Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 hours ago, bh32 said:

Fair enough..just like we don't know the posters on this very board who are accusing Dan of sexual harassment aren't actual pervs or sexual offenders themselves or have never made a comment about a woman..I guarantee everyone on this board has made a sexual comment about a women in there head or out loud..Everyone has done or said stupid **** at one point in there lives..Were talking 16 years ago that Dan made a comment to a cheerleader.. 

Oh please..im not boosting ****..get off your high horse..tell me you never talked **** to woman so i can call you a ****ing liar

per the first group of highlighted text----i see scrambled and scattered reactivity, really 

i know the---imo weak, and more of a deflection---point you're trying to make and i think your actual product ended up going past weak and into pathetic---i may detail how later but probably not

some of your other posts on this leave me with a similarly low opinion of your thinking on the matter...much of your commentary here comes off as emo-driven defensiveness and biased agenda and not much in the objectively analytical direction...but that's just my member opinion of that stuff 

per the last highlighted section as a mod---you've had several rule violations from several mods on this acct and this one will be another rule 5 violation...i really suggest you make sure that your posting in the future doesn't violate any rule or guideline again

of course you're free to post your views as much as you like, otherwise, regardless of my or any other member's opinions of their merit....just avoid any more violations

in that regard, and as an act of charity to your benefit since i expect you're unaware that replying to the mod directive part of my post here in the thread would be a rule violation, don't do that

read the rules to see what you or any member should do instead in such circumstance if needed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brettstr said:

So there are some here that take the cynical route. How shameful is it for Tonya to be the ride and die for her man and Help protect the families legacy. How dare she. Some of you need to wise up. 

Notice I did not use profanity. Thats what you call self control. Use It.

i've read your posts...you telling anyone else here they need to wise up is very misplaced

i'd be cautious with such were i you, particularly given the content you actually bring to the table

that's what you call advice---use it 

but i'll avoid making a deal about the single example of selective capitalization :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@JumboUsually over the years I read your posts and discover a point of view I hadn’t previously thought of, and appreciate it. This time (in your member opinion portion of course), I have to say that you said exactly what I wished to find the words to say, gracias. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, I am still shocked people want to defend Snyder. Really, what for? What has he done to earn your loyalty? Those 3 10-6 seasons? 5 playoff appearances in 21 years, and 2 playoff wins?

At this point, it has to simply be stubbornness.  When you've spend decades defending the dude, I guess the thought is to simply go down with the ship.  And even if the ship goes down, pretend it was unfair that the ship went down.  Like politics, only football.

37 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Honestly, I am still shocked people want to defend Snyder. Really, what for? What has he done to earn your loyalty? Those 3 10-6 seasons? 5 playoff appearances in 21 years, and 2 playoff wins?

For me, i definitely won’t defend him as an owner, i know he’s a completely terrible one, and there’s simply too many stories out there to defend him as a human as well. 

with that being said, I’ve had nice interactions with him and his family, he’s always treated me nicely, although i understand 100% that that doesn’t mean much at all.  And I’m definitely not going to go out of my way to tell anyone “no, he’s a GREAT guy!”. Cause that would be stupid 😂 

i do hope the league suspends him or  forces him to sell the team. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

There are a lot of people who still think we've been a middle-of-the-pack team record-wise during Snyder's ownership.

Then you look at the overall W-L record over the duration and we are like 5th or 6th worse. No, we are not in Browns and Lions territory in terms of being awful, but we're close. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

In the past I hoped for the best with him because, in my opinion, the most direct way to my team getting better was Snyder figuring out how to improve. But, these latest realizations have me unconcerned with the football aspect of things. I don't care anymore if he becomes the model NFL owner as far as running the football side. I cannot support a man who either allows or directs nude videos to be produced of his employees and attempts to encourage employees to sleep with his friends. I'm done until he's done. 

The inverse is true too...we could replace him with a good person who is somehow even a worse football owner and I'll blindly root for the team and hope each day that he/she improves as an owner. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The inverse is true too...we could replace him with a good person who is somehow even a worse football owner and I'll blindly root for the team and hope each day that he/she improves as an owner. 

