Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Are you this miserable in real life 

hahaha

I'm not "miserable" because I don't like a specific person who's wronged people I know and love. I don't spend my days throwing darts at Redskins pictures. I just want things to transpire so that this bad man doesn't continue to own the team I grew up loving. 

33 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I mentioned last week that I didn't want the team to win the division. Nothing against the players or coaches, but all this does is allow Snyder to print the t-shirts and claim "culture change" for a couple years. His 3 division titles have shared 3 characteristics...

1) Down year for the division

2) Require a fortunate second-half surge (started 3-6 in 2012, started 5-7 in 2015, and started 2-7 in 2020)

3) Generally mark the high-water mark of the coach's tenure

We will see about #3, but I hate that Snyder can now massage the numbers to claim something like "we've won 3 of the last 8 division titles in the East" to distract from his horrible leadership and predatory nature. 

I agree with you--but I am going to go there....

THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!

You're absolutely right on all accounts except one: Snyder can claim culture change all he wants, but no one is going to believe him for a lick. Every single person knows who is responsible: Ron Rivera. Every player mentions Rivera and the culture he established--no one, and I mean NO ONE, mentions Snyder. The biggest thing is Rivera is in charge--he doesn't have to deal with the political, bootlicking sycophant: either Allen or Cerrato. Now, if Snyder can remain absent is TBD. All likelihood he won't be--he'll get his grubby hands in and still insist on ****ty quarterbacks. But for now, this is different.

19 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

hahaha

I'm not "miserable" because I don't like a specific person who's wronged people I know and love. I don't spend my days throwing darts at Redskins pictures. I just want things to transpire so that this bad man doesn't continue to own the team I grew up loving. 

Ah, I see you're the latest victim of "You must be miserable because...", a famous line around these parts.

Because if you're not all roses, you must have a Dan Snyder voodoo doll and spend every waking hour fantasizing of his demise.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Are you this miserable in real life 

He's right though, great to make the playoffs, but unfortunately if Snyder doesnt sell the team it means that after this season the franchise will continue to descend into and live in the abyss owned and run by a man that I wont give any money to.  I 100% will not financially support a guy as evil as he is so none of my kids will grow up with gear until/if hes gone no matter how many playoffs he lucks into.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Interesting actually that during Ron’s locker room speech the players interrupted and said they had brought him a game ball from Snyder and presented it to him. 

I didn't find that particularly interesting at all.  What were they supposed to do - not give him the game ball and pretend the interaction didn't happen?  

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I agree with you--but I am going to go there....

THIS TIME IT'S DIFFERENT!!!!!!

You're absolutely right on all accounts except one: Snyder can claim culture change all he wants, but no one is going to believe him for a lick. Every single person knows who is responsible: Ron Rivera. Every player mentions Rivera and the culture he established--no one, and I mean NO ONE, mentions Snyder. The biggest thing is Rivera is in charge--he doesn't have to deal with the political, bootlicking sycophant: either Allen or Cerrato. Now, if Snyder can remain absent is TBD. All likelihood he won't be--he'll get his grubby hands in and still insist on ****ty quarterbacks. But for now, this is different.

That's fair. I certainly have thought that before, so I can't mock people for thinking it now. I thought Allen was a good hire when it happened...it's only after a few years that it became clear he was an enabler. We shall see...

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ah, I see you're the latest victim of "You must be miserable because...", a famous line around these parts.

Because if you're not all roses, you must have a Dan Snyder voodoo doll and spend every waking hour fantasizing of his demise.  

Yep, heaven forbid I don't completely ignore all the criminal and predatory behavior of a bad man simply because he bought the team I grew up rooting for. I suppose if Osama Bin Laden had purchased the Redskins in 1999, we'd have to excuse any of his bad behavior too because...well...#HTTR!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yep, heaven forbid I don't completely ignore all the criminal and predatory behavior of a bad man simply because he bought the team I grew up rooting for. I suppose if Osama Bin Laden had purchased the Redskins in 1999, we'd have to excuse any of his bad behavior too because...well...#HTTR!!

Right.

I have been rooting for this team, as I have all along, because I am and have been a fan of many of the coaches and players on this team.  It's not their fault the organization they work for is ran by a tiny man with big issues.  But I totally get how Dan's connection to the team can turn someone off to the extent that it's hard to root for them, because you know a win for them is also a win for Dan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't find that particularly interesting at all.  What were they supposed to do - not give him the game ball and pretend the interaction didn't happen?  

