Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Summer of 2020---The Civil Unrest Thread--Read OP Before Posting (in memory of George Floyd)

Jumbo

4 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I agree. The police should have figured out a way to detain him without resorting to deadly force. 

I do think, however, Blake could have acted in a more appropriate manner. That's all I'm saying. Would you agree?

Why is it soo important for you to find some blame in the victim?  Its a rhetorical question for you, that most of us already suspect we know the answer to.  

It says a lot about someone to see the tape, know the consequences to Blake and all the fallout, and still come out and basically just be like, "But wait, wait, I just wanna make sure that we all agree on one thing -- justice must ensure that Mr.  Blake is at least charged for failure to comply with a lawful order.  Thats all I care about...". 

I know thats not exactly what you said, but do you have any idea how incredibly grotesque you look, when you focus on the victim's' imperfections?  Stop, just stop.  Seriously, I advise you, just stop.  it makes you look like the guy who says, "Im not saying she deserved to be raped nearly to death, but can we all at least agree her blouse was a bit revealing?  Hmmm?"  

Edited by Koala
  • Thanks 2

Ultimately, the story is about the Kenosha PD and their incompetence/complicity.

1.  They totally botched the Jacob Blