Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

None of this will help with anything except make Ron’s job harder.

it’s all about the stadium money.  And that did has already been cast, we just need to see where it lands. 

If the fan base is NOT attending the games, and is, in fact protesting ownership, how does this not wreck any stadium loans?

As far as Ron's job, I support him, but he may be gone at the whim of Daniel the Commoder tomorrow.  Getting rid of the festering boil of ownership is the way to make Ron's job easier.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KillBill26 said:

I would take back to back 0-17 years if it meant Snyder was gone.  Maybe one or two more.  Legitimate hope and excitement are gone.

Would give us Caleb Williams and a new owner? Sign me up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wtf how long does it take for these owners to vote?

According to the article they're already counting votes behind closed doors.They will probably wait for news concerning the pending investigation about the revenue-sharing improprieties. They must also find a way to oust him avoiding ripple effects. This is wishful thinking though, I do not expect any move any time soon. I like the fact that a couple of owners decided to make it public even under anonymity, and I hope it won't die on the vine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

The Champ Baily deal was orchestrated by Joe Gibbs as he was the VP and GM and HC of the team at the time.  Joe Gibbs was not GM material.  He was the greatest HC this organization ever had and until one comes along better than Coach Gibbs he always will be. Bobby Beathard was his GM and there will never be a better GM for this organization thank BB.  They both together built this team to win.  

Gibbs wasn't a hot GM I agree.  But as Gibbs explained they made decisions by committee back then, him, Vinny and Dan, wtih Gibbs having final say. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wtf how long does it take for these owners to vote?

This is why I hesitate to believe that article, as much as I want to. I have a hard time believing that it’s going to take more than a few days for owners to vote on whether or not to kick Dan out. I mean, Christ rose from the dead in less time. 

I do believe something’s afoot. I’m just not sure what it is. 

Not sure what you are waiting for. There wouldn't be an actual vote until there's an owners meeting (if ever). And before then it will be PR moves and trying to sway people one way or another. But that takes time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Gibbs wasn't a hot GM I agree.  But as Gibbs explained they made decisions by committee back then, him, Vinny and Dan, wtih Gibbs having final say. 

Champ was gone due to wifey.  He cheated on her (allegedly) with a CSN reporter and his wife demanded him leave DC.  Bash the trade itself, but their hands were tied.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I recall, there were also rumors of an infidelity and Champ's wife demanding they leave town to get a new beginning. I think Champ had to go.

32 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not sure what you are waiting for. There wouldn't be an actual vote until there's an owners meeting (if ever). And before then it will be PR moves and trying to sway people one way or another. But that takes time.

Right, and this is a lot like Congress. Sometimes, you don't hold a vote until you know you have the result you want. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

As I recall, there were also rumors of an infidelity and Champ's wife demanding they leave town to get a new beginning. I think Champ had to go.

Heard similar stories but he was a young pro bowl CB, so its not like he had no value.  Portis straight up for Champ is a great deal for Denver but they had to throw in a 2nd rounder too to sweeten the deal?

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

TJ Duckett!

yep for a third and 4th no less.  They gave the same amount for Brandon Lloyd.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heard similar stories but he was a young pro bowl safety, so its not like he had no value.  Portis straight up for Champ is a great deal for Denver but they had to throw in a 2nd rounder too to sweeten the deal?

yep for a third and 4th no less.  They gave the same amount for Brandon Lloyd.  

Yeah, the second irked me too.

I'll assume the safety bit was morning brain :ols:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jericho said:

I've been waiting for Snyder to not be the owner anymore for over 20 years.  You're not sure what I'm waiting for?

They said they're "counting votes."  That makes it sound like they're, you know, actively voting on this issue.

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Champ was gone due to wifey.  He cheated on her (allegedly) with a CSN reporter and his wife demanded him leave DC.  Bash the trade itself, but their hands were tied.

I'd be curious as to which reporter that was.  Pretty sure that was well before Russini's time.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

The hot  rumor I heard was that Champ was caught in the makeup room with the CSN reporter bent over and  broken down, like an empty shotgun waiting to receive a 12 gauge double ought buck load.

I had not heard that.  Was the reporter KJ?  

I thought I heard she somehow got mixed up with Shawn Springs. And that's why Springs left the team, or something like that.  Maybe it was Champ. But I really thought it was Springs. 

Maybe it was both?  Or different reporters? 

27 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They said they're "counting votes."  That makes it sound like they're, you know, actively voting on this issue.

I don't read it that way, I read it more like the Whip's office.  They're tallying who they've got, who they don't.

I firmly believe 100% of owners not named Dan want Dan out.

However, I think there is a group who want him out now, they've had enough, and I think there's a group that knows it's going to be a massive headache, so they want more cover to minimize the headache.

I don't see Dan having anybody standing on the table advocating for him.  

I see some Billionaires who would prefer to do nothing because it makes their lives easier than to do something and give them an extra thing to worry about. 

When they get enough of the people into the category of "enough is enough, he's gots to go" then they'll actually hold the vote.

No vote like this is taken without already knowing the outcome.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

🤣

So they're basically just waiting for this whole thing to blow over. 

Season 3 Ok GIF by The Simpsons

The article seems more ominous than that. The tweet also isn’t that they are waiting to decide if they will yank the team from Dan but they are waiting for the report to then yank the team. The article quotes an anonymous owner stating they need to create a record first. Seems like they are ready to dump him now they just need to get their ducks in a row. 

44 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't read it that way, I read it more like the Whip's office.  They're tallying who they've got, who they don't.

I firmly believe 100% of owners not named Dan want Dan out.

However, I think there is a group who want him out now, they've had enough, and I think there's a group that knows it's going to be a massive headache, so they want more cover to minimize the headache.

I don't see Dan having anybody standing on the table advocating for him.  

I see some Billionaires who would prefer to do nothing because it makes their lives easier than to do something and give them an extra thing to worry about. 

When they get enough of the people into the category of "enough is enough, he's gots to go" then they'll actually hold the vote.

No vote like this is taken without already knowing the outcome.  

This is a really great post.  I hadn't thought of it that way before in regards to tallying who they have and who they don't.  

• Like 2

A lawyer who knows Dan talked about Dan on 980 this morning on Sheehan's show

As for why Dan won't sell, he said the same thing others have said about Dan which is Dan strongly believes one day he will be hoisting a SB trophy and when that happens others will say they are wrong about him and fans come around.  So he's been riding that dream and is sticking with it. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Burgold said:

There's a part of me that thinks that all the controversies won't undo Snyder, but the owners will look at the failure to get a stadium deal and that will do it. After all, if cities or counties stop paying for the stadium and that golden egg disappears... that's costing every owner a billion dollars. 

How on Earth did Snyder screw up owning an NFL team so badly that he can't get a stadium deal?

It should be the moral failings. It should be the harassment. It should be the double books and fraud. It should be abuse of the fans. It should be any number of serious missteps that go beyond winning and losing

But, Snyder's been trying to get a new stadium deal for ten years and hasn't pulled it off. If other cities follow the example of the DMV, and they could because stadium deals are getting less and less popular locally, every single owner in the NFL not to mention every other pro sports owner will get screwed.

He screwed up owning an NFL team in a top-10 media market so badly that he can't get a stadium deal and can't keep a beer sponsor! 

• Thanks 1