Let me be clear...he's allowed to do whatever he wants. He owns the team. I just think it's yet another situation where someone will come in, take his money, claim things are different, and then ultimately leave in 3-4 years with a losing record. Snyder will say that he put his trust in the wrong guy (again). 

• Like 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Right.

I have been rooting for this team, as I have all along, because I am and have been a fan of many of the coaches and players on this team.  It's not their fault the organization they work for is ran by a tiny man with big issues.  But I totally get how Dan's connection to the team can turn someone off to the extent that it's hard to root for them, because you know a win for them is also a win for Dan.

Thanks. I overlooked all the BS until this summer. So, I understand how a fan can divorce himself from Snyder while still supporting the on-field product. But, it's too much now. So, I'm impatiently waiting for the day he's no longer involved so I can return. :)

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Let me be clear...he's allowed to do whatever he wants. He owns the team. I just think it's yet another situation where someone will come in, take his money, claim things are different, and then ultimately leave in 3-4 years with a losing record. Snyder will say that he put his trust in the wrong guy (again). 

That's the safe bet to take for sure.

Realistically, the only way Ron survives Ashburn, is if he continues to over produce.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That's the safe bet to take for sure.

Realistically, the only way Ron survives Ashburn, is if he continues to over produce.  

One of my worries is expectations will be jacked up through the roof next year--because we won the division. No one will stop and think about HOW we won the division. This team is still a ways off from being a legitimate contender.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No it’s the fact that Snyder actually stayed out of it.  If that was Jerry he’s personally delivering. Snyder actually stepped back and let the team have their moment and gave the proper congrats but giving him the game ball which Ron absolutely deserves  for this year. 

• Like 1

You know the Skins won the division in 99, Dan's first year. Any success in the Rivera era will be in spite of Dan. Rivera went 15-1 after winning the division with a losing record the previous year. Losing the Superbowl that year.  If we get a decent QB, I am bullish about 21.

Whatever happens to Danny will take 2-3 years and it will not be pretty; if it leads to him selling.

2 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

No it’s the fact that Snyder actually stayed out of it.  If that was Jerry he’s personally delivering. Snyder actually stepped back and let the team have their moment and gave the proper congrats but giving him the game ball which Ron absolutely deserves  for this year. 

I was thinking there was some covid protocol involved with Dan not being in there.

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

One of my worries is expectations will be jacked up through the roof next year--because we won the division. No one will stop and think about HOW we won the division. This team is still a ways off from being a legitimate contender.

Even though I'm optimistic, just looking at the schedule, I wouldnt be able to predict better than 9-8 or 10-7 (if there are indeed 17 games).

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I was thinking there was some covid protocol involved with Dan not being in there.

Regardless...it really doesn't matter. He is capable of making some of the right decisions without changing overall. And, even if he is a changed man this time, it might be too late. Some of the things coming out about previous years might cut his ownership short. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know much about Jimmy Raye III ?

According to this writer, he is the presumed replacement for Kyle Smith, if or when Kyle departs.

He sounds more like a NASCAR driver than an NFL Personnel guy. And his recent history working in Detroit does not evoke any confidence for me.

@Skinsinparadise ?

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-at-all-ongoing-head-coach-and-gm-searches

"If Kyle Smith -- the top personnel man since Bruce Allen's departure -- heads elsewhere, Washington could add another veteran personnel man such as Jimmy Raye III."

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

4 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

And our schedule is absolutely brutal next year: saints, bucs, Seahawks, chiefs, packers etc.   That's what finishing in 1st will get you.  At least we have 6 very winnable games vs our divisional opponents, and they all have to play kc, saints and bucs too.

However, we could make a case that we can improve as much as anyone next year, considering our limitations on offense.  Hopefully we have another great off-season.  Last off-season was as good as any in recent memory.  Let's do it again.

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Does anyone know much about Jimmy Raye III ?

According to this writer, he is the presumed replacement for Kyle Smith, if or when Kyle departs.

https://www.nfl.com/news/a-look-at-all-ongoing-head-coach-and-gm-searches

"If Kyle Smith -- the top personnel man since Bruce Allen's departure -- heads elsewhere, Washington could add another veteran personnel man such as Jimmy Raye III."

I don’t think he’s the presumed replacement, that is just a very speculative article.

• Like 2