Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

I was probably the FIRST guy on this board that pushed for redwolves, have been here for 2 decades, and don’t feel like dealing with this. Step aside. 

Hey, no harm meant. I was just pulling your leg on the burner account thing but my attempts at humor are very hit and miss. So you have good standing to oppose me on those grounds alone.

On a more general vein you have a right to your opinion and I respect that right it even if I disagree— which in this case I do. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Someone in that twitter thread claims the Epstein story was planted as a deliberate hoax, so I'd hit the brakes on that one. Guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Planting a worst-case scenario so that any real story released is a let-down in comparison and can't possibly live up to the level of evil rumored is....an interesting yet viable strategy lol. But I don't think Snyder is smart enough to employ any sort of PR strategy like that, it's probably just a dummy who is taking his chance at empty attention and will disappear after. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Epstein scenario seems far fetched, considering nobody else has gone down.  Seems odd that of all people, Dan Snyder would be the first.

My money is on the majority of the front office has been a **** show rampant with debauchery, drugs/alcohol, sexual harassment/assault, things like that.

It’s beyond far fetched imo. We have photos and lists tying people directly to the guy and yet no one has been burned. It’s just people frothing at the mouth to burn it all down. 

I could see your scenario, as that is probably a pretty common scenario in Every billion dollar corporations inner circle. What exactly happened after Kraft got caught getting a tug? How bout Jerry getting oral in an elevator? I just don’t see how this is different if that is that case. 

6 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

It’s beyond far fetched imo. We have photos and lists tying people directly to the guy and yet no one has been burned. It’s just people frothing at the mouth to burn it all down. 

I could see your scenario, as that is probably a pretty common scenario in Every billion dollar corporations inner circle. What exactly happened after Kraft got caught getting a tug? How bout Jerry getting oral in an elevator? I just don’t see how this is different if that is that case. 

Kraft is essentially a beloved pillar of the NFL due to presiding over the biggest dynasty ever, whether they cheated or not he's nearly untouchable. And it's tough to put this delicately, but he has built-in dead wife sympathy, for lack of a more tactful phrasing. People generally like him even if they hate Brady/Belichick. And he's popular with the other owners and grows the brand and the league.

If Snyder got caught in the exact same massage parlor scandal we probably already have a new owner. Not everyone plays by the same rules when you need to be ousted by your fellow owners. Snyder is hated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Epstein scenario seems far fetched, considering nobody else has gone down.  Seems odd that of all people, Dan Snyder would be the first.

My money is on the majority of the front office has been a **** show rampant with debauchery, drugs/alcohol, sexual harassment/assault, things like that.

I bet the secret goings on at Dans yacht (once he gets into international waters where anything goes) makes Smoot’s love boat orgy look like a Catholic elementary school dance.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I kind of agree with all of this (mostly the parts about Bezos the man and businessman, rather than the parts about being sure this is happening--though it's a fair reading of the situation), and yet I don't care as a football fan. That's how much I loathe Snyder and want him gone. 

I am with you.  I don't love everything about Bezos by any stretch.  But I'd put money that he's 50 times more competent than Dan.  It's not a stretch to say Dan might be the worst owner in sports or maybe at best in the top 3 worst.

I just want this team to win.  And it's not like Dan just exudes class, either.  It's been a losing team and has done so somewhat in an ugly fashion.  Under Dan, we haven't been the lovable losers.  

Dan made his money in telcom marketing in the early 1990s.  I've heard some say Dan isn't exactly Mr Tech and doesn't even use email.  We were one of the last teams to embrace analytics.   Every now and then, we talk about copying some other organization for this or that.  How about us being in the forefront for a change on something?  For a dude who is one of the younger owners in the NFL -- Dan hasn't exactly been cutting edge.  Many of his outside business interests have turned up losers. You think of Dan and you don't think winner, innovation, class. 

Bezos is ruthless.  But the dude knows how to win in business.  The company is cutting edge -- very tech, does a lot with the cloud, etc.

I think Bezos or just about any other owner would bring night and day level of competence to this organization versus Dan.   And as for what kind of guy he or someone else is?  It's hard for me to quibble.    Dan isn't exactly bringing warm and fuzzy style class either to this organization.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Facts: 

a. Amazon pulls all redskins merch, helping force the name change 

B. bezos owns Washington post, which has led a campaign against the franchise for years. They tried a polling route before, which turned out in the skins favor. So another method was sought. Now they load up a hit piece at the most opportune time. 

c. minority owners try to convince dan to sell to them, before this news drops 

it’s clear to me, bezos has already lined the minority owners pockets, has backing from other corporate sponsors, and gave dan an ultimatum of : sell to me, or I’ll destroy your rep. 

6EC29EFA-3636-404A-889C-F12E2937517C.gif

• Haha 2

effa5bfd280a07089b4b73be91fb6651.jpg

I don’t know if this is good or bad but according to a guy on twitter with 13 followers a fleet of Mayflower trucks just pulled up to Redskins er make that “Washington football team park”. Snyder’s apparently barking out orders to get everything loaded up so they can peel out before midnight.

/s

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

So we agree on the Epstein angle but as for the rest...

Sure, billionaires do billionaire things.  But Snyder has given you proof time after time after time that he’s an absolute horrendous owner and leader.  It’s never a good time to lump him with a guy like Kraft simply because he got a tug at a massage parlor.  The two men couldn’t be more different.  Snyder wishes the worst thing he’d ever done is be part of a massage parlor sting.  The guy is a walking blooper reel.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

that’s what frustrates me most about all this: the skins were my outlet away from the world.

I often find plunging into the dark side of politics, to reflecting on the sad state of world affairs, or even pondering the inevitable and imminent extinction of the human race by our own hands, to be a refreshing escape from Redskins football 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I don’t know if this is good or bad but according to a guy on twitter with 13 followers a fleet of Mayflower trucks just pulled up to Redskins er make that “Washington football team park”. Snyder’s apparently barking out orders to get everything loaded up so they can peel out before midnight.

/s

🤣  This is utterly ridiculous. But I so want it to be true. 

Please Great Electron Cloud of the Universe, give me Dan Snyder fleeing on the highway in a white Ford Bronco!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nope, not going to derail the thread and I think it was clear 

Fair... as some others pointed out, my timeline isn’t fully accurate. But it’s very much true that a lot of this benefits someone trying to buy the team. And we know he has been interested. It looks suspect to me.