Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Jason was caught in an explicit lie about the Sean Taylor retirement ceremony and he doubled down on his lies. There is no coming back from that. At least Bruce qualified his words and gave himself an out usually.

Jason is a complete fraud. He is very likeable, charismatic and speaks well during interviews using buzzwords and phrases that make him look very intelligent. However, the dude is over his head and there is no substance.

Bruce was 1000 times better on the business side. Bruce was connected with all the NFL as well as politicians. Being best friends with Pash at NFL HQ is a big deal. The leaked emails show how connected he actually was. That’s what you need to have clout with these group of oligarch owners not an outsider who spent 5 years in consulting. 

Edited by SoCalSkins

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I wholly agree with you that Wright is in a no-win situation. However, he has his own missteps. "We didn't realize how important Sean Taylor was..." after that fiasco was the line that got me. Only an idiot would say that--even Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles fans KNOW what Taylor means. How many safeties have we head say they model their play after Taylor? That was an incredibly stupid and ignorant statement.

The team name (which was picked by Snyder--no one can convince me otherwise. I guarantee Snyder wanted Commanders and that was that.) was also an insulting dog and pony show. The organization--which Wright is a part of--still treats this fanbase like we're gullible idiots.

Can't argue any of this. It feels like he's in over his head. And while creating a better workplace is important. Getting to what should be expected as normal shouldn't get a parade. We know the Sean Taylor thing was slapped together mostly last minute, and it showed. The naming process. The Uniform trainwreck. It's still bad. Not sure why they expect fans to believe different. 

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I hate Dan Snyder, but I don't blame the other 31 for that from a self-preservation standpoint. The financial angle is measurable and provable. It's not emotional or something you can fudge too easily. 

"Look Dan...you cost us $X over Y years and we're sick of it and can do better." 

I think that is less uncomfortable than:

"Look Dan...we don't like what we're hearing with how you treat your employees."

The slope isn't as slippery for them. 

Yep, exactly.

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason was caught in an explicit lie about the Sean Taylor retirement ceremony and he doubled down on his lies. There is no coming back from that. At least Bruce qualified his words and gave himself an out usually.

Jason is a complete fraud. He is very likeable, charismatic and speaks well during interviews using buzzwords and phrases that make him look very intelligent. However, the dude is over his head and there is no substance.

Bruce was 1000 times better on the business side. Bruce was connected with all the NFL as well as politicians. Being best friends with Pash at NFL HQ is a big deal. The leaked emails show how connected he actually was. That’s what you need to have clout with these group of oligarch owners not an outsider who spent 5 years in consulting. 

I get that you hate Jason and all, but pretending Bruce was a positive in any way isn’t the way to make the case against Jason.

Bruce’s connections only helped him to stick around and collect checks for a decade.  Just because he rode daddy’s name and shmoozed himself into a very lucrative career, doesn’t mean he was actually good at his job.

I can think of literally zero net positives that he contributed to the organization or fanbase.  The only good that can possibly come of his time here would be him spilling the beans directly or indirectly that leads to Dan being removed.  For that, I’d take back all the negative things I ever had to say about him and see it as the most important action ever taken to help this fanbase.  Even though he’d only be doing it in spite of Dan and not for the greater good.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Conn said:

These thoughts don’t fit together at all. The fact that you don’t see the correlation is ****ing astounding. You are not seeing the wins you want to see or the trophies you want to see be hoisted BECAUSE of the Snyder ownership you don’t care about. And you never will. 

This feels like a post from 2009. Makes me sick to read it. 

Sure they do if you accept the guy probably is not going to be forced out.  Until I see or hear something that indicates there is real movement on making him sell the team, he is the owner.  Once you accept he is the owner, the law of averages dictates we will eventually have a break through season at some point.  Maybe even a stretch of great seasons.  

Maybe starting this season?  

16 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jason is a McKinsey type...people who speak well but can't back it up. I'm always surprised how people fall for others who just happen to be good at public speaking and mistake that skill for real leadership ability.

• Like 3

So Dan Snyder was upset about the terms of a deal he did with the Lerner's real estate business to acquire land for parking.  So he asked an assistant to show him the Lerner's suite at FedEx Field on an off day.  Snyder had the assistant pour milk into the carpet under the Lerner's seats so it would spoil and the whole suite would smell like sour milk when the Lerner family attended on gameday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Sure they do if you accept the guy probably is not going to be forced out.  Until I see or hear something that indicates there is real movement on making him sell the team, he is the owner.  Once you accept he is the owner, the law of averages dictates we will eventually have a break through season at some point.  Maybe even a stretch of great seasons.  

For the law of averages to apply in a closed system like the NFL, we have to assume that every franchise has the same baseline “average” potential performance to begin with. I would not make that assumption when dealing with someone as incompetent and self-defeating as Snyder. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So Dan Snyder was upset about the terms of a deal he did with the Lerner's real estate business to acquire land for parking.  So he asked an assistant to show him the Lerner's suite at FedEx Field on an off day.  Snyder had the assistant pour milk into the carpet under the Lerner's seats so it would spoil and the whole suite would smell like sour milk when the Lerner family attended on gameday.

Sweet merciful Jesus can we please be done with this little **** already?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NickyJ said:

What exactly has Jason Wright done for the team? Jason got hired in August of 2020, in the middle of what would have been the preseason and 8 months after Ron was hired. I may be forgetting the order in which team staff was laid off, but the only significant FO member that I recall hanging around through Ron's house cleaning was Kyle Smith. Did Jason actually fire anyone?

Jason has no purview over the football operations.  He is entirely business side. 

Jason has entirely turned over just about everything else in the building, including the stadium operations, ticket office, sales, media, marketing, etc.  We wouldn't hear about a lot of that because it's behind the scenes stuff, but they've overhauled the entire organization from top to bottom.  

I think something which is lost on a lot of fans is just how many people outside of the football operations it takes to run a team.  It's a billion dollar business, and there are a lot of other folks involved that you never hear/see.  

From what we've heard, Jason has done a really good job fumigating and getting the stench of Bruce Allen out of the building.  Remember, Bruce had both the football and non-football ops under his control.  They split the job, Ron got football, Jason got non-football.  

And by most accounts, it's a pretty good organization to work for now.  I'm sure Dan is a pain in the ass, but he's probably mostly a pain in the ass to Jason and Ron, and less so to everybody else, because he's not around very much. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Commander PK said:

Once you accept he is the owner, the law of averages dictates we will eventually have a break through season at some point.  Maybe even a stretch of great seasons.  

It seems like you don't really understand what the law of averages means. If you roll dice or flip coins, OK.

Comparing that to this doesn't work. It's more comparable to buying yourself into Nascar, driving the car yourself and expecting to win one eventually because of the law of averages somehow is going to even the playing field. 

He's already failed for 23 years. Only team to never win 11 games in all of those years. Yet you require more evidence? :hitfan:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It seems like you don't really understand what the law of averages means. If you roll dice or flip coins, OK.

Comparing that to this doesn't work. It's more comparable to buying yourself into Nascar, driving the car yourself and expecting to win one eventually because of the law of averages somehow is going to even the playing field. 

He's already failed for 23 years. Only team to never win 11 games in all of those years. Yet you require more evidence? :hitfan:

This isn’t about “evidence”. It’s about HOPE. Which people are allowed to have.  It’s what keeps me around. And I HOPE to one day be celebrating a super bowl. Will that hope lead to anything? Can’t say, because I’m not psychic. Chances are, no. But I hope it does. And that’s perfectly fine :) 

19 hours ago, Conn said:

Damn, is this the takeaway? ****

If I’m staying optimistic, would hope the Mary Jo White report reveals new and devastating info.

My takeaways from yesterday are that Dan will ignore the subpoena, Roger did his part and won’t indulge them further, the Wilkinson report isn’t going to see daylight, and the committee can’t compel them to do anything at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This isn’t about “evidence”. It’s about HOPE. Which people are allowed to have.  It’s what keeps me around. And I HOPE to one day be celebrating a super bowl. Will that hope lead to anything? Can’t say, because I’m not psychic. Chances are, no. But I hope it does. And that’s perfectly fine :) 

The person he quoted cited the Law of Averages, which means it is not just about blind hope. That’s what he’s really addressing in that post. Of course you’re allowed to have hope, for a lot of people that’s been burnt out of them, but hope is the heart of fanhood—ideally. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get that you hate Jason and all, but pretending Bruce was a positive in any way isn’t the way to make the case against Jason.

Bruce’s connections only helped him to stick around and collect checks for a decade.  Just because he rode daddy’s name and shmoozed himself into a very lucrative career, doesn’t mean he was actually good at his job.

I can think of literally zero net positives that he contributed to the organization or fanbase.  The only good that can possibly come of his time here would be him spilling the beans directly or indirectly that leads to Dan being removed.  For that, I’d take back all the negative things I ever had to say about him and see it as the most important action ever taken to help this fanbase.  Even though he’d only be doing it in spite of Dan and not for the greater good.

I'm fine if he'd do it to spite Dan and not for the greater good.  The "enemy of my enemy is my friend", etc, etc.

But I'm with you on the main point, Bruce wasn't a positive in any way, shape or form.  

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Jason is a McKinsey type...people who speak well but can't back it up. I'm always surprised how people fall for others who just happen to be good at public speaking and mistake that skill for real leadership ability.

I'm not surprised about people who are attractive and speak well.  Yes, he can't back it up.  But that's how a lot of people can get by in life.  Some, like Jason, are hollow and don't bring anything to the table.  Others have the looks, wardrobe, communication skills but they also have the substance and know how to deliver.  

It's not always the best person who gets the job in the interview process.  It's often-times the candidate who is the best at interviewing.  I'm sure Jason was always the best at interviewing, not actually delivering.  He's not delivered anything here, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

It's just another story about Dan being a ****rocket.  I said it before, unless there's hard evidence of Dan committing some huge financial fraud, sexual assault or saying some next level Donald Sterling type ****, it's going to be death by 1,000 papercuts.  But if this is the type of stuff they're looking at, it's going to be be death by 1,000,000 papercuts.  

Demanding that someone pours milk into the carpet under the Lerner's seats doesn't make you unfit to be an owner, it just makes you an asshole.  That woman who sits around on twitter all day hating on Snyder, Megan Imbert, tweeted an anecdote about someone being kicked off Snyder's yacht and having to fly home by himself.

If being an asshole is an offense that can get you stripped of your NFL ownership, Dan Snyder would have been kicked out of the league years ago.  Don't get me wrong, I like the "look at this ****ing asshole, Dan Snyder..." stories as much as anyone else.  But again, just because he's a juvenile asshole doesn't mean he's unfit to own an NFL team.  

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nobody said there is hope…..who said there is? 

37 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

?

Having hope as a fan vs the hope for the team actually resulting in anything are two different things, in my mind. Anyone can have hope, it’s a matter of will it lead to anything. 

like I said, chances aren’t great under the current ownership, everyone is in agreement. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993