Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

7 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

If they get more power than they currently have and have a path to the GM job after Hurney retires it’s possible. Basically the current Kyle Smith role.

Schoen is currently Asst GM, and Cowden is VP of player personnel, and seems be #2 behind Jon Robinson in that FO structure.  With both their bosses being younger guys with job security, and MH being older, I guess it's possible they could be convinced this will be a better path to GM.  But coming here to be asst GM seems to be a lateral move for both.  Dan snyder does not attract lateral moves.  Especially when they will both probably be getting GM offers in the very near future, from owners with a much better reputation than ours.

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Could be worse...

Jim harbaugh is not shedding any tears for urban meyer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

How is this guy still fooling you? Really, tell me. It was literally only less than two years ago that he forced the Haskins pick on his FO and coaching staff and set this team back a ton. Stop being such a sucker. (That’s not even mentioning the “off-field” concerns we’re now dealing with that show what a bad guy he is). Rivera and Wright are only even here right now because he’s screwed up so badly.

He's not fooling me. And the only information you have is from the washington post (with a **** load of folks with axes to grind). I really don't care either way. I'm just not the type to feed into narrative ****. If this team was winning all this time, ask yourself if the narrative and even the stories would be the same. Its all bull**** IMO.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

He's not fooling me. And the only information you have is from the washington post (with a **** load of folks with axes to grind). I really don't care either way. I'm just not the type to feed into narrative ****. If this team was winning all this time, ask yourself if the narrative and even the stories would be the same. Its all bull**** IMO.

Ask yourself if the Titanic hadnt sunk, would it have been a fun little cruise across the ocean?

I'm all for patience to get the facts on this move, but the point you are trying to make lives in an alternate reality.

• Haha 1

So hears a scenario...

What if Ron went to Kyle and said, "hey Kyle, I'm going to bring in Hurney as our GM. But we're keeping the VP and GM seats as separate duties at the same level.

I love what you did with player personnel, the draft and college scouting. I just think Hurney may give us an edge when it comes team operations. We've got Rodgers maintaining the cap so we're good there. We'll need to add (and I think you'll agree) a few more folks to help all of us out administratively.

You and Hurney will collaborate on the FAs knowing what type of players myself and our coordinators are looking for. I'm sure you'll work well together.

Kyle you've been in the position for one year all be it a covit year. I just think you need a bit more experience under your belt before you take on both roles (like Kevin Colbert of the Steelers for instance). I also think Hurney will be a great guy for you to gain more knowledge about some of the ins and out of the being a GM. And based on what I've seen, you'll probably come up with a way to streamline some of our processes."

I think that's reasonable. I don't see any news about Kyle being a GM prospect either. 

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Ask yourself if the Titanic hadnt sunk, would it have been a fun little cruise across the ocean?

I'm all for patience to get the facts on this move, but the point you are trying to make lives in an alternate reality.

You're wasting your time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

dude, get a grip. You are absolutely being fooled here pushing this, wow. This is like 2007-level willful ignorance of what’s happening here. 

• Like 1

But if the structure is that MH is doing some side business and someone else roster stuff. Who did that work this year? And why not hire him as football operations executive whatever. But give him the NFL terms highest position. 

But if the structure is that MH is doing some side business and someone else roster stuff. Who did that work this year? And why not hire him as football operations executive whatever. But give him the NFL terms highest position. 

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

A strong GM candidate will not, or even should not, want to move to become our assistant GM. Seems odd to me. 

Im a big Rivera fan but it is looking like a jobs for the boys process, hopefully I get shot down today with an inspired hire.

But 74 something is going on. The news should have been made official by now.  It's been reported that Hurney was our next GM and then crickets ever since really early afternoon Easter Standard Time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

A strong GM candidate will not, or even should not, want to move to become our assistant GM. Seems odd to me. 

Im a big Rivera fan but it is looking like a jobs for the boys process, hopefully I get shot down today with an inspired hire.

Expand a bit more on your post here. :)

21 minutes ago, RWJ said:

But 74 something is going on. The news should have been made official by now.  It's been reported that Hurney was our next GM and then crickets ever since really early afternoon Easter Standard Time. 

Maybe yesterday was for hiring, today is the domino effect firings. Wonder if people are about to be let go?

This will be an interesting situation to see unfold, we’re told Rivera wants people to challenge him, as soon as Hurney was released from CAR he was instantly touted as coming here. Predictably it looks like he is. Let’s have a move that makes you think, hell yes that’s refreshing, things are different. 

I’ll reiterate that Hurney would be a good hire. As GM with little else added, nah it’s GM window dressing.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Maybe yesterday was for hiring, today is the domino effect firings. Wonder if people are about to be let go?

This will be an interesting situation to see unfold, we’re told Rivera wants people to challenge him, as soon as Hurney was released from CAR he was instantly touted as coming here. Predictably it looks like he is. Let’s have a move that makes you think, hell yes that’s refreshing, things are different. 

I’ll reiterate that Hurney would be a good hire. As GM with little else added, nah it’s GM window dressing.

You've probably seen my post.  I was wanting a young up and coming person (Cowden/Schoen) to take over and Hurney be a Senoir Advisor but now that Hurney is being touted as the new GM.  I think his tenure here is short.  I think they are trying to convince Cowden to come in as Asst. GM or they might give that title to Eric Stokes.  One of those young minds to learn under Hurney while he's hear for a short time.  My goodness, he's pushing 70!   That's getting up there for a GM.  I think this is what's holding things up.   Thoughts welcomed.  :)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I think they are trying to convince Cowden to come in as Asst. GM or they might give that title to Eric Stokes.  One of those young minds to learn under Hurney while he's hear for a short time

Honestly, in that example they should just make Cowden GM and Hurney a Senior FO Advisor by title.

• Like 2

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Honestly, in that example they should just make Cowden GM and Hurney a Senior FO Advisor by title.

I agree and they would work perfectly together as Cowden was with the Panthers for 16 years before he left for the last 6 to Tennessee.  He and Hurney know each other well.  

• Like 1

I am sure Hurney is the safe pick for Riverboat Ron but he was not the best pick.

So now they are both tied together and if Hurney screws up then Rivera has no one to blame but himself.

Hope they can be successful.  I would have picked someone who was a rising star like Kyle Smith who being

younger would stay with the franchise for a long time as long as the Danny did not interfere.

Right down the road in Philadelphia they have another owner who thinks he is the General Manager and I am

confident they will pick the wrong Head Coach to replace Petersen.  They plan to interview 15 coaching candidates.

56 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The HC hiring the GM and building his front office is bizarre.  A GM should be hiring and organizing his own front office at the very least.

That boat sailed a year ago. It got us last season's run to the playoffs, so I'm okay with missing that boat and riding the riverboat instead.

Edited by NickyJ