Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I didn't read the full Cowboys story, but enough to get that it was involving a single moment with one guy who tried to take video/photos on his cell phone when he happened to stumble into a room full of cheerleaders changing clothes. Is there more to it than that?  

If not, this to me is WORLDS apart from our owner asking his production crew to make outtake videos of his cheerleaders topless on multiple occasions, burn the videos to DVDs and distribute them on said DVDs labeled "For Executive Meeting." I have to imagine this happened more than the two times represented by the 2008 and 2010 videos. This was long-term, systemic abuse that went on for years (if true of course, which I believe it is) vs. one pervy peeping Tom moment from an executive. I don't think the two are even close in level of wrongdoing from an ownership perspective. At least not at this point. 

EDIT: Also saw that it involved him allegedly trying to take upskirt photos of Jerry Jones' daughter, something that Jones apparently doesn't think happened, which is saying a lot, because if he'd allow THAT to happen to his own kid and protect the guy who did it, that's some serious level of scumbaggery that I personally don't think even Jerruh is capable of. Although I could be wrong. 

I agree with your stance to an extent and is mostly correct that it seems like an isolated incident happening with one employee. And you are correct that it’s no where close to what happened here. But they also kept dude around for 6 years after the fact and he seemingly “retires” when Congress really starts turning up the heat on Dan and the nfl. 

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@Conn ….explain 😂 

lol just joking that he was fired for hiring you 

1 minute ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

Hard to take PFT Commander seriously when he doesn’t know the difference between there and their.

He became extremely famous bc that’s his entire schtick, he plays a character based off of the old dumb blog commenter types who can’t type basically and built a podcast off of it as well, from what I can tell. I still follow Diana Russini on twitter from her WAS days and it seems he is close friends with her. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't think the situations are equal, but it has a lot to do with being in a semi-post Washington cheerleader scandal era.

If former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, like the ones in the confidentiality settlement, come forward and put the org on blast for protecting the person that did these actions and doing a poor job of protecting them.

Now you got reporters sniffing around. They already found the upskirt scandal, what else is out there?

Politicians who wanna make a soundbite will have a field day.

All centered around the biggest org in football.

That can snowball in a hurry when you already have a climate that is extra sensitive on the subject, and rightfully so.

If this gets worse its hard to turn around and roll out your cheerleaders under that kind of scrutiny, you'd get destroyed.

Edited by FootballZombie

45 minutes ago, Conn said:

He became extremely famous bc that’s his entire schtick, he plays a character based off of the old dumb blog commenter types who can’t type basically and built a podcast off of it as well, from what I can tell. I still follow Diana Russini on twitter from her WAS days and it seems he is close friends with her. 

I wasn’t aware of that.  Thanks.  I find it horribly distracting though.

• Thumb up 2

There won’t be momentum until other sponsors start following suit…but if the NFL is really done with Snyder they can get sneaky and use back channels to their big sponsors and give the “okay” to them making noise about this—which lets them shrug their shoulders at Dan and make it seem like ”we don’t have a choice, let’s at least get you rich on the way out old buddy, what a shame”.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

51 minutes ago, Conn said:

There won’t be momentum until other sponsors start following suit…but if the NFL is really done with Snyder they can get sneaky and use back channels to their big sponsors and give the “okay” to them making noise about this—which lets them shrug their shoulders at Dan and make it seem like ”we don’t have a choice, let’s at least get you rich on the way out old buddy, what a shame”.

I expect that in the next 60 days.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Conn said:

I would expect that too. That's probably the best way for the NfL to deal with this and prevent Dan from going scorched earth. Though that's kinda what happened with John Gruden. But I believe if Dan went full rage on the NFL, they would also have the opportunity to tell Gruden: "Hey let's settle that between us, we're gonna tell you who released the emails."

So as a whole, it's not like the NFL doesn't have any options when it comes to deal with Dan if he wanted to fire back. That would be messy, but whatever the option they choose, it'll be messy so they'll have to pick a side.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This article is perfect timing...it certainly relates to Danya, since I immediately thought of our Gruesome Twosome while I read it! 😁

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/feb/16/the-dictators-wife-novel-freya-berry

Velvet gloves to iron fists: how complicit are the wives of dictators?

“We’re run by more basic impulses than we like to admit and a beautiful woman standing to one side apparently agreeing with everything you say is usually an asset, whether we like it or not. It does soften someone and whitewash them at the same time.”

“Personal magnetism and charm is very hard to fight against. You look over here and you don’t look at the extrajudicial killings over there.”

“How do you make your way in a man’s world? If you can’t have power yourself, you have to go adjacent to it. These women are playing for the highest stakes. If they lose power, sometimes they’re executed. It’s this bitter tooth-and-nail fight for survival while also maintaining serene perfection and femininity,” she says.

20 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

With this latest Cowpukes scandal, we can see why the NFL hasn't been very proactive in going after Snyder: the NFL is just a big misogynistic frat house. 

I've been saying this for ages. There just isn't any way the other NFL owners are going to vote by a 2/3 majority to oust Dan when the worst allegation is that he put his hand on a woman's leg. 

