Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

6 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Whatever happened to Doug Williams?  Is he still even employed by the team?   Demoted into purgatory somewhere once Ron was hired?

He’s in charge of player development and support inside the building, we shouldn’t  really be hearing from him. So I guess most recently he’s been failing at helping to keep Haskins hungry and engaged. 

On 10/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, Skin'emAlive said:

I’m not ok with the name change in general. The fact that the dogs were called off on every other native affiliation in sports only strengthens my opinion there. 

But like many, I’m just trying to accept this situation and make the best of it. As long as the new name/logo doesn’t end up a travesty ( see: Wizards). I like the redwolves. And I personally think Wright will do right by the fans. He’s a good dude. 

Well, then I say we go back to our roots and become the Braves...since no one has a problem with that...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Exactly right. Nothing changes at a macro level until Snyder is forced to sell. 

That day would bring me an emotion that I haven’t felt since my first born... But it’s merely a pipe dream.

that being said, it seems very clear that things have changed, at least temporarily. Snyder was scared straight and seems to have done everything above and beyond to be change his ways and in a way, become less unlikeable. 

he’s tricked us before, we’re a jaded fan base, but whatever is happening with team feels very different.

4 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Whatever happened to Doug Williams?  Is he still even employed by the team?   Demoted into purgatory somewhere once Ron was hired?

I thought it was pretty obvious at the time that they didn’t want to fire him so he was reassigned.  I will give Doug this, he was dropping nuggets about Haskins work ethic last  year on numerous occasions.  Without actually saying “this kids not doing enough”.  It appears he was shooting it straight in that regard.

• Like 1

It’s not possible for Snyder to become “less unlikable”, he’s crossed a point of no return no matter what he does. He can disappear and be ignored AT BEST, and that’s IF the team improves and becomes watchable for years on end. 

• Like 3

Been a fan for.....a few years now.It has been a tough time to be a Redskin fan. Hope that doesn't lead to a ban.Patience is a hard thing.Trying to remember that we are building more than a team we are re-building an organization.Let's not get caught up attempting to catch lightening in a bottle but be regularly competitive. IIRC even Joe Gibbs had a very rough start. Then he made adjustments to the talent he already had. Pray that YOUNG TURNER can do the same and that COACH let's him learn. Trust and growth take time.

14 hours ago, CTskin said:

That day would bring me an emotion that I haven’t felt since my first born... But it’s merely a pipe dream.

that being said, it seems very clear that things have changed, at least temporarily. Snyder was scared straight and seems to have done everything above and beyond to be change his ways and in a way, become less unlikeable. 

he’s tricked us before, we’re a jaded fan base, but whatever is happening with team feels very different.

I would guess that all he's doing is using shields...it's what he's always done. Rather than ever truly change anything he's merely making moves that he thinks help his PR or cover up the rot of other decisions. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I would guess that all he's doing is using shields ...

from what i've seen/heard/read ...  absolutely no way Jason Wright allows himself to be used as a "shield" ... by anybody.  

he's way too smart/impressive/accomplished. 

ditto for Rivera.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 09 said:

from what i've seen/heard/read ...  absolutely no way Jason Wright allows himself to be used as a "shield" ... by anybody.  

he's way too smart/impressive/accomplished. 

ditto for Rivera.

I don't believe it's always a conspiracy with the shields themselves, although I think that happens too. Wright very well might be qualified for the job, but that doesn't mean that Snyder didn't have ulterior motives when he hired a black guy. Same with Rivera. Same with Donaldson. 

It seems far too coincidental to me that we have a minority coach and president and a female VP all added in the last year right as this sexism/racism talk was coming...

Again, it's not a knock on the individuals but rather the man hiring them. I also think we've heard many times over the past 20 years that <insert big-name guy> wouldn't allow himself to be shield for a punk like Danny. However, we have torn through some pretty established and respected people through the years (Marty, Gibbs, Shanahan, LaFemina to name a few). 

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Wright very well might be qualified for the job, but that doesn't mean that Snyder didn't have ulterior motives when he hired a black guy.

Same with Rivera.

Same with Donaldson. 

fair enough. 

just believe that Wright and Rivera went in with eyes wide open ... fully cognizant of the history ... and wouldn't expose themselves like that.

neither was hard up for a job ... rivera had multiple opportunities.  i believe they have full control. 

21 minutes ago, 09 said:

fair enough. 

just believe that Wright and Rivera went in with eyes wide open ... fully cognizant of the history ... and wouldn't expose themselves like that.

neither was hard up for a job ... rivera had multiple opportunities.  i believe they have full control. 

I believe they have the control that's been reported too. That's not what I mean by them being shields. I'm referring to Snyder's motivations for hiring them. I also believe Marty had control...until he didn't. Shanahan had control...until he didn't. That's how it tends to work here. 

And though Rivera likely would have gotten another job, I don't think Jason Wright was juggling multiple NFL team president job offers when he was quietly hired out of the blue in the midst of the "racist name" spring/summer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm referring to Snyder's motivations for hiring them. I also believe Marty had control...until he didn't. Shanahan had control...until he didn't. That's how it tends to work here. 

Edited by 09

On 10/30/2020 at 12:57 AM, HanburgerHelper55 said:

Been a fan for.....a few years now.It has been a tough time to be a Redskin fan. Hope that doesn't lead to a ban.Patience is a hard thing.Trying to remember that we are building more than a team we are re-building an organization.Let's not get caught up attempting to catch lightening in a bottle but be regularly competitive. IIRC even Joe Gibbs had a very rough start. Then he made adjustments to the talent he already had. Pray that YOUNG TURNER can do the same and that COACH let's him learn. Trust and growth take time.

Do you have a drinking problem yet?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

Ron does a lot of spitting during his press conferences. Is that a result of the treatment? No biggie, but just never seen that before.

'

I had asked about this a few weeks back and someone said it very well could be due to the treatments

1 minute ago, Makaveli said:

I’m sorry but it’s like that every year. New coach. New culture. “Change”.

Same owner.

When will it result in continued success on the field?

You mean like Dallas? There are many regimes that come in and lose the locker room immediately. The team staying together and positive is important. 

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

^^ God that was stupid.

I think JDR is in a deep, dark corner of a deep dark forest and reacted emotionally.  I'm sure he's had a tough week, and then to have his defense gashed...

"DON'T CLICK SEND" Needs to be the motto for this organization, top to bottom. 

Take your whiny butt somewhere. You’re not the boss of us.

• Haha 3

I just don't really care about sports figures political opinions, I know that's just me, but if you’re a dyed-in-the-wool Trumper, or give 30% to the American Communist Party. Get off the field on third down.

That being said "you're not the boss of me' is some funny ****

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 2