Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't think it is "possible".  He is a terrible person.

That's my guess too...but for as adamantly negative as I've been against the man, I wanted to be fair. I've never spoken a word to him in my life and everything I'm stating about him is based on third-party accounts. I would be willing to bet he sucks as a person, but I'm open to the possibility that I don't know that beyond a reasonable doubt. 

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I don't think it is "possible".  He is a terrible person.

Anyone who sues old ladies is a terrible person. Or hands out bags of apples in lieu of Xmas bonuses to his employees. Or puts gallons of vanilla ice cream on his defensive coordinator's desk to melt, with a note saying "I'm serious. I don't like vanilla." Or hands out stale peanuts from a defunct airline to his fans. Or has 9/11 tribute hats with the profits going straight into his pocket. Or...

Oh heck, just read Dave McKenna's list...although it could use an update! https://washingtoncitypaper.com/article/221900/the-cranky-redskins-fans-guide-to-dan-snyder/

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Youre right. Although I'd much prefer Will Hobson, Sally Jenkins, Loz Clarke, Barry Svrluga and legitimate journalists. Not ranting clickbait assclowns

I don't think they should be mutually exclusive. People like Hobson, Clarke, etc., are all about writing one major piece every few months or so. Great and important stuff, for sure, but the "ranting ass clowns," especially those with an audience, like Florio, are an important part of the process, too. I love that he's keeping this out there, and there's too much depth in a lot of what he's reporting to call it "clickbait," at least in this case. I've found him annoying and punchable in the past as well, but in this case at least, the "enemy of my enemy" line more than applies. Ranting ass clowns, come one, come all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Anyone who sues old ladies is a terrible person.

He is absolutely a terrible person but having had to do the quoted above, sorry but being old doesn't mean you're not an evil sociopath who should be sued into oblivion.

His suit, however, does not meet that standard.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't think they should be mutually exclusive. People like Hobson, Clarke, etc., are all about writing one major piece every few months or so. Great and important stuff, for sure, but the "ranting ass clowns," especially those with an audience, like Florio, are an important part of the process, too. I love that he's keeping this out there, and there's too much depth in a lot of what he's reporting to call it "clickbait," at least in this case. I've found him annoying and punchable in the past as well, but in this case at least, the "enemy of my enemy" line more than applies. Ranting ass clowns, come one, come all. 

The problem with the ranting assclowns is they're always ranting. So when legitimate journalists report it, it's old news, just more of what ranting assclown was ranting about. We become tone-deaf and desensitized to it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Or puts gallons of vanilla ice cream on his defensive coordinator's desk to melt, with a note saying "I'm serious. I don't like vanilla."

That one was actually pretty fun.

4 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Or hands out stale peanuts from a defunct airline to his fans.

That's really the worst, and tells you all you need to know about Dan Snyder in fact.

As first, it doesn't look like a big deal. But that shows that Dan doesn't care about fans and their health and that he's only about money. That's when you guys should have gone class action against dan for anything, he would have been easier to get rid of at the time being than now.

An Open Letter to Daniel and Tanya Snyder

By Mark Tyler@Tiller56  Feb 8, 2022, 9:07am EST  

Washington_Commanders_logo_768x489.0.jpg

Daniel and Tanya Snyder,

I have been a Washington fan since the early 80’s – before I really even knew what I was cheering for. During that time, I have witnessed some incredible highs and some lowly lows. Since you purchased the team in 1999, the lows have far outweighed the highs, and as a devoted fan, that is incredibly upsetting to me.

Far beyond the 156-212-1 record and ten head coaches since your ownership was first announced, is the perpetual controversaries that seem to surround this organization.

As if suing your own season ticket holders and temporarily banning signs with any negative connotation towards you and your ownership at FedEx Field weren’t enough, the game day experience has only gotten worse. In 2021, it was reported that Washington had the second lowest home attendance in the league, and I can truly imagine that it would have been dead last if not for the thousands of opposing fans, that sometimes seem to outnumber OUR fans, that fill the stands. I really can’t blame folks for not wanting to attend, seeing how the prices to bring their family to a game have skyrocketed; including, but not limited to parking, concessions and the views themselves. Now, top that off with the chance of having a sewage pipe bust on you or structures within the stadium possibly giving way - and most can certainly see why.

The Bruce Allen years were intolerable to even the most casual fan, and I commend you both for finally removing his toxicity from the organization, however it came years too late. The damage he inflicted on this once-proud franchise will take years to dig out from. Furthermore, the level of accountability from top down was in a constant downward spiral from 1999-2019, and for that, you both need to be held accountable.

From the outside, a culture shift looks to be in play, but internally, the franchise is still rotting at its very core. The toxic workplace culture that permeates throughout the organization is something that loyal fans can no longer turn their backs on. Accusations by over 40 former female employees of sexual harassment, bullying, and intimidation are causing your Titanic to slowly sink. Recent accusations made to congress during the roundtable discussion have brought these into an even brighter light…one that you can no longer cover with dark sunglasses.

Your refusal to release to the public, the findings in the Wilkinson report, further tarnish your public image – an image that can never be repaired.

They say if you love something, set it free. Many fans really doubt if you LOVE The Washington Commanders, but we can all agree on one thing – OUR deep desire for you both to SET IT FREE!

Please, do what is right and sell The Washington Commanders! The fans, players, former employees you have hurt, and current ones who remain in the building deserve a clean break and a fresh start for the team we so dearly love!

Respectfully yours,

A devoted yet concerned fan

https://www.hogshaven.com/2022/2/8/22923350/an-open-letter-to-daniel-and-tanya-snyder

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

This is from another thread but since that one is already derailed enough, figured I’d drop it in here:

”Then poor-baby billionaire alleged pedophile”

Did I miss something?  I’ve heard/seen a lot of crappy stuff about Heil Commander but not that.

reference, link, source, (not pics please)?

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

This is from another thread but since that one is already derailed enough, figured I’d drop it in here:

”Then poor-baby billionaire alleged pedophile”

Did I miss something?  I’ve heard/seen a lot of crappy stuff about Heil Commander but not that.

reference, link, source, (not pics please)?

I would believe it's linked to the Epstein's story, though not sure but I haven't read anything else

But this story was false...

If this had been true in any way Dan would have out of the NFL by now.