Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

True, it is just a drop in the ocean...but drops of water can eventually wear down mountains. (Sorry, I thought I was the Buddha there for a second...)

But it IS significant for one reason: AB is pulling out of a deal with the Washington Commanders, not the old we-had-a-toxic-culture-but-we're-really-sorry-and-have-now-fixed-it-by-putting-my-wife-Tanya-in-charge Washington Redskins/WFT. Snyder and his cronies can't repeat the lie that it was done because of their old culture before the re-brand...AB's withdrawal as a sponsor was done in SPITE of the re-brand.

That was not my point. I was going the other way - apparently not very well 🙂  My point was the same as yours, it is significant. May not move the needle for these narcissistic owners but AB breaking with the Commanders is not a small thing and cannot be ignored even by the NFL. 

Edited by goskins10

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

That was not my point. I was going the other way - apparently not very well 🙂  My point was the same as yours, it is significant. May not move the needle for these narcissistic owners but AB breaking with the Commanders is not a small thing and cannot be ignored even by the NFL. 

Agreed. It's sickening that the league continues to profit off of women with their Pink October Breast Cancer promotion, while at the same time looking the other way at toxic misogynistic cultures (WFT/Commanders) and players like Deshaun Watson, who despite having 22 civil cases pending against him was given the largest guaranteed contract in NFL history.

Female employees of the NFL should stage a one-day strike in protest...and see how much gets done around Goodell's office!

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 3/20/2022 at 8:33 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

The lack of responses here to this AB news I think is telling. A month ago we saw a lot more activity in this thread.  This entire story continue to fall off the radar, even here.  

There’s been a war going on. 

it’s the first I’m hearing of it. Just only have so much news perusing time and its been spent on the war 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

The NFL has revenue sharing. It's how all the smaller markets can compete. And Washington used to be a major contributor. So AB backing away from Washington hurts the league. Not as bad as if it was league wide, but it does hurt. And not just monetarily, there is a bigger image issue. 

May still not move the needle in terms of removing Snyder. But it is not insignificant either. 

The NFL doesn't share local revenue.

http://www.thehogsty.com/2020/01/23/nfl-revenue-sharing-101/

>>

National revenue, which is shared across all 32 teams, consists of:

• TV deals with the various networks
  • NFL Ventures:
    • Merchandising; Fanatics is the lead NFL partner on this
  • NFL Enterprise:
    • NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Sunday Ticket
    • Licensing deals, such as “official sponsors of the NFL”
    • Ticket sales (40% of gross)

Local revenue, which goes to the local team, consists of:

• Ticket sales (60% of gross)
  • Concessions and parking, which are split between the team and stadium ownership
  • Corporate sponsorships with the local team<<<

The AB deal would fall under local revenue.  The only way AB would affect the NFL, is if they ended their national deal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The NFL doesn't share local revenue.

http://www.thehogsty.com/2020/01/23/nfl-revenue-sharing-101/

>>

National revenue, which is shared across all 32 teams, consists of:

• TV deals with the various networks
  • NFL Ventures:
    • Merchandising; Fanatics is the lead NFL partner on this
  • NFL Enterprise:
    • NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Sunday Ticket
    • Licensing deals, such as “official sponsors of the NFL”
    • Ticket sales (40% of gross)

Local revenue, which goes to the local team, consists of:

• Ticket sales (60% of gross)
  • Concessions and parking, which are split between the team and stadium ownership
  • Corporate sponsorships with the local team<<<

The AB deal would fall under local revenue.  The only way AB would affect the NFL, is if they ended their national deal.

Fair enough not monetarily but it does hurt the brand. If you want to think AB severing ties has no impact at all then go for it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Fair enough not monetarily but it does hurt the brand. If you want to think AB severing ties has no impact at all then go for it.

It impacts Dan only, in that he loses revenue. For AB to impact the NFL brand; they would have to end sponsorships with other teams and end whatever deal nationally with the nfl. I don’t see that happening; so we disagree. The only brand hurt is Dan’s.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It impacts Dan only, in that he loses revenue. For AB to impact the NFL brand; they would have to end sponsorships with other teams and end whatever deal nationally with the nfl. I don’t see that happening; so we disagree. The only brand hurt is Dan’s.

So it gets reported nationally that AB is dropping Washington because Snyder is POS and all the media outlets get a chance to review all the garbage he has done again but some who didn't; care before are now hearing as major brand is dropping them is suddenly interested. And then the and to over he had a slap on the wrist and they get to bring up congress again, and it only affects Dan? Yu don't think people will start pressuring AB to severe ties? It will most certainly impact the brand. To what degree? That is a fair question. I doubt it's enough to remove Dan. So if that is your only criteria But to say it "only" affects Dan is not realistic. 

Momentum is building folks.

The video below unambiguosly assumes that Anheuser Busch terminated it's relationship with the Commanders because of Snyder's legal troubles.

Also the fan inspired resistance movement to force corporate sponsors to stop doing business with Snyder was reported live on Fox-5 tonight.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Like others have said the league does a lot of revenue sharing. Theres been reports the league is unhappy with the way things have gone in Washington due to the market. And its very much accurate. As of 2011 Washington was 4th most valuable franchise in the entire world. Last year tied for 14th in the world. This year 19th. They are growing year over year but not the way they should be. Washington as a market by itself is 9th in the country. That does not account for Richmond and Norfolk which pushes it to third. The next closest team to the South is 6 hours away. To the West the next closest team is Cincy. So Washington's Nfl fanbase/market should include most of VA, DC, parts of MD, northern parts of nc and some parts of WV. That fan base/market is dwindling fast as it is already which means Washington as is isnt nearly living up to its monetary potential. So every sponsor that drops out and every single dollar lost thats not getting shared with the rest of the league is a big deal even if it doesn't necessarily seem like it. Theres been rumors that Ole Jerruh is really upset with the way the Washington market has been trending. Jerruh has been Dans only ally for a long time. Right now the owners are basically in self preservation mode. But theres only so much to their bottom line they can handle. Someone said the AB deal is just a drop in the bucket well the bucket was probably already half full as is so every drop counts to making that thing overflow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So it gets reported nationally that AB is dropping Washington because Snyder is POS and all the media outlets get a chance to review all the garbage he has done again but some who didn't; care before are now hearing as major brand is dropping them is suddenly interested. And then the and to over he had a slap on the wrist and they get to bring up congress again, and it only affects Dan? Yu don't think people will start pressuring AB to severe ties? It will most certainly impact the brand. To what degree? That is a fair question. I doubt it's enough to remove Dan. So if that is your only criteria But to say it "only" affects Dan is not realistic. 

Well the news has been out for several days, it's now not news, and we didn't really hear of any other fanbases standing up about it. No this remains a Commanders problem only, didn't make a ripple nationally.  

24 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Well the news has been out for several days, it's now not news, and we didn't really hear of any other fanbases standing up about it. No this remains a Commanders problem only, didn't make a ripple nationally.  

Just because you can't see it does not mean there is no impact. There could be pressure to AB to expand which would be fallout from Washington. Other advertisers may be considering piling on to pressure the NFL to remove him. Give it some time to work it's way. Not sure why you guys are standing on this hill so hard that the team is somehow isolated from the rest of the league and that what happens to the team ONLY happens to the team with zero impact to the league unless your only measure is his removal and nothing else means anything. I could at least understand that. Also, I am open the discussion of how much impact there is from very little to moderate. But to say there is "no" impact at all to anyone but the Commanders and the Commanders alone makes no sense. 

10 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It doesn't hurt the NFL's bottom line, but it hurts their reputation. It also hurts Snyder's pockets because he loses a beer sponsor...