I certainly understand that mindset--Snyder is a real piece of ****. But finding an NFL team or owner who isn't a real piece of **** is like finding a needle in a haystack. So I root for the players, and we have some real likable players. I root for Ron Rivera. I root for Kyle Smith, Jason Wright. I try and find the good, and hope the league will do what needs to be done. Ok, stop laughing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I certainly understand that mindset--Snyder is a real piece of ****. But finding an NFL team or owner who isn't a real piece of **** is like finding a needle in a haystack. So I root for the players, and we have some real likable players. I root for Ron Rivera. I root for Kyle Smith, Jason Wright. I try and find the good, and hope the league will do what needs to be done. Ok, stop laughing.

I can't laugh because I've done the exact same thing until about 2 weeks ago...I get it. I just can't feel OK about rooting for the team owned by him. I don't care that he's a dick. I don't care that he has an ego. I don't care that he's a nerd. I care about the criminal and predatory actions that came to light just recently. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

There are a lot of people who still think we've been a middle-of-the-pack team record-wise during Snyder's ownership.

Then you look at the overall W-L record over the duration and we are like 5th or 6th worse. No, we are not in Browns and Lions territory in terms of being awful, but we're close. 

I compared us to the entire league in a post I made, probably 2-3 years ago.  We were near the bottom.

• Sad 1

I think it is likely true that all NFL owners (probably all billionaires) are dirty in some way and have some shady or immoral/ruthless business practices.  I can live with that.  I can't abide the kind of sexual exploitation, harassment, misogyny, and predatory behavior that Dan has obviously cultivated in his organization.  I hope that this kind of garbage behavior is rare in other organizations, at least to this degree.  Perhaps I'm wrong, but this feels like a real outlier for truly gross behavior.  

The final straw for me was Snyder's pathetic and tone-deaf response where he took responsibility, denied responsibility, attacked the reporting, and attacked the victims. 

I can't wait for him to be gone.   

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I can't laugh because I've done the exact same thing until about 2 weeks ago...I get it. I just can't feel OK about rooting for the team owned by him. I don't care that he's a dick. I don't care that he has an ego. I don't care that he's a nerd. I care about the criminal and predatory actions that came to light just recently. 

I don't blame anyone for leaving, honestly. The League will protect it's own--Snyder will get a slap-on-the-wrist suspension. That's about it--and Goodell will be seen for what he is--a spineless puppet the league pays $40m/yr to dance. If I'm a real scumbag owner, and they don't discipline Snyder beyond a suspension--I know I am untouchable. If they league won't sanction the worst of them, someone who has no allies--someone who is generally detested by his peers, then I have no fear. I can do pretty much whatever I want. That's the other message this is sending. They're worried about the hangman coming for them--but they're doing the complete opposite. They're sending a message--"Pfft, it's fine. You really don't have to worry about real consequences!"

4 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

The final straw for me was Snyder's pathetic and tone-deaf response where he took responsibility, denied responsibility, attacked the reporting, and attacked the victims. 

And then attempted to take credit for handing the investigation over to the NFL...

• Like 2

There really is not much to defend. I will continue to support the team, and based off what we know right now I see little to no chance that Snyder is removed from his position. That is about all there is to it for me.

Even though as a Zombie I can choose to fight and die on multiple hills, I don’t see a path to daylight at the end of this boot Snyder warpath.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

There really is not much to defend. I will continue to support the team, and based off what we know right now I see little to no chance that Snyder is removed from his position. That is about all there is to it for me.

Even though as a Zombie I can choose to fight and die on multiple hills, I don’t see a path to daylight at the end of this boot Snyder warpath.

I think there's a pretty good shot he's forced out by either sponsors pulling out, other owners being sick of the headache, etc. He has 50ish females now alleging that discrimination or harassment of some sort. He also has a criminal charge of distributing nude videos of women against their consent. There are also aggressive and high-powered attorneys repping these women. 

