Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

You are on a Redskin like streak of awfulness tonight.  Damn good culture there, guy.

Why? You dont think that bringin in kap would be good pr? Most of the last two pages are folks talking about not getting in front of things....PR.

We just want to stay in a perpetual state of self loathing, is that it?

• Confused 1

Just now, Gibbit said:

Why? You dont think that bringin in kap would be good pr? Most of the last two pages are folks talking about not getting in front of things....PR.

Its because:

1. The media hates everything we do because of their animosity of Dan Snyder who has brought this on himself

2. it would be a cold day in hell before any national media sports Writer said something nice about him and forget ever hearing a minority writer say something nice about him... (Im a minority and i thinks its absurd of some of the undue hate he gets.. but he deserves most of it)

3. the entire country would know that its just for show

4. Kap would never sign here anyway

5. No coach much less a first year coach wants the cIrcus and distraction from the media that would happen if you bring Kap in.

6.if Haskins say has two picks in one game and Kap doesn't come in... all hell will break lose by the media and the headlines and articles would be horrid against the coach and team. 

Just now, GreenFields said:

Its because:

1. The media hates everything we do because of their animosity of Dan Snyder who has brought this on himself

2. it would be a cold day in hell before any national media sports Writer said something nice about him and forget ever hearing a minority writer say something nice about him... (Im a minority and i thinks its absurd of some of the undue hate he gets.. but he deserves most of it)

3. the entire country would know that its just for show

4. Kap would never sign here anyway

5. No coach much less a first year coach wants the cIrcus and distraction from the media that would happen if you bring Kap in.

6.if Haskins say has two picks in one game and Kap doesn't come in... all hell will break lose by the media and the headlines and articles would be horrid against the coach and team. 

just have to bring him into camp. thats my question....why doesnt anyone just bring him into camp? Is it because of the fallout when hes released from camp because he sucks?

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

just have to bring him into camp. thats my question....why doesnt anyone just bring him into camp? Is it because of the fallout when hes released from camp because he sucks?

We dont have a strong enough culture or team for that yet.. The Pats , packers, chiefs, eagles, vikings, texans.. they could do it with out it effecting them to much. 

here its a no go.. we have no concrete base yet so to speak.. Ron will get us there but its still drying right now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Actually I think I mixed you up with someone else and edited my post.  Apologies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

With everyone saying it's sad and depressing, not something to instigate anger, my speculation is that someone or their relative is very ill with a disease of one sort or another, possibly even Covid. Not to get too dark, but it could be whoever has it is in the late stages already and the media has agreed not to cause more hardship by publishing it in their last moments. I can't think of any other explanation where so many media outlets would be hinting at something being announced soon. Possibly Jay Glazer's "big report" several months ago has made them a bit more thoughtful of how and when they break a story.

Maybe Snyder is on his deathbed?

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

“I got something to tell you, its sorta about this thing over here, but you’ll have to wait to find out. It’s devastating news. You’ll see soon enough” /lame

Who looks worse in it? Dan Or Bruce or just Alex and Matt? 

8 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Maybe the NFL told Dan that the name needs to change and you need to leave, and the new ownership group will decide the name??

That would not be treated by all these reporters as bad news AT ALL lol. And they know the fans wouldn't feel that way either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whatever the **** it is, just get it out and over with.  Get the bad **** out and start anew.  Rivera is building a new organization and culture.   

I suspect the story won't come out until Dan announces the name.  That would be when the team would be getting maximum attention; so what a better time to reveal more scandal about the Redskins.

Snyder seems to have some of the same personality traits as the Cheeto.  I would love for Snyder to be forced to sell.  Of course, if that happens; you know we are writing probably a season or two.  The new owner will want their own guy; so unless Rivera were to win right away, he would be gone early in any new owner's tenure.

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Not the name, that's done and in the past. I'm talking about the Santos/Mann situation based on this tweet. 

Can I just say the beat guys are getting all lathered up for something I think most fans are going to greet with, “gee wiz, bad stuff happened in a bad organization? I’m dying of not surprise.”

unless there is significant jail time involved, I just don’t see anything with Santos and Mann being all that earth shattering.  I could be wrong.  I hope I’m not.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

LOL except people have already said that whatever the sad news is, is about santos and Mann. Nothing to do with any coaches or players. 

people need to start reading before making guesses. Seriously. 

Well in all fairness, they make it seem theres more coming thats really sad and disappointing, and firing two guys who have been bad scouts for a long time seems to me a good thing.

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“Most” of their seasons? In Rivera’s 9 seasons with the panthers, they made the playoffs 4 times, failed to make the playoffs 5 times. 1 more time not making it than making it doesn’t equal “most”. 

It....literally.....does.

• Haha 1

I don't get why they are reporting this. 

To me it looks to be so bad that media decided to not report on it before the team released a statement. Probally because they all know the vague rumours but nobody can confirm it 100%. So they wait for the release to get confirmation. 

PR department has no hurry releasing the story. Might even still be laywer stuff involved (if it's about the fired guys). So now the reporters created the situation where they keep saying "there is news, it's sad" but we don't hear why or what. So annoying. 

-------

My advise. If it's about a toxic culture about what these man did under Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder. Then this is the moment to release it. Take two weeks of Washington Post stories. Show them that Rivera cleaned the house. And after the period release the new name and start fresh. Everything is in place to clean all the bad stuff and start over fresh. 

Edited by wilco_holland

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I said less than 8 wins. Or, seasons of 7-9 or worse. OR, in other words, 4 seasons below .500. 17 out of 21 since 99 (when Snyder bought the team). 

You said "22 seasons of 8 wins or more in 26." Your "8 wins or more" is the same as my "8+ wins" lol...I'm not sure what you were correcting me on.

Edited by Califan007