A football team loses a beer sponsor. So now he will either get the other big beer sponsor for pennies on the dollar (if they want to look like they don't care about women) or some rinky-dink local brewery that they'll spin and pretend is because they care about the community (still for way less than AB was paying). Snyder continues to make less and less in that local revenue and continues to need to propped up by the revenue-sharing. He's cash-poor due to how he's run the Skins and his misogyny and predatory behavior. Hopefully it catches up to him. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It doesn't hurt the NFL's bottom line, but it hurts their reputation. 

At this point, what IS their (the NFL as a whole) reputation?  The Redskins are local but it’s not just the Redskins.

Owners, players, agents, doctors, etc.  it’s the entire machine.  Can’t really say it’s corrupt because they sell it, we buy it.  

Considering all the crap that they, and we, have turned a blind eye to, what would it take to actually hurt their reputation to the point of damaging their bottom line?  Because that’s what really matters. 

Edited by stoshuaj

3 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah, but like, there's a ****ing war going on. I don't say that like you're stupid, I say it because the timing couldn't be worse. If all this would've happened when the WaPo story first came out, then fine.

Or, you know, if Putin didn't invade Ukraine but that's for the Tailgate.

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

At this point, what IS their (the NFL as a whole) reputation?  The Redskins are local but it’s not just the Redskins.

Owners, players, agents, doctors, etc.  it’s the entire machine.  Can’t really say it’s corrupt because they sell it, we buy it.  

Considering all the crap that they, and we, have turned a blind eye to, what would it take to actually hurt their reputation to the point of damaging their bottom line?  Because that’s what really matters. 

Those are good questions and I don't have an answer...but I think there will come a time when they will regret overlooking things like this. I'm sure Snyder and the Redskins do. Ten or so years ago I was on this message board laughing at posters who tried to convince some of us that the football team in DC could ever lose fan support or market share. My contention was that there was so much built up equity from the 70s, 80s, and 90s and so much tradition from the past that Washington Redskin football was bullet proof. Clearly that was already in the process of crumbling as I was mocking the people posting about it. 

Why can't that also be happening on a larger level with the NFL? It's not something I'm predicting, but it wouldn't completely shock me if in 15 years something similar had occurred league-wide where interest had waned some and other scandals, more racial activism or #metoo situations or team scandals had reduced fan passion. I also think that the "tried and true" fan passion is less common. It's there, but I think there are more general NFL fans who watch the sport to gamble, play fantasy football, etc. than to sit and watch 3 hours of the Bills, Dolphins, or Raiders than there was with my generation (I'm 45). Admittedly, that could just be my perception and I could be 100% wrong on that note. 

Who knows? In the end, they should care about their reputation even if there's no bottom-line impact in the moment. If there's a team who can't retain a beer sponsor, it should be a concern and they should put that team on notice. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Wow 980 isnt broadcasting the games any more

The bigger point there is no Audacity stations--which means 106.7 will not carry them either. Although it is not related to Snyder being a creep, it sounds like they were being unrealistic as to their worth--another black eye on this organization.

• Like 2

What's getting lost in the 980 news is that:

The organization and the company disagreed on the value of the broadcasts and the station believed it was also important to continue to be able to provide honest, objective information, analysis, and commentary about the Commanders.

Sounds to me like typical Snyder being petty.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

The organization and the company disagreed on the value of the broadcasts and the station believed it was also important to continue to be able to provide honest, objective information, analysis, and commentary about the Commanders.

More like they didnt want objectivity. They wanted their ass kicked

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

NBCSW is the opposite. Especially regarding the Wizards, their team is full of bootlickers

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Wow!

Snyder tried to silence the detractors either by putting a gag order on negativity from the station overall and/or by demanding that certain sports talk personalities by separated from the team as a condition for retaining the broadcast rights.

And best of all they essentially responded, **** you. Ratings for your games are in the ****ter anyway.

image.jpeg.b002aa2b64c91ee56fd605705c95699f.jpeg

Sniff sniff…smell that… that Snyder desperation smell?

I looove the smell of desperation in the morning. Smells like victory!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1