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think that's exactly how Snyder and his supporters think. They don't HAVE to earn our loyalty because we keep coming back every year for the same abuse. It wouldn't surprise me if the editor for the WFTE1932 2020 Media Guide is writing this as we speak, since the bar is so low:

"Under Snyder's competent leadership over the last 21 years, the team has had three 10-6 seasons, nine non-losing seasons, 5 playoff appearances and 2 playoff victories."

My guess is the NFL wraps up its investigation before kickoff on the 13th...nothing to see here folks, move along. The other owners are probably guilty of similar things and don't want too much light to shine on this issue. At the most he gets suspended for a year.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think there's a pretty good shot he's forced out

I don’t think the lawyers are much of a threat. Whoever those lawyers are, they will not be as big and bad as the ones employed by Snyder. He will have the best available.

I doubt we see a mass exodus of sponsors either. If the sponsors were going to pull, they likely would have done so by now. No need to wait for accusation 51.

The other owners will not vote him out. No NFL owner has ever been voted out. The other owners will never do something that will collectively make themselves more vulnerable.

I don’t believe he can be pressured to sell. He has already faced and resisted this pressure from his own people for some time.

Without something new, or something we don’t know about yet, we simply are not at the tipping point in terms of giving Snyder the boot. Maybe the investigation changes that, but I’m not sure what that can tell us that all these women have not already. The longer this takes, the better this is for Snyder as well. Without more gasoline on the fire, there just is not enough here at this point.

It is going to require something bigger to force Snyder out. I’m talking zombie apocalypse big.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I don’t think the lawyers are much of a threat. Whoever those lawyers are, they will not be as big and bad as the ones employed by Snyder. He will have the best available.

I doubt we see a mass exodus of sponsors either. If the sponsors were going to pull, they likely would have done so by now. No need to wait for accusation 51.

The other owners will not vote him out. No NFL owner has ever been voted out. The other owners will never do something that will collectively make themselves more vulnerable.

I don’t believe he can be pressured to sell. He has already faced and resisted this pressure from his own people for some time.

Without something new, or something we don’t know about yet, we simply are not at the tipping point in terms of giving Snyder the boot. Maybe the investigation changes that, but I’m not sure what that can tell us that all these women have not already. The longer this takes, the better this is for Snyder as well. Without more gasoline on the fire, there just is not enough here at this point.

It is going to require something bigger to force Snyder out. I’m talking zombie apocalypse big.

I disagree...the woman representing 5+ cheerleaders about the video is famous for cases just like this. She's won her clients hundreds of millions of dollars over the past 50ish years. And, the sponsors threatened to pull out over the name and I'd say that the visibility on sexism is just as front and center as racism. 

You cannot ignore 50ish former employees with similar complaints, the criminal activity of creating at least 1 nude video, and the other allegation of pimping the other girl out. It's pretty ugly if you take a step back and divorce yourself from being a fan. If you saw this about the CEO of a company or airline it would be gigantic. 

22 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Its not being ignored, and it is a gigantic story. Bigger than that one time someone saw a Zombie ignore a fresh brain just sitting on the sidewalk.  

I find it hard to believe that all this is enough to remove an owner however.

If this is indeed enough, why have the sponsors not pulled yet? What more do they need to hear?

Why has there been no owner vote? What more do they need to see?

If this was enough, something would have happened by now, but no real domino has fallen.

I think you are looking at this like Snyder is someone who can simply be fired. He can’t. He is far more entrenched as an owner than the CEO of any company. It takes a lot more to remove him from his post. I don’t deny the situation’s ugliness, but I fail to see any real tangible actions that have been taken that can lead to Snyder’s removal.  

Many owner’s have had criminal cases against them. Many owners currently are on trial for cases. Many owners were guilty. Many owners kept their teams. There is not a lot different in this scenario.

Owners have had to pay large sums of money for their crimes. That is nothing new either.

The only way this dude leaves is if every sponsor pulls, or he does/did something personally that is so bad every owner can have a vote w/ complete impunity. Seeing as how the sponsors have yet to drop, and there is no discussion of a vote… I see no removal on the horizon.

If we learn more or a domino falls, sure a pathway opens up, but that has yet to happen.