Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

So it's looking more n more like b Allen went running his mouth about stuff..

Did anyone else think the firing of allen was..kinda odd?..not that he was fired but how it was done..to me at the time it's like snyder wanted to but didnt at the same time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Unless Rivera is part of the ownership group, he’s probably gone after 2021.

Dan is forced to sell later this year or early next year. The new owner is approved by next spring. Rivera would have to probably win a playoff in 2021; in order to be retained beyond 2021. New owner will eventually want his own guy.

I think we can write off 2020 and if there’s an ownership change; Rivera probably isn’t long for being our head coach.

If those leaks are true; there’s no way Dan Snyder survives this.

Meh, I think Rivera is exactly the sort of solid dude that could link up with a new owner, get them to buy in, and be seen as a good steward at least for a few years of stability. Then it's fair game like you said. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't personally think that's a possibility at all. Or if it is, it's an EXTREMELY dim one. There's no way he resigns that abruptly just before training camp starts and then gets ZERO mention from the team for his years of service. I've also seen it mentioned in some these tweets from the "insiders" that he IS involved related to sexual misconduct, so we'll see. But there's no way he's not involved in this in some way, imo. 

Could be. There’s also the chance the team forced him to retire and paid him to keep his mouth shut.

Lots of possibilities.

Edited by KDawg

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

That Hogs Haven link, that guy Harrison Weinhold seems to know what's up.  If all of that is true, it's certainly bad but I am not sure if it is bad enough to force Snyder out.  

My take is if Harrison's story is true, which is wild, Dan is toast.  

Dan is so reclusive that it's hard to know whats up with him.   But the picture has been painted by others and even touched on by some insiders here that there was a lot of drinking going on at Redskins Park on a regular basis and Dan being a part of that.  I've heard Sheehan say multiple times that he's heard stories about what goes on behind the scenes there (involving Dan) and would say things are even worse than what was public (he didn't insinuate any of the current rumors though) but just that there was a lot of dysfunction behind the scenes.

My point is it would be hard for me to believe that Dan was holed off in his mansion and knew nothing about any of this.  Again if true. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

So will the new team name be waiting for Snyder to get removed? I’m not sure the league would approve a name change pending litigation. And maybe all the “trademark” talk was code for “Snyder won’t be the owner for long so we’ll pretend this is in trademark hell.”

Also explains why a new name wasn’t presented (aside from any real trademark issues)

Im going to point it out again, but this team hired its HC and it still doesn’t have a GM or Owner. Is there any team that has a HC currently functioning as the highest in the hierarchy that’s going to be around for more than a few months?

Yes I said that in the name thread. I see us being ‘Washington’ from now for a few months until Dan is out. No way he’s picking a name.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Your comment stated “another white guy hating black people I’m shocked”

Race has nothing to do with this.

Poor poo poo.

Your feelings got hurt? It was a hypo ?, 

Just breath in slowly, now breath out slowly. Now take the blue pill and it will all be ok.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Oh you want facts. You’re in the wrong place for that :ols:

Nah I been here too long to expect that haha. But I hate the race card with nothing backing it up just thrown on the thread by someone that just pops in to the discussion.  There’s tons of other issues that are well noted that have much more fire there. 

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

So it's looking more n more like b Allen went running his mouth about stuff..

Did anyone else think the firing of allen was..kinda odd?..not that he was fired but how it was done..to me at the time it's like snyder wanted to but didnt at the same time.

Given how many bridges were burned during Allen's run and how everyone who left had to leave under a thick coat of mud it really wouldn't surprise me if Allen is the leaker/whistleblower/rat.

It seems to be his MO.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

J No can’t act like he was mistreated unless I’m missing something.  He’s not here anymore because he wasn’t effective.  End of story.

Huh? No one has said anything about players being mistreated. But it's likely lots of ex-players know at least some details of how things were here (or participated). It doesn't really matter if they were good or paid well. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Could be. There’s also the chance the team forced him to retire and paid him to keep his mouth shut.

Lots if possibilities.

I think if they were worried about him saying things, they would've given him some fanfare on the way out. The fact that not a single word was said points to him being part of the issue and Dan wanting to distance himself as much as possible from the people who are about to be hit hard. Hopefully he's unsuccessful in that, as whatever has been going on, I'm absolutely certain he's known about it and had a hand in it. Too many stories I've heard over the years. I've said it before: He's a horrible human being, and his stink permeates the entire culture there. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Poor poo poo.

Your feelings got hurt? It was a hypo ?, 

Just breath in slowly, now breath out slowly. Now take the blue pill and it will all be ok.