And as I said before, that's every alternate Tuesday for Jerry, and has probably been for the last 20 years.  And probably a whole bunch of others.  

It is a bad thing for us this news came out.  I think it's going to cause the NFL to hunker down even more.  I don't think they're going to really protect Dan, but I think it's absolutely a no-brainer to think they are not going to set a precedent of expelling an owner for these types of charges.

It is going to take one of 2 things:

1. NATIONAL NFL Sponsors threatening to pull out, which would effect the bottom line of the entire NFL.  But I doubt that's going to happen because the NFL has so many eyeballs, it's kindof like the marketing crown jewel.  Also, because it is the marketing crown jewel, if one or two of them DID pull out, I'm pretty sure they could be fairly easily replaced.

2. Criminal charges.  That's the game changer.  It's also my understanding none of the sexual misconduct stuff is typically federal law, it's state and local law.  So it would have to be either the Maryland or VA investigating that and bringing charges.  I think.  Maybe the US Attorney can bring those charges as well, but I'm not entirely sure.  

Absent one of those two things, everybody here is getting their hopes up.  I still maintain it's a less than 5% chance Dan is forced to sell the team.  This is just looking at the situation practically. I don't like that, but it is what it is.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I've been saying this for ages. There just isn't any way the other NFL owners are going to vote by a 2/3 majority to oust Dan when the worst allegation is that he put his hand on a woman's leg. 

And as I said before, that's every alternate Tuesday for Jerry, and has probably been for the last 20 years.  And probably a whole bunch of others.  

It is a bad thing for us this news came out.  I think it's going to cause the NFL to hunker down even more.  I don't think they're going to really protect Dan, but I think it's absolutely a no-brainer to think they are not going to set a precedent of expelling an owner for these types of charges.

It is going to take one of 2 things:

1. NATIONAL NFL Sponsors threatening to pull out, which would effect the bottom line of the entire NFL.  But I doubt that's going to happen because the NFL has so many eyeballs, it's kindof like the marketing crown jewel.  Also, because it is the marketing crown jewel, if one or two of them DID pull out, I'm pretty sure they could be fairly easily replaced.

2. Criminal charges.  That's the game changer.  It's also my understanding none of the sexual misconduct stuff is typically federal law, it's state and local law.  So it would have to be either the Maryland or VA investigating that and bringing charges.  I think.  Maybe the US Attorney can bring those charges as well, but I'm not entirely sure.  

Absent one of those two things, everybody here is getting their hopes up.  I still maintain it's a less than 5% chance Dan is forced to sell the team.  This is just looking at the situation practically. I don't like that, but it is what it is.  

That's probably pretty accurate, but I think more is going to come out. I think there are more Tiffani Johnstons out there and also more Brad Bakers. I've said all along, if that cheerleader video can be directly tied to Dan, that could definitely be the thing that does it, especially if he made those things every year. Again, it just is so unfortunate that the cheerleaders involved settled that case out of court and then signed NDAs that they could never bring it up again. That is huge, because if that had gone to court, I think things would've potentially exploded. I know that's easy for me to say, but still ... it's a huge disappointment in terms of really pinning something on Dan. I don't think it's over yet though. We'll see. 

For me, though, it may well be over one way or another. If he goes, I fully invest in the team again. If he doesn't, I don't. At least I have control over the latter. 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Sponsors pushing back is the only answer, glad to see that campaign is picking up steam and getting more publicity.  I may send in another round using a different email and name. I will honor the letter and stop buying all those products in the meantime.  

Local sponsors dropping isn't going to change a thing. The local sponsorship money is not subject to revenue sharing, I don't believe.  Medliminal dropping it's sponsorship has zero effect on the pocket book of Clark Hunt and Family who own the Chiefs.  Or Jim Irsay.  Or Arthur Blank.

It will hurt the Commander's franchise revenue, which at the end of the day, probably effects the amount of money the team can spend, and it would maybe (MAYBE) effect Dan financially, though given he just bought a $48M house in VA, I don't think he's going to care so much about that.  He's still going to get the mega-money out of the TV revenue sharing deal.  It would be his decision if he wanted to sell because the sponsors were dropping.  And he's not going to make that decision. 

I understand that it's a helpless feeling, but none of this is really going to help dislodge him.  He has a jury of 31 other owners/ownership groups.  They are all wealthy beyond imagination, and will look out for their self interest first.  Unless it is in their best self interest to force Dan out, they won't do it.  

The only way this can happen is if the big national sponsors start putting on pressure.  Otherwise, the easiest thing for them to do is to let Dan twist in the wind and let Rodger handle the fallout.  And that's what I think they're going to do.

I think the Florio thing during the SB was probably he heard from 1 or 2 owners who said Dan was a pain in the ass, and since he desperately wants Dan out, he's trying to speak it into existence. But I doubt there's actually all that much momentum to do something dramatic.  I always have.  

