Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Muppets Laughing GIF - Muppets Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Not going to happen, here's why: He has ALL the dirt. And if he's forced to sell, he'll burn it all down on his way out. You know he will.

It's possible, but I always got the feeling Snyder was an owner in name only, i.e., he's not part of the clique. He's the guy they look at and think he doesn't belong, the guy they don't really like to include in things. That said, I'd be surprised if he really had the inside scoop on "all the dirt" within the league, whatever that may be, at least not enough to "burn it down" on his way out. He's just not that powerful of a guy outside of his own little kingdom of ****. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

That said, I'd be surprised if he really had the inside scoop on "all the dirt" within the league, whatever that may be, at least not enough to "burn it down" on his way out. He's just not that powerful of a guy outside of his own little kingdom of ****. 

Even if he doesn't, he'd have 5 billion to put towards getting to the bottom of it.  From all we know about the guy, I'm pretty sure he'd spend a mint to do it.

Now I'm really in fantasy land, but imagine if Snyder was forced to sell and then went broke partly due to sparing no expense to get back at the other owners?  

5 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

It's too late, season is over. 

Never too late to send a message even if it's for next year. I am glad to see this. You get rewarded for doing a good job. There are very few on the team that can say they did a good job including the coaching staff. Let them prove they care. 

Also, 2 of the last 3 PO seasons we have had similar records 2012 - 3-6, last year 2-7. In 2015 we won the last 4 to make the POs. And this season we have 17 games. So no it's not too late yet. I am not saying it will happen. I agree it's unlikely. But I do not want to see them lay down with 9 games left. I want to see some fight. Win a few games and see what happens. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Even if he doesn't, he'd have 5 billion to put towards getting to the bottom of it.  From all we know about the guy, I'm pretty sure he'd spend a mint to do it.

Now I'm really in fantasy land, but imagine if Snyder was forced to sell and then went broke partly due to sparing no expense to get back at the other owners?  

Dan may not have personal dirt, but he knows how the NFL operated from 1999. 2 examples,  the so called non-cap year; that we got penalized. Colin Kapernick

I am sure There's enough NFL dirt to get Congress to strip their anti trust exemption.

• Like 2

Just now, Peregrine said:

If this season ends 4-13 or something like that, do you think Dan will decide hes had enough staying on the sidelines, and maybe can Ron and get back involved?

That's happening no matter what happens going forward at this point. Buckle up boys and girls!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

If this season ends 4-13 or something like that, do you think Dan will decide hes had enough staying on the sidelines, and maybe can Ron and get back involved?

Dan should just go all in and make himself the HC. I want to see that idiot with a headset on trying to high five his players as they come off the field. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Florgon79 said:

Dan should just go all in and make himself the HC. I want to see that idiot with a headset on trying to high five his players as they come off the field. 

Careful what you wish for, i have no doubt the thought has crossed his mind....in fact, if Rivera can’t turn this team around, he just might say **** it and be the coach himself 😂

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Careful what you wish for, i have no doubt the thought has crossed his mind....in fact, if Rivera can’t turn this team around, he just might say **** it and be the coach himself 😂

I would love nothing more than to watch him humiliated in front of a national audience every week. That's must see TV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

It's possible, but I always got the feeling Snyder was an owner in name only, i.e., he's not part of the clique. He's the guy they look at and think he doesn't belong, the guy they don't really like to include in things. That said, I'd be surprised if he really had the inside scoop on "all the dirt" within the league, whatever that may be, at least not enough to "burn it down" on his way out. He's just not that powerful of a guy outside of his own little kingdom of ****. 

Entirely possible--but even for a complete imbecile like Snyder, it's near impossible to work in a field for 25 years and not pick up things. He's at least astute--slimy, but still astute--enough to put all of those NDAs in place.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

This season IS going to end 4-13 or something like that. 

But even if Dan wanted to fire Ron, he wouldn't even know where to start.  He's given Ron all the power to hire who he wants for the FO.  Not only does Ron have a bunch of guaranteed money in his contract, I'd bet everyone he hired does too.  