How about not being the guy that jumps into the thread to throw the race card with no other statements to back it up?  Sound good?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I don't personally think that's a possibility at all. Or if it is, it's an EXTREMELY dim one. There's no way he resigns that abruptly just before training camp starts and then gets ZERO mention from the team for his years of service. I've also seen it mentioned in some these tweets from the "insiders" that he IS involved related to sexual misconduct, so we'll see. But there's no way he's not involved in this in some way, imo. 

I get your point but I don't know if we can say right now anything is for certain.  Santos was fired.  Larry quit.  Maybe the distinctions means nothing.  Or maybe it does.  Will see.

• Like 1

It’s lose-lose for Snyder.

Either he’s involved. Bad.

If you wanna go with he’s holed up in his wherever and has no idea what’s going on, he’s incompetent. You have no business owning a professional sports team if you let gross misconduct occur because of your ignorance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Snyder can’t recover from this. No way. The story hasn’t been released but the tip of the iceberg is damaging enough.

This legal wrangling is about people preserving individual reputations. 

Bigger picture, Snyder is done as the head of this organisation. We have marginal to poor credibility at the best of times. 

Fans, sponsors, etc. They will not be appeased by just a name change anymore.

Thats my take. He’s toast.

No, that is what we are hoping for. 

Don't get me wrong, I want Snyder out as much as anyone else.  I don't think he will willfully sell the team.  The question becomes is there enough dirt here for the NFL and the owners to force him out like the NBA did with Donald Sterling?

Sterling said some racist stuff and when a lot of your players and fans are African American....well, they weren't happy.  And they were starting to apply pressure.  So much so, IIRC, that they were going to boycott and not play games.  Adam Silver, the commish, came in and laid it down, kicked Sterling out.  As best as he could, he got ahead of it and acted swiftly before the situation got out of hand.

This situation here for the...RedTails, Redwolves, Warriors, football club, whatever...it is starting to reek of sexual misconduct, abuse, which is terrible stuff.  But I don't necessarily see the players lining up and saying "we're not going to play for this guy's team as long as he's owner," if this is the case.  

Now, especially with BLM and the current racial climate we're in...if there's racism involved, I can easily see players boycotting, not showing up to camp, etc.  And that would make it easy for the NFL to swoop in and force Dan to sell. 

The NFL has certainly bungled conduct issues in recent years, they might have a chance to swoop in here and axe Snyder and come off looking good, which I think will be part of what they're thinking...the NFL wants to look good, protect the shield, etc.  But, IMO, a lot of this will also come down to if Snyder is liked in the owners circle.  Everyone in the DMV hates Snyder, there's no doubt about that, but do the other owners like him?  We know he's buddy-buddy with Jerry Jones, is Jerruh gonna try to go to bat for Danny in front of the rest of the owners?  The NFL owners group is a boys club, it seems.  How much do they look out for their own?

We can all sit here and say he's toast, but again that's what we're all hoping for.  We're all hoping for whatever this is, that it's enough to force Dan out.  But the NFL has shot itself in the foot over conduct issues in the past, there's no telling if they'll get this right or not.

Fingers crossed that Snyder is gone but...I dunno, I can see him weaseling his way out, maintaining ownership, weathering the storm and still being owner just the same.

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

How about not being the guy that jumps into the thread to throw the race card with no other statements to back it up?  Sound good?

Thank you..its as bad as folks not proof reading before posting..wait..

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I think if they were worried about him saying things, they would've given him some fanfare on the way out. The fact that not a single word was said points to him being part of the issue and Dan wanting to distance himself as much as possible from the people who are about to be hit hard. Hopefully he's unsuccessful in that, as whatever has been going on, I'm absolutely certain he's known about it and had a hand in it. Too many stories I've heard over the years. I've said it before: He's a horrible human being, and his stink permeates the entire culture there. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Could have had him sign a NDA.

Id just be careful with accusing anyone of these things. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Huh? No one has said anything about players being mistreated. But it's likely lots of ex-players know at least some details of how things were here (or participated). It doesn't really matter if they were good or paid well. 

He seems bitter about “what’s done in the dark comes to the light.”  He could have left it at no comment or said nothing.  Seems like a parting shot.

I've heard stories re: Snyder. Absolutely bizarre ****. I even had conversations with some media folks about these stories when I have seen them out in the wild and they aren't denied. If anyone knows or has ever engaged with anyone that has worked in or around Ashburn, these things are well known.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Given how many bridges were burned during Allen's run and how everyone who left had to leave under a thick coat of mud it really wouldn't surprise me if Allen is the leaker/whistleblower/rat.

It seems to be his MO.

Oh... I am completely in agreement that this has Bruce Allen written all over it. Whether or not it does remains to be seen, of course. 

• Like 2