Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Does it really matter? Does it change what a complete POS he is and an embarrassment to humanity? I could care less at this point if he never touches the football operations again. He is low life piece of trash that needs to be taken out (figuratively and only as owner of the team, not suggesting any violence). 

Honest question, not trying to be a jerk: Would it change your mind about him? If not, then to me it's irrelevant. But that's just me. 

Actually yes, it does matter to me. 

Because I want the team to win.  What I would prefer not to do is think about the owner.  Like, ever.  If he was just over there writing checks, saying and doing nothing, that would be totally fine with me.

Does it change who he is?  No.  Does it change my opinion of him?  Nope.  Not at all.

However, would it give the team on the field a better chance to be competitive?  Yeah, I think so.  

I guess my stance is this, and has been this for a while now:  

1. Dan is a piece of trash person. 

2. Dan is a horrible manager.

3. Dan is not going anywhere.

4. Dan has previously meddled in things he knows nothing about with absolute horrendous results.

5. At least 28 of the other owners are as big pieces of trash as Dan, but we don't hear about it because they hold their water and don't screw up their football teams and pick fights with the media they are sure to lose.  

I don't think 1, 2 or 3 is going to change.  So he's here, he's going to remain trash, and he's going to remain a terrible manager. 

4 can change.  If he wants it to.  Which could lead to a better, more competitive team IF the right people are entrusted to do their jobs.  

Since I'm always going to be a fan, it's in my DNA as much as my skin color, and given I don't think he's going anywhere, what I would like is for him to shut up and let Ron do his job, and see what happens without any interference. 

And I will support Ron, Martin, Marty, the coaches and the players, and root for their success.  Because I want the team I root for to win.

The Caveat is, if my some Christmas miracle, he is either ousted or decides he wants to sell the team, I would throw a ****ing party and invite everybody and make ribs and drink bourbon until it came out my ears.  I would LOVE to see him gone.  I just don't think it is going to happen.  So I've come to terms with it, and my consolation prize is the hope he just says nothing, does nothing, and let's Ron work.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Caveat is, if my some Christmas miracle, he is either ousted or decides he wants to sell the team, I would throw a ****ing party and invite everybody and make ribs and drink bourbon until it came out my ears.  I would LOVE to see him gone.  I just don't think it is going to happen.  So I've come to terms with it, and my consolation prize is the hope he just says nothing, does nothing, and let's Ron work.  

Ribs at VoR's house is reason enough for all of us to step up to the plate and buy the team. Surely we can cobble together $5 billion......

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

No coach was going to be hired without giving Dwayne a shot. Interference in a way but more of a condition of employment.

But what does a shot mean?  And I think any coach coming into that situation would give Haskins a shot regardless.  He hadn't shown to be a complete bust yet, he had done some good things in some tough situations.  

I think the "shot" was going to actually be during the off-season.  The problem was, the off season was canceled due to COVID.  So "the shot" became training camp and the regular season.  

If any coach came in and said, after 2019, "I can pass judgement on Dwayne Haskins" and either said "he can be a long time starter" or "he's a complete bust" then that coach had no idea what the hell they were talking about.  It was WAY too soon, and Dwayne was the victim of WAY too much being ignored and bad coaching to pass any final judgement after 6-8 total games, with his level of talent. 

My guess is ANY coach would say, "sure, he's got talent, he was in a bad situation, he's here, we can't really get rid of him, so yeah, we'll give it a go and see what happens." 

Why wouldn't they? They weren't going to release him, they weren't going to draft Tua, and they probably couldn't trade him for anything really valuable.  So, why not at least give it a shot?  I don't even think Dan would have to ask for that, it just makes sense.  

Not saying he didn't ask for it.  I'm just saying, in this case, what he was asking for also was the thing that made the most amount of sense. That might just be a happy coincidence. In fact, it probably WAS a happy coincidence.  

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Ribs at VoR's house is reason enough for all of us to step up to the plate and buy the team. Surely we can cobble together $5 billion......

I'd go buy a ***ing super-sized smoker and do it in the parking lot at FedEx.  

3-2-1 ribs.  They're really good, too.  

Dan is apparently cash poor right now after buying out the minority owners. His plan was to sell to new minority owners, but shocker, no one wants to be in business with him!

So just think about that for a second. Somehow Dan has become even more terrible. Before he could at least sign players. Now don't be surprised when we let Terry walk (team already has said Payne is gone) because the league's worst owner is no longer liquid enough to fund guaranteed contracts. 

I hope the NFL saw this coming and let him buy out the minority owners because they knew Dan would eventually be forced to sell. But hope and this team don't go hand and hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Hooper said:

His plan was to sell to new minority owners, but shocker, no one wants to be in business with him!