Dan would have to overhaul the entire organization on his own and pay the salaries of all the people he fires.  I imagine both to be reasons why Ron is going to be here for some time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan may not have personal dirt, but he knows how the NFL operated from 1999. 2 examples,  the so called non-cap year; that we got penalized. Colin Kapernick

I am sure There's enough NFL dirt to get Congress to strip their anti trust exemption.

I wouldn't put much weight into the non cap year really.

Colin Kaepernick, maybe there's some dirt, but it won't get far too.

Was just watching Sportscenter and they had the lawyer of some of the women. This isn’t going away. She said that her clients would definitely testify if they had too. 

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This season IS going to end 4-13 or something like that. 

But even if Dan wanted to fire Ron, he wouldn't even know where to start.  He's given Ron all the power to hire who he wants for the FO.  Not only does Ron have a bunch of guaranteed money in his contract, I'd bet everyone he hired does too.  

Dan would have to overhaul the entire organization on his own and pay the salaries of all the people he fires.  I imagine both to be reasons why Ron is going to be here for some time.

That’s the problem. We constantly hire the wrong coach and when it’s time to hire a new coach, who thinks Dan is qualified to do that?

Rivera has done nothing but brought in all the people that got him fired in Carolina and now look at us. 

I’d hire Daboo from Buffalo in a heartbeat, but that’s not likely to happen. 

18 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

That’s the problem. We constantly hire the wrong coach and when it’s time to hire a new coach, who thinks Dan is qualified to do that?

Rivera has done nothing but brought in all the people that got him fired in Carolina and now look at us. 

I’d hire Daboo from Buffalo in a heartbeat, but that’s not likely to happen. 

I'm not as down on Ron as most, as I actually think he was the right coach at the right time.  In fact, dare I say...he was the only coach available that was capable of undertaking all that this job entails.  With all the drama surrounding this team, we needed an experienced head coach with a track record of integrity and respect.  Just imagine if we had hired a first time head coach like Zac Taylor or Kevin Stefanski and they were asked to earn their chops by not only being the head coach, but the figurehead for the entire organization, with their fingerprints all over everything.  Those guys would never have been granted the power that Ron has, so Dan would be left to structure the organization and hire a GM after hiring the head coach and hoping they can make it work.  That's just the football side of it - then you have the name change and all the other drama associated with this franchise, at the feet of hot shot coordinators that have never had to deal with drama, and have never even been around the type of drama that comes with this franchise.

I've been critical of Ron, dating back to his decision to roll with Haskins even after he broke Covid protocols and I wasn't fan of making the front office Carolina north.  I don't feel he got the best possible people, and he went for people he is comfortable with instead.  But all things considered, I can't sit here and say that had we hired anyone else that we'd be in a better position.  Ron is tasked with renovating the culture of this organization, which is what would seem to be an impossible task.  I certainly wouldn't bet on him turning this franchise into a winner, but I wouldn't make that bet for anyone else that was available either.  I say let him draft his quarterback and if he looks like a dud by the end of 2023, we do what we always do...rinse and repeat.   And in the interim we just keep praying that somehow, some way, Dan gets removed as owner of this team.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Just saw a stat where Zorn and Spurrier both won 12 games in their first two years and we thought they were horrible. 

Rivera is currently at 9. Just saying…

Rivera being worse than Zorn and Spurrier is certainly a take...

• Like 3

I brought this up when Ron was hired. Not gonna say "I knew all along," because I didn't, but the fact is, Ron has 3 winning seasons in 10 years after last year. Three. That's not good. I was worried when I saw that record, and it looks like those worries were well-founded after the sample size we've seen thus far. Carolina fans are saying the same things, I've noticed. "Now Washington sees what we saw." 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

Speaking of AnusTart, has anyone heard from Fraulein Tanya recently? She seems to be back to living in the shadows. 

She came out to clear her name of being a narc re: the leaked Gruden Allen Files.

Mrs Synder is such an idiot she doesn't realize she actually showed the world she supports everything being kept/swept under the rug.

Then again, she was playing to an audience of 31, if you don't count Mr Douchebags.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Rivera being worse than Zorn and Spurrier is certainly a take...

Not sure what this means. If he doesn’t win 3 more games this season, he will be (so far). I don’t see those 3 games on the schedule, do you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1