Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I really despise “cancel culture” in general, but it might work in our favor here. Because even if the evidence (whatever it is) isn’t AS bad as they are saying or if it doesn’t 100% directly implicate Snyder, the public pressure could be so bad that he is basically forced to sell, even if he isn’t technically forced to sell. 

My message to Dan right now would be to heed the words of 80’s icon, Sting (singer, not wrestler):

If you love someone, set them free. Free, free, set them free. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

There is no way in hell a potential "coup" would be kept under wraps for an entire week. 

depending on the nature of the story, and given most journalists seems reluctant to share any form of details, the silence might be the nervousness to be implicated in any fallout, potential legal on the back of this. False accusations etc.

Seems like a highly sensitive situation is about to unfold. This could get really complicated and resemble a train wreck quite soon. 

As long as it ends well, as a fan let’s get the dirt out on the street.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I'm sceptical (I'm always). If Bezos found dirt on Dan and put his own paper to work to be able to buy the team. You then need to qeustion his intentions. At least Dan is a 'Skins fan. For Bezos its just money rolling. 

How well has Danny being a fan worked for the team either on or off the field?

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

If Dan goes we need the right owner, not just anyone.

Musk scares me, he'll name our team Xanadu and bedazzle our uniforms.

I’d be ok with that if they were on rollerskates... 😆

• Haha 2

WaPo article is coming tomorrow. Friday at the latest.

Rats are fleeing the ship and attempting to distance themselves while they can. Larry is the prime example. Others could be following suit.

This goes far higher than anyone can think. Larry Hess and Eric Schaeffer are involved as well. Jay Gruden is as well.

Sex assaults. Drug and alcohol abuse. Other owners are furious and this could lead to Snyders removal. In no way Dan couldn't have knowledge of at least some of it.

Minority owners are furious and fed up with Dan. Saw an opportunity to strike.

From Pentt41207 on reddit. Seems to have some loose knowledge on the situation. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Just now, justice98 said:

Hopefully this story hits dot com at 12:01 tonight.  They're gonna have me up at the crack of dawn trying to see if it dropped.

Ideal time for this whilst I’m working from home still. Busy day on ES lined up tomorrow. :rofl89:

• Haha 5

On a slightly serious note, this is going to be ugly and distasteful isn’t it. Seems like it could potentially be a great outcome in the long run, yet when the story breaks, yeah it’s not going to be very nice by the looks of it.

May have been some people unduly hurt along the way. This **** needs cleaning up once and for all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Count me in the crew that believes whatever this is being enough to get Dan out of here to be way too good to be true.

From what I gather, this looks like loveboat but as an everyday thing for the organization. It's all up to the details. 

Jay Gruden being involved both shocks me and doesn't shock me. Anything going on in the team is something he had to at least be aware of, but he doesn't strike me as the hardened man to just grin and bear with it for 5 years.

Will be even worse if it is something truly awful and Dan still remains. Just means a complete gut punch for us fans and you know the chaos will continue. At least if it leads to his ouster,  maybe we have hope for brighter days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Jay Gruden being involved both shocks me and doesn't shock me. Anything going on in the team is something he had to at least be aware of, but he doesn't strike me as the hardened man to just grin and bear with it for 5 years.

Might partly explain how Gruden lasted so long because it was **** all to do with his HC abilities.

• Like 3

Just now, RabidFan said:

Tiger golfing and scandal talk all day.  Sounds like a good Thursday.

Only this team, every other team is getting ready to maybe report to training camp in a few weeks while we're dealing with having no team name, our play by play guy just quit and Day's of Our Lives playing out in the front office. 

HOW?????

1 minute ago, skins2victory said:

Maybe the big news is Dan is wanting to relocate the team somewhere that is willing to work with him on a new stadium. It seems as if it was a foul play thing it would have been leaked already, something more than big news is coming.

Doesn't explain the minority owners wanting out along with the top play by play guy quitting one month before pre-season. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

On a slightly serious note, this is going to be ugly and distasteful isn’t it. Seems like it could potentially be a great outcome in the long run, yet when the story breaks, yeah it’s not going to be very nice by the looks of it.

May have been some people unduly hurt along the way. This **** needs cleaning up once and for all.

Yes, unfortunately, there probably isn’t going to be a quick and cut and dry answer/solution here. Especially if the implication for Snyder is more of the “lack of institutional control” variety as opposed to something more direct. But it’s been 21 years now (and honestly closer to 30 since we were any good) so if it takes 9 months or whatever to hash out to a resolution, then so be it. This season is already going to be weird at best if there is a season at all. I do fear it may cost us some who were recently brought in like Rivera, but if that’s the case, then so be it as well. If the outcome is a change in ownership and a total rehaul, then it will be worth the short term pain (I’m speaking from a fans point of view and not any potential victims). 

• Like 2