Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Even if he showed up, he could just plead the 5th Amendment for every question.

"Is your name Daniel Snyder?"

"On advice of my counsel, I plead the 5th amendment to that question."

But what a lame excuse by his lawyer...can't be rescheduled? EVERYTHING can be rescheduled, except perhaps your own moment of death. 😂

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

But what a lame excuse by his lawyer...can't be rescheduled? EVERYTHING can be rescheduled, except perhaps your own moment of death. 😂

The biggest use of this committee is to increase public pressure on the owners to just ditch him, eventually. So this would be such bad optics (the “I plead the 5th” show) that it would still help us, ultimately. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

For a while I had some hope that this could be the end for Snyder, but we're never going to get rid of him are we? He's like the herpes simplex virus, once you've had a cold sore, you've got it for life.

There is no cure!

Herpes simplex? That's way too nice.

This mother****er is the 3rd stage of syphilis.  

HTTR!

2 minutes ago, Coopskin44 said:

It’s amazing how this country is falling apart but those idiot’s in congress put all there attention to this moron.And that moron unfortunately is going nowhere.

Be careful,  my man. Don't bring politics in here. The reaper is lurking. 😟

HTTR!

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

For a while I had some hope that this could be the end for Snyder, but we're never going to get rid of him are we? He's like the herpes simplex virus, once you've had a cold sore, you've got it for life.

There is no cure!

Agreed, he’s not going to be forced out or leave. He thinks someone is “out to get him” and he is a victim. He wants to prove those people wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You know what. 653 pages in & I'm done with handing out temp bans to idjits that continue to be unable to keep the political comments out of here. From here on out, if you don't care, I don't either. Anyone that can't stop their self gets to become a magic trick. :) 

joker they're GIF by Pixel Bandits

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

Since the government is changing hands on 1/3/23; Dan is just stalling until this investigation goes bye bye in January.

Roger will be evasive when he testifies; biding time until January.

Dan will be the owner forever. When he dies in say 2052; there will nothing of value left to leave his kids.  Washington could become the first nfl franchise to fold since the early days of the nfl. The nfl would replace Washington by expanding somewhere and getting that expansion fee. Can you image what they could charge now, for a new team? 

Folding Washington and then replace it with an expansion team in a new city; could happen.

18 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Washington could become the first nfl franchise to fold since the early days of the nfl.

No way that happens. Profit sharing n whatnot makes that practically impossible. Detroit might be in worse shape attendance wise and I seriously doubt they or any other current nfl franchise  just outright folds.

@Jumbo  :) 

There I was completely Modding, out of posts and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I mobile post from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares about the Rules
So I might as well begin to put some Ban Hammers down
You know what it's called
Thinning the herd, thinning the herd!

Rock Out Beavis And Butthead GIF

• Haha 6

Never forget, Goodell is a great evil, and he sells himself for very large sums of money to protect the greater evils.

I think the committee is using the appearance of giving Dan as many options as possible as extra ammo to later force a subpoena.  Because if they gave him every option and he declined they can then say they had no choice.  Of course Dan would be a fool to agree to testify as the moment he enters that room he looses even more than he usually does.  But they are backing him into a corner.  Then maybe they will subpoena him and he will refuse to answer any questions and the humiliation of the NFL and Snyder will continue.  He just doesnt have a good option as Goodell is way more of a smooth talker, and because what hes done in the past has made it impossible for him.  

Does the committee wield a banhammer better than TK?  Probably not, but they can always delightfully prove us wrong.

20 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I think it would be more:

"Counter to the advice of everyone who knows better, I trade a fifth for an answer to that question:

• Haha 3

Count me among those rolling eyes at Dan Snyder’s attorney’s contention that a scheduling conflict, as well as the weird idea that testifying virtually would prevent his lawyers from being present, is keeping him from appearing before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

Here’s what a committee spokesperson told ESPN on Monday: "If Mr. Snyder was truly committed to cooperating with the Committee's investigation, he would have accepted the Committee's invitation to testify about the Commanders' toxic workplace culture. As the Chairwoman's letter made clear, the Committee has been more than accommodating—even allowing Mr. Snyder to testify remotely from France. His refusal to testify sends an unmistakable signal that Mr. Snyder has something to hide and is afraid of coming clean to the American public and addressing major worker protection concerns facing the NFL. The Committee will not be deterred in its investigation to uncover the truth of workplace misconduct at the Washington Commanders.”

It’s way past time to call Snyder what he’s been the last two years—completely gutless.

As the once proud franchise he bought over 20 years ago has been disgraced over the last two years, Snyder has been totally invisible, refusing to publicly address the nickname change, the allegations of a toxic workplace culture, the accusations made against him personally, or anything else that’s happened. I can’t imagine there’s an owner in sports that’s done more to damage his team’s brand (though I guess the Knicks’ Dolan family might be in the running) than Snyder has since 1999. His lack of accountability makes it even worse.

Along those lines, I’ll be fascinated to see how Roger Goodell handles this in his own testimony.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, TK said:

@Jumbo  :) 

There I was completely Modding, out of posts and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I mobile post from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares about the Rules
So I might as well begin to put some Ban Hammers down
You know what it's called

Rock Out Beavis And Butthead GIF

loki-dark.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm envisioning Mark McGuire and the MLB steroid hearings 20 years ago. Goodell is going to give a bunch of word-salad non-answers.

I hope it's more like Rafael Palmeiro. Pointing fingers and lots of angry denial. That was far more entertaining. 🤣

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

listening to a PFF guy on the radio talk about the East. 

Overall, I can't recall a team crowned like the Eagles are by the national media based on the off season alone.  Feels like they think its comical to even think we can compete with them.  Division to them is just about over with the Eagles having it locked but Dallas has a fighting chance to dethrone them.

Some hyperbole to make a point on my end but it feels almost like the Eagles are coming off a SB and already showed they are the best team in the NFL so anyone thinking otherwise is off.  Best off season on paper of all time for the Eagles?  🙄  The irony is the last time I recall the Eagles crowned based on a perceived killer off season was their "dream team" that blew up on them.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1