What person is going to give up 100 plus mill to let dan snyder control its growth rate?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Dan is apparently cash poor right now after buying out the minority owners. His plan was to sell to new minority owners, but shocker, no one wants to be in business with him!

So just think about that for a second. Somehow Dan has become even more terrible. Before he could at least sign players. Now don't be surprised when we let Terry walk (team already has said Payne is gone) because the league's worst owner is no longer liquid enough to fund guaranteed contracts. 

I hope the NFL saw this coming and let him buy out the minority owners because they knew Dan would eventually be forced to sell. But hope and this team don't go hand and hand.

If this is true, which I think it is he will probably have to sell. No one is putting a stadium up with this guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually yes, it does matter to me. 

Because I want the team to win.  What I would prefer not to do is think about the owner.  Like, ever.  If he was just over there writing checks, saying and doing nothing, that would be totally fine with me.

Does it change who he is?  No.  Does it change my opinion of him?  Nope.  Not at all.

However, would it give the team on the field a better chance to be competitive?  Yeah, I think so.  

I guess my stance is this, and has been this for a while now:  

1. Dan is a piece of trash person. 

2. Dan is a horrible manager.

3. Dan is not going anywhere.

4. Dan has previously meddled in things he knows nothing about with absolute horrendous results.

5. At least 28 of the other owners are as big pieces of trash as Dan, but we don't hear about it because they hold their water and don't screw up their football teams and pick fights with the media they are sure to lose.  

I don't think 1, 2 or 3 is going to change.  So he's here, he's going to remain trash, and he's going to remain a terrible manager. 

4 can change.  If he wants it to.  Which could lead to a better, more competitive team IF the right people are entrusted to do their jobs.  

Since I'm always going to be a fan, it's in my DNA as much as my skin color, and given I don't think he's going anywhere, what I would like is for him to shut up and let Ron do his job, and see what happens without any interference. 

And I will support Ron, Martin, Marty, the coaches and the players, and root for their success.  Because I want the team I root for to win.

I want the team to win too. So I get the if he is not interfering then we have a better chance. But I am NOT Ok with him just being there forever. He represents the team and the city. And the reality is interference or not his association with the team will make it harder and harder to build a winner. Is it impossible? No. But it's very hard. 

#5 is just not true. If they were the same douche as Dan they would be saying the same **** and picking the same fights and displaying the same arrogance. BTW, if you use 28 as the number because that's what it takes to remove him, it's the other way around. Well first the number is 24 (75%). So it's actually 9 that have to be scared enough becasue they are the same to never remove him, not 24. Maybe you dig enough to find a few more, although to say they are just as bad has to include the off the field **** and the on field ****.

We know some of the stuff so the number's not zero so I get that. Irsay the drug addict, Kraft and his human trafficking, Jerruh and his sexual assault issues. But it still would take some proof they are as bad both on and off the field to be in contention. Kraft is at least a decent owner for players and really so is Jerruh despite having off the field issues. Irsay tries but his drug induced ignorance gets in his way too much. So maybe, just maybe Irsay is jsut as bad. But still you would need to show me proof they are the same. If there are just as trashy as Dan there is bound to be proof.

You can't prove a negative so let's stay away from the "well you prove they are not."  If there is proof the other guys are just as bad, even just 2 of them with real facts like with dan I would be surprised. Would not change my mind about Dan - nor does it with you so I get that. But I am very much convinced Dan is the biggest POS owner in all of sports, period. Only hard data would change my mind. 

Last but not least, I will be glad to take you up on your ribs and bourbon!!  I believe there are enough degenerates on this board (including myself) that we could throw an epic getting rid of Dan party!! :cheers:

• Like 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/10/congressman-probing-commanders-cancels-fundraiser-over-ethics-question-00031230

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-Ill.) has been investigating the Washington Commanders from his perch as chair of a House oversight subcommittee. He’s also raising money for his reelection.

Those two facts collided on Monday.

Krishnamoorthi abruptly canceled a fundraiser scheduled for Tuesday night after POLITICO approached his office with questions about the event. The issue: whether it was inappropriate for a pair of lobbyists, Mike Manatos and Tom Manatos, to explicitly invite donors to the event to discuss with the congressman the probe of the football team and its owner, Dan Snyder.

Linking pleas for campaign dollars to specific legislative actions is a no-no, and Krishnamoorthi’s camp quickly acknowledged as much.

“The Congressman is grateful that his efforts to stand up to some of the most powerful interests in Washington, from Big Tobacco to organizations like the Commanders, has generated enthusiasm from the public and some of his supporters,” a spokesperson for his campaign said in a statement. “However, we did not authorize any correspondence or outreach conducted for this general meet and greet event for Raja’s re-election campaign.”

“Out of an abundance of caution,” the statement added, “this event has been canceled.”