17 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That's probably pretty accurate, but I think more is going to come out. I think there are more Tiffani Johnstons out there and also more Brad Bakers. I've said all along, if that cheerleader video can be directly tied to Dan, that could definitely be the thing that does it, especially if he made those things every year. Again, it just is so unfortunate that the cheerleaders involved settled that case out of court and then signed NDAs that they could never bring it up again. That is huge, because if that had gone to court, I think things would've potentially exploded. I know that's easy for me to say, but still ... it's a huge disappointment in terms of really pinning something on Dan. I don't think it's over yet though. We'll see. 

For me, though, it may well be over one way or another. If he goes, I fully invest in the team again. If he doesn't, I don't. At least I have control over the latter. 

If I understand the settlements and the NDAs correctly...

If the e-mails ever get leaked or are released and the cheerleader video(s) were shared outside of the Redskin organization, the NDAs and settlements become a much less significant hurdle. They only govern the relationship with the team, not the league or any other team.

So let's say Larry Michael e-mailed an image of a nip slip to Roger Goodell. Well, suddenly that girl, for the same image she has already settled for with the Redskins, has a brand new case against the league. If Michael sent it to Goodell, Bill Belichick, and Mike Tomlin (I'm just picking long-time coaches so they are still with the teams they were with back then)...then that girl has a new case against the league, the Steelers, and the Patriots. She can't do anything new against the Redskins, but she can against new teams and the league with this new information. 

15 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I swear this Snyder guy is the real life version of Jason and Michael Myers. Dude just won't **** off 

Dan, SELL THE TEAM AND LEAVE US ALONE! PLEASE 😟

Once I realized Myers would NEVER die, I stopped watching those stupid movies. If I ever get to that point with Snyder, I think I'll finally be at the point where I won't be able to separate him from the team anymore. I'm not there yet, though, but it's close. I see that big W and I just see his fat stupid face. But we live in hope. And this is a marathon I'm willing to see through to the end if able. 

Whatever the percentages are, I think we can at least all agree that we're closer today than we've EVER been of Snyder being forced out. That's at least something to build on. 

• Like 2

I guess Dan is just so used to being disliked his entire life that he simply doesn't care and actually revels in the fact that most everyone hates him.  

I would think any normal and sane person, no matter how much money they have, would be seriously depressed if they tanked the team they grew up loving and knew that the majority of the fans of that team hated your guts and want nothing more than to see the team taken from you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I guess Dan is just so used to being disliked his entire life that he simply doesn't care and actually revels in the fact that most everyone hates him.  

I would think any normal and sane person, no matter how much money they have, would be seriously depressed if they tanked the team they grew up loving and knew that the majority of the fans of that team hated your guts and want nothing more than to see the team taken from you.  

Dan Snyder is at such an unbelievable level of narcissism, that nothing will bother him.  This is all a game to him,  and I bet you're correct that he takes personal satisfaction from people hating him.  In his mind,  it's the reason for his sole existence.  Dan Synder truly is a human form of cancer, I don't say that lightly. 

Edited by srtman04
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I'm 100% positive there are more Tiffani Johnson's out there.  And I'm sure more will be willing to come forward.  I still don't know that it's going to DO anything.

IF there were a direct linkage to Dan of the video, the direct linkage would almost have to be he "ordered it."  Not that Scumbag Larry walked into his office and showed it to him.  Seeing it isn't criminal enough.  Asking for it might be.  And candidly, that might be a criminal offense of invasion of privacy.  If it were you or me, you could go to jail for that. And Dan could also.  I honestly don't know why a criminal investigation hasn't been started.  It is possible it is so long ago in the past, it doesn't really qualify. It's also possible there needs to be a catalyst of somebody taking it to the Loudon County or VA State Police and filing some type of a complaint to start a criminal process.  I just don't know.  But it hasn't happened yet.  

One thing I do not know is if NDAs are applicable to a criminal investigation.  I think the answer is no.  Otherwise you could NDA away a lot of illegal stuff.  So IF there are criminal charges, all the NDA nonsense goes away.  

So IF there was every a criminal, and not civil, investigation, then things could change VERY VERY quickly.  However, Congress can't initiate that.  They could recommend to the US Attorney in DC to initiate a criminal investigation, and then the Justice Department could pick it up, if there were Federal crimes.  If not, it would have to come from the state or local jurisdictions.  At least that is my understanding.  

The league is going to take the path of least resistance.  Until it is in the best interest of 20-22 owners to oust Dan, nothing will change.  They are the judge, jury and executioner, and the only voices that matter.  

12 hours ago, Conn said:

I don't even think they'd have to be all that sneaky about it.  The league rep could literally call the sponsor and say, "You're upset about Dan and the Commanders, right?  Would you be ok if we put out a statement saying the NFL, in communication with our league sponsors, believe it is in the best interest of our combined business if we sought new ownership for the Washington NFL Franchise."  

And EVERY SINGLE sponsor would say, "sure, do it."

I really hope this is true.  I hope this happens.  I remain skeptical it WILL happen because I don't trust the other owners to "do the right thing" if it's not squarely in their best interest. 

• Like 1