Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

13 minutes ago, China said:

Is it wrong for me to hope that there are riots outside the White House such that bunker boy is afraid to speak tonight and is whisked indoors to shelter?

Yes, I think so.  

(Although somewhat understandable).  

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is an absolute must.  They've got to stop tiptoeing around the rioting and this is a good start.  In fact both her and Biden should go strong on this today, so the pubs have to rewrite their speeches.

they should also point out the difference between burning down stores and tearing down statues.

tearing them down isn’t rioting, it’s democracy at work...

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

they should also point out the difference between burning down stores and tearing down statues.

tearing them down isn’t rioting, it’s democracy at work...

You have grown so much in our time together 🤭

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

“Destroying property to stop murder”

Is that how we’re selling it now, rioters as heroes?  How many murders did breaking this old guys jaw stop?  

How does the murder stopping work anyway?  Is it square footage that saves lives or dollar value?  Like would burning down a target stop more murders that a pricy boutique?  

The vigilantes aren't heroes either. Just another group of opportunists using tragedy as an excuse to live out their violent fantasies.  Stupid Kyle’s little hero dream resulted in two more corpses and a guy that might lose his arm.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I see what Destino is getting at, but the assault on the business owner is vastly more offensive to me than looting a Target.

So, you’re kind of defeating your own argument.

I’m not losing sleep over target being looted.  What I hate is seeing is small businesses going up in flames and innocent people getting hurt.  There’s no such thing as safe rioting.

• Like 2

Here's an article from 2013 with some predictions about what's happening now.

Mathematicians Predict the Future With Data From the Past

IN ISAAC ASIMOV'S classic science fiction saga Foundation, mathematics professor Hari Seldon predicts the future using what he calls psychohistory. Drawing on mathematical models that describe what happened in the past, he anticipates what will happen next, including the fall of the Galactic Empire.

That may seem like fanciful stuff. But Peter Turchin is turning himself into a real-life Hari Seldon – and he's not alone.

Turchin – a professor at the University of Connecticut – is the driving force behind a field called "cliodynamics," where scientists and mathematicians analyze history in the hopes of finding patterns they can then use to predict the future. It's named after Clio, the Greek muse of history.

These academics have the same goals as other historians – "We start with questions that historians have asked for all of history," Turchin says. "For example: Why do civilizations collapse?" – but they seek to answer these questions quite differently. They use math rather than mere language, and according to Turchin, the prognosis isn't that far removed from the empire-crushing predictions laid down by Hari Seldon in the Foundation saga. Unless something changes, he says, we're due for a wave of widespread violence in about 2020, including riots and terrorism.

cliodynamics-chart.jpg

Click on the link for more

Edited by China
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Piling up the charges to force a plea?  I don’t think the murder charges will stick, assuming he has a good lawyer, but Kyle broke a whole bunch of other laws when his mommy drove him and his rifle to the riots.  Should be enough to send him to jail, disqualify him from ever joining the armed forces or police, and prohibit him from owning guns.  That’s won’t be enough to satisfy the victims families, but I think that the least we can expect so it’s something.  

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Cant risk him running away on his hands.

It’s probably so his friends and family don’t wheel him out, cheaper (and much more cruel) than leaving a guard. Have they charged him with something?  

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m not losing sleep over target being looted.  What I hate is seeing is small businesses going up in flames and innocent people getting hurt.  There’s no such thing as safe rioting.

I hate it too.  But I also understand that disruption of commerce is often the only real means of oppressed persons fighting back against oppressors.  Going back to the birth of civilization.

As with most weapons, there will be collateral damage.  But, the message should be clear...if police are executing minorities (or anyone, really) in broad daylight, there are consequences.  It’s just human nature to have a couple nights of looting/rioting after an incident like Kenosha.

Now, 70 straight nights of Portland Occupy Bro marching on downtown at midnight with Molotov ****tails?  Those lefties can go **** themselves.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yohan said:

https://www.fox6now.com/news/aclu-calls-for-immediate-resignation-of-kenosha-police-chief-sheriff-after-blake-shooting

ACLU is going after both the Kenosha Police Chief and Kenosha Sheriff. There is a post about the sheriff's comments in an earlier post, but the Police Chief basically blamed the victims for being out past the 8PM curfew.

Wasn’t the teenage GI Joe out past curfew too?  Kenosha’s police Chief is too small for the job.  He clearly can’t handle this situation. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I hate it too.  But I also understand that disruption of commerce is often the only real means of oppressed persons fighting back against oppressors.  Going back to the birth of civilization.

As with most weapons, there will be collateral damage.  But, the message should be clear...if police are executing minorities (or anyone, really) in broad daylight, there are consequences.  It’s just human nature to have a couple nights of looting/rioting after an incident like Kenosha.

Now, 70 straight nights of Portland Occupy Bro marching on downtown at midnight with Molotov ****tails?  Those lefties can go **** themselves.

ala Boston massacre.....protest by throwing tea into harbor....oh and a black guy was shot by the then police.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Piling up the charges to force a plea?  I don’t think the murder charges will stick, assuming he has a good lawyer, but Kyle broke a whole bunch of other laws when his mommy drove him and his rifle to the riots.  Should be enough to send him to jail, disqualify him from ever joining the armed forces or police, and prohibit him from owning guns.  That’s won’t be enough to satisfy the victims families, but I think that the least we can expect so it’s something.  

A lot of people are showing they need to be disqualified from life.

This isnt working, and isn't going to work until GOP loses congress and white house.

Swear all these folks deciding they want to risk getting shot to protest better show up to protest at the voting booth. 

Quite frankly, I feel like my time and emotions are going to be wasted if GOP keep senate and white house.  All this would be for nothing.  Fn vote yall, PLEASE!!!

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2