jason Wright, if you’re reading this, I’ll gladly take a position being the history guy, gathering all the correct info for stuff like this, for $500 an hour!! :D 

EDIT:  looks like everything has been corrected now, but yeah they shouldve had it correct the first time

Edited by Cooleyfan1993