The brothers Manatos grew up in Washington and are longtime adversaries of Snyder. In mid-April, they sent an email to friends inviting them to the fundraiser, along with this message: “The one person in Washington who may have found a path to getting rid of Snyder [as the team’s owner] is my good friend and Chairman of the House Oversight Subcommittee, Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi.”

“Tom and I hope you can join us on May 10 as a small group of us meets with Raja to discuss his efforts,” Mike Manatos wrote in the email, later adding: “Attached is an invitation with the details.”

They also mentioned how the congressman had sent a 20-page letter to the Federal Trade Commission accusing the team of engaging in “a troubling, long-running, and potentially unlawful pattern of financial conduct that victimized thousands of team fans and the National Football League (NFL).”

After POLITICO asked Krishnamoorthi for comment on Monday afternoon, he canceled the fundraiser. Mike Manatos, who is president of the lobbying firm Manatos & Manatos, said in a statement that outreach for the event, which was going to include supporters representing various Washington interests, was done entirely on his own and not coordinated with Krishnamoorthi or his staff.

“In the 85 years and 3 generations that my family has been working with the federal government, when we find a Senator or Member who is doing work that we think is in the best interest of our country and our community, we are happy to try to help that policymaker remain in office,” he said. “And the only way that non-constituents can do so is by contributing to and raising funds to help them get re-elected.”

His brother Tom, the head of federal affairs at Block (formerly Square) and the founder of Tom Manatos Jobs, a top political jobs list, five years ago launched the website FireDanSnyder.org, among other efforts targeting the team and its owner. He declined to comment.

A former longtime team employee claimed in March that the team undercounted revenue from tickets (which would have hurt other NFL teams as some profits are shared) and did not give some fans proper refunds. The Commanders strongly denied any financial impropriety, saying in a lengthy letter to the FTC that the employee was not involved in the accounting work at issue.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But what does a shot mean?  And I think any coach coming into that situation would give Haskins a shot regardless.  He hadn't shown to be a complete bust yet, he had done some good things in some tough situations.  

I think the "shot" was going to actually be during the off-season.  The problem was, the off season was canceled due to COVID.  So "the shot" became training camp and the regular season.  

If any coach came in and said, after 2019, "I can pass judgement on Dwayne Haskins" and either said "he can be a long time starter" or "he's a complete bust" then that coach had no idea what the hell they were talking about.  It was WAY too soon, and Dwayne was the victim of WAY too much being ignored and bad coaching to pass any final judgement after 6-8 total games, with his level of talent. 

My guess is ANY coach would say, "sure, he's got talent, he was in a bad situation, he's here, we can't really get rid of him, so yeah, we'll give it a go and see what happens." 

Why wouldn't they? They weren't going to release him, they weren't going to draft Tua, and they probably couldn't trade him for anything really valuable.  So, why not at least give it a shot?  I don't even think Dan would have to ask for that, it just makes sense.  

Not saying he didn't ask for it.  I'm just saying, in this case, what he was asking for also was the thing that made the most amount of sense. That might just be a happy coincidence. In fact, it probably WAS a happy coincidence.  

I know some have a said that if there was a normal offseason; Dwayne wouldn’t have even made it to camp.

By shot, I think Dan would’ve wanted Dwayne to compete for the job. Making it to training camp and preseason. If after that, Dwayne didn’t earn a roster spot; Dan would live with it. He would’ve wanted Dwayne to go through camp/preseason before deciding on moving from him.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:18 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

I know some have a said that if there was a normal offseason; Dwayne wouldn’t have even made it to camp.

By shot, I think Dan would’ve wanted Dwayne to compete for the job. Making it to training camp and preseason. If after that, Dwayne didn’t earn a roster spot; Dan would live with it. He would’ve wanted Dwayne to go through camp/preseason before deciding on moving from him.

Dwayne was going to be on the roster no matter what.  You don’t cut a first round pick before his second training camp.  That’s stupid.  There’s no reason to.

A normal off-season would have allowed Ron to go into training camp knowing Dwayne couldn’t be the starter and so he had to start Kyle Allen or sign somebody else before camp.  

My guess is with a normal off-season, Dwayne and Kyle enter camp tied and there is an actual  competition, and they take it from there.  

And I don’t think Dan would have said boo to whatever Ron wanted to do at that point. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

On 5/9/2022 at 5:02 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dude, there's no way in hell you're gonna have enough money to buy a smoker AND pay $4.99999999999995 billion (after I throw in my $5 towards purchasing the team.)   Be realistic here

15 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's worse than you think if you include all the years after 1942 when they didn't win a playoff game...so 64 out of 80 years😟

Yeah I guess my name should have been GibbsFTW all along. 

• Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Dude is just a richer more annoying version of snyder.

I mean, even if you dislike Musk this is a silly conversation.  It's like comparing apples and supermarkets.  They don't even exist at the same scale.