Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, wilco_holland said:

Yes, blame the lawyer. He took away a reason to fire the man...

This is bad man but to after so much bad it's almost "whatever"

Nope, not gonna blame the lawyer in any way. He did his job, and stop something worse from happening. I'd rather be thankful even if it hurts us because Tiffany didn't suffer more than what she already did.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Yes, blame the lawyer. He took away a reason to fire the man...

This is bad man but to after so much bad it's almost "whatever"

Yeah I know Tiffani and went to school with her.  She's a nice person and is not a liar.  That being said it's hard to believe anything that comes out of Snyder's mouth anymore.  

Though I did once when I was in 3rd grade get in trouble for blowing her kisses from the school bus so perhaps she's used to that behavior.  I, however, learned from it.  I doubt Snyder ever will.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't know what has to happen procedural to make that a thing. But the fact that half (or just under half) of the committee used their 3 minutes of time alotment to complain about not focusing on other things, I would think this would be a big charade, and half the committee wouldn't take it seriously and it would be a circus even IF they could get it to move forward.

If past behavior stays true, whenever idiot Roger Goodell gets caught being part of a coverup, he comes back hard and acts like he has no tolerance for the indiscretions he had been trying to hide.  Ray Rice, Roethlisberger, Josh Brown were all cases he knew about and largely ignored until there was backlash when evidence was leaked to the public.  Then he became Mr. HardCoreProtectorOfWomen.

I've seen some fingers directly pointed at Goodell in this case.  Hopefully, they'll continue to point at him.  He forced Jerry Richardson to sell the team, maybe he'll do the same here.  And maybe then Goodell will get fired as well.  That would be icing on the cake.

Stealing from Kevin Sheehan:

this team has a calendar math problem. 

they say that part is the problem was snyder was hands off, the implication that this went on while he was absent. 

they then say the allegations are 13 years old

which according to correct math - is well before he was supposedly hands off. 

their statements are text book “if you did it, here’s how to make it obvious you did it”

which makes total sense considering they literally **** up everything they do. 

The only real question I have at this point:

how smart is Tanya?

cause if she’s smart she’s seeing the same thing I see with this - cause I’m just a dope on the internet. 

Btw Sheehan has the woman with the prostitutes allegation booked for tomorrow mornings show. Hope he gets good stuff out of her. He sees the same holes in all of this I do. Ask the right questions and more will be revealed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I don't know what has to happen procedural to make that a thing. But the fact that half (or just under half) of the committee used their 3 minutes of time alotment to complain about not focusing on other things, I would think this would be a big charade, and half the committee wouldn't take it seriously and it would be a circus even IF they could get it to move forward.

I don't have much faith in Congress.  But I do think this opens up things for the WP to go to town.  There are some new leads to chase there.  

Even though the Flores accusation is on another topic.  I think having that cooking as a backdrop might add some heat on the NFL as to avoiding coming off dismissive with what happened in Congress today.

Thinking about this from a pure PR perspective, they'd take it on the chin if they came off like they knew about this stuff involving Dan -- the best PR move is to act like its new information to take some heat off of themselves. 

9 minutes ago, profusion said:

So, the NFL is saying that Tiffani Johnston's allegations are "new." Did she speak to Beth Wilkinson's team or not?

This whole thing is so rotten. I'm assuming there's much worse info involved, and it goes further than the "Commanders".

Seems that yeah that's what they are saying.  those allegations didn't make the WP stories.   Did the NFL know?  Who knows.

The problem with these series of allegations is they are directed at Dan.  And there is some doubling down on the video issue as to Dan.  

Before they could say well its not him but its the workplace.   This narrartive is different.  I am not saying the NFL doesn't end up blowing this off but from a pure PR standpoint this series of things is harder to shrug off because they are pointed at Dan as opposed to the underlings.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

What Snyder is alleged to have been stopped by his attorney from doing could have been criminal conduct. If the other NFL owners knew about this allegation, then we're talking something very different. I do understand (and want to emphasize) that it's an allegation. None of us here know what happened.

If Ms. Johnston only came forward with this after the investigation was over, that's a different situation. However, Wilkinson and her team interviewed hundreds of current and former employees. Of course, we don't know exactly because no report was created or released.

This opens up a real can of worms for the league, should prominent media outlets choose to run with the story. I assume Congress will do nothing.

Edited by profusion

I haven’t had a chance to follow the entire story that came out today but if all they have is him putting his hand on her leg during dinner and her back afterwards while presumably many other people were around then I am not sure much will come of this. Again - that going saying that I haven’t read its entirety. Gross yes sure if it was unwanted but if he continued it days, weeks later and repeatedly after being told no - then he may have a problem here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dyst said:

I haven’t had a chance to follow the entire story that came out today but if all they have is him putting his hand on her leg during dinner and her back afterwards while presumably many other people were around then I am not sure much will come of this. Again - that going saying that I haven’t read its entirety. Gross yes sure if it was unwanted but if he continued it days, weeks later and repeatedly after being told no - then he may have a problem here.

I haven't followed it super closely either, but I get the sense that this is one story among many. Certainly there were enough stories for Goodell to proclaim the Redskins a toxic culture.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I haven't followed it super closely either, but I get the sense that this is one story among many. Certainly there were enough stories for Goodell to proclaim the Redskins a toxic culture.

Agreed, if there’s a collection of stories against him, change may happen. 

Much like rot, accountability starts at the top.

It begins at the head of Washington’s NFL franchise, with the man who, a former employee told Congress on Thursday, allowed his home to be turned into a pleasure den during an out-of-town work trip, and who allegedly placed his hand on another female employee’s thigh during a work dinner.

And it begins at a roundtable on Capitol Hill, where lawmakers divided themselves by party lines and discounted their power to do anything to stop this kind of corruption.

Much like Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, the Republicans on the House Committee on Oversight and Reform are refusing to stand up as leaders to ensure true accountability.

...To these women, accountability remains absent because the man responsible for dragging the team’s culture into the gutter remains at the top. The name of the team can change, and the Commanders can pretend that new crest of theirs holds the depth and dignity befitting of a 90-year-old franchise. But no amount of glossy rebranding matters. As long as Snyder’s in charge, the rot still exists.

“It was the culture he created. It was an abusive one. He berated the male employees when they didn’t do, what he considered, a good job. And then it was just the sexual culture that he created,” Johnston said, emphasizing the pronoun. “Every day, day in and day out.”

Pressuring the NFL to release the ugly bits of the investigation could force Snyder to step down. Congress could do that, or at least try. And the women, now knowing their strength and no longer harboring fear of harassment inside Snyder’s frat house, came to Congress seeking help.

They expected too much.

If there was any, Snyder would have long ago been removed from the franchise. And if every member on that committee Thursday believed in protecting female employees from intimidation and unwanted sexual advances, they would unify by demanding the NFL release the report into Washington’s toxic workplace environment that was completed a year ago.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, dyst said:

that story was definitely disturbing, but i think the claim that he asked the staff to make a video of the cheerleaders naked is the one that would cause some action. not sure if they can prove the request came from him specifically..

either way, what they do have is a collection of many disturbing allegations under his leadership. all being investigated by congress. i personally think the nfl already has enough to force him to sell (damaging the image of the league), but they have a history of overly defending its owners no matter what. who knows

• Like 2