Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get it, but shouldn’t they do this anyway for all stories?  Make sure you got it right? 

regardless, what’s wild is it seems the post leaked the story they we’re working on and everybody started to report on the report.  I don’t know if I’ve seen that before. 

I deal with the media all the time in my businesses and on occasion lawsuits involving my clients.    i am involved in a business where on occasion my client gets threatened to be sued if they put out certain information.

When that happens, you pay more attention because nope you don't just naturally assume lawsuit whenever you bring out a story.  When a lawsuit is threatened, you typically involve your own lawyer to ensure not only that what you are putting out is 100% correct -- but more importantly that its presented in a way where its Fort Knox in the context of a law suit.

I ironically had an exercise of this kind yesterday in a campaign.   We were poised to put out info about an opponent that we knew to be true.  Our opponent is an attorney with a history of suing.   So we had it vetted by an attorney specifically for how it would play out in court.  So we changed the language on it some to make it more bullet proof in court.  And nope that didn't involve making the information more accurate.  It was accurate the way we had it.  But we used language that made it at least in theory really tough to assail if it ever hit the courtroom.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Exactly. If the Post is being this tight lipped, then they didn't leak anything. That's what doesnt make sense- these "journalists" are claiming to know, but saying it's too big for them to leak, and that the WaPo are really protecting the story- if that's the case, why do they know? It's contrary to their very point. 

It seems like a ton of background and research went into this. And since a relationship with local media is a part of the story, is it really that surprising that details or overall knowledge of the story being worked on has made its way around league circles? 

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I've always hated this rumor because Russini seems to be good at her job, and it's so reductive. Did she kinda come flying up out of nowhere with sources within a year or so on either end of the time of that story, and then get the upgrade to a studio gig? Yeah, but it just never felt right believing that, idk. Donaldson has kinda come out of nowhere as one of the most reliable reporters during this regime's short stint so far, and I don't think anyone assumes she's giving hummers for info. 

Just seems wrong. McCloughan's wife seemed kinda nuts (marrying a guy like 20 years older than you who spends 90% of his time wasted or watching film or both might contribute to her seeming crazy, though), but who knows.

I heard at the time directly from some people who had firsthand experience, personally witnessed things and spoke to actual players that the Russini stuff was absolutely true. Heard the same thing about Kelli Johnson years prior. This wasn't just some guyssaying, "Yeah, I bet she did that." It was guys saying in hushed tones, "Yeah, that's absolutely true." None of this is proof of anything. From what I was told, though, and how it was told to me, I've always been inclined to believe it. Absolutely sad if true, as it sets back so many other women who truly care about doing their jobs the right way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

It seems like a ton of background and research went into this. And since a relationship with local media is a part of the story, is it really that surprising that details or overall knowledge of the story being worked on has made its way around league circles? 

of course. But it goes against everything that is news reporting now. Theres definitely a story, but i dont believe its as big as is being insinuated (if it is, its a heck of a lot bigger than just the redskins- its a football story, and possibly a reporting ethics story), nor do i believe these guys know the story at all. If JLC and ethics are part of this as is being rumored, i doubt hed be calling attention to it cryptically or casting dispersions  on the skins themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I heard at the time directly from some people who had firsthand experience, personally witnessed things and spoke to actual players that the Russini stuff was absolutely true. Heard the same thing about Kelli Johnson years prior. This wasn't just some guyssaying, "Yeah, I bet she did that." It was guys saying in hushed tones, "Yeah, that's absolutely true." None of this is proof of anything. From what I was told, though, and how it was told to me, I've always been inclined to believe it. Absolutely sad if true, as it sets back so many other women who truly care about doing their jobs the right way. 

this has long been rumored (and inferred by players and insiders in the locker room). Personally i believe it. If its not true imo, thats worse. Thats just more sexism and toxic masculinity etc. 

40 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

https://undercoverredskinstruth.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/?fbclid=IwAR0ifq5SCAr6IoVBF2Pk2Y3-yD6Ltchp-yabnLanSazLCggIknXW-jkw-Hs

Check out this article.  Talks about Jsteelz, Lavarleap and a lot of those ES insiders.  

The story isn't breaking bc it involves media members. Why would they rat on their own.  It looks like the articles will mention media members hiding stories for access.  I heard it would talk about JLC, Diana Russini at least.  

ES insiders.... wow....

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I get it, but shouldn’t they do this anyway for all stories?  Make sure you got it right? 

When I worked in the media we did. Getting the story right and verifying it to the best degree possible using multiple sourcing (as many as you could get your hands on) was key. There were, however, certain stories that demanded you up your game.

Social media is a double bladed sword. The impetus to break the story has reduced the degree of fact checking because traditional media can never be as fast as twitter or bloggers, however, the safeguards are still there and for many still cared about.

• Like 2

I am not a media member or lawyer but involved in a business that heavily involves both professions.  And i've even had to testify in court before in a scenario.

My take based on all the lawyer talk is it's almost for sure serious at least as to certain parties.  You don't involve lawyers over minor league-trivial stuff.  The big fish that most of us are interested in is Dan.  This doesn't have to mean per se that he's the dude that's on the line here then again he might be.  But just saying where the story might be a let down is let's say it is squarely about Santos or other people who aren't there anymore.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

I really hope people don't forget that Tony Wyllie is working PR for the Special Olympics. Seriously. Our PR guy during all this is the head PR guy for the Special Olympics. **** you world!!!

Edit: Apparently, he's a lot more than just PR. He's the regional president and NA Managing Director. That's insane.

Having worked for Snyder for so long, this was the easiest transition for him 

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So... this team is going to wind up with a head coach who was hired before the owner/GM. That’s new.

Leave it to us to find new and exciting ways to improperly structure an organization!

• Haha 6

I want to know the person who revealed all this that led to the firings? Did Riviera find out and confront Snyder?  Did Snyder even know it or was he told and tried to clear house before everything got the fan? If so who found out and told him?  You can’t tell me all this was going on and the name change caused the whole let’s just fire everyone thing. Clearly this was a separate event going on at the same time. 

Edited by RichmondRedskin88