Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

I welcome more information about Jacob Blake. The circumstances of why the police were called and the moments leading up to the shooting. I think that sometimes, we catch on to an initial story and then draw out own conclusions based on that initial kernel of information. Was he driving by and his girlfriends was fighting someone? Was it his girlfriend who called the police because he took the car keys? I keep hearing all these different things. 

Fair or unfair, these cases give the impression that Police shoot first and find ways to be innocent later.  

And I'm also so sick of these ****ing bootlickers that rush to make excuses for the killing or injuring a person. The police failed miserably in this case. MISERABLY. And there was a body nearly bleeding out with 7 shots to the back to prove it. 

The WI shooting looks like a messy court battle unless the fact that he wasn’t legally allowed to have the weapon precludes him from arguing self defense.  Assuming the shooter can afford a legal team.

It doesn’t look nearly as cut and dry as either side on Twitter is making it out IMO.  I see reasonable arguments for and against self defense in the video footage.  

It doesn’t look anything like a mass shooter event.  Looks like what many of us feared would happen when armed cosplayers showed up to protests.  Tempers flaring leading to people dying.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I welcome more information about Jacob Blake. The circumstances of why the police were called and the moments leading up to the shooting. I think that sometimes, we catch on to an initial story and then draw out own conclusions based on that initial kernel of information. Was he driving by and his girlfriends was fighting someone? Was it his girlfriend who called the police because he took the car keys? I keep hearing all these different things. 

Fair or unfair, these cases give the impression that Police shoot first and find ways to be innocent later. 

"An officer had grabbed Blake's shirt and fired his service weapon seven times into the 29-year-old's back"

I'm trying real hard to imagine the scenarios in which this is more than ok to do. I'm also trying real hard to figure out if what we've seen on video and what's been detailed by the police so far can realistically morph into one of those scenarios. Not seeing it so far.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Destino said:

The WI shooting looks like a messy court battle unless the fact that he wasn’t legally allowed to have the weapon precludes him from arguing self defense.  Assuming the shooter can afford a legal team.

It doesn’t look nearly as cut and dry as either side on Twitter is making it out IMO.  I see reasonable arguments for and against self defense in the video footage.  

It doesn’t look anything like a mass shooter event.  Looks like what many of us feared would happen when armed cosplayers showed up to protests.  Tempers flaring leading to people dying.  

I assume there are a number of crimes they could charge him for if they want to, besides the actual shooting. 

Also having a gun doesn't magically mean anytime someone throws something at you or tries to grab you, that you have the right to kill them.

Edited by visionary
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Destino said:

I have to believe when he approached the crowd with a loaded rifle he lost all ability to claim self defense. He initiated the contact. He went in after them then got scared when people ran toward him and eventually fell. If he stays home he never kills anyone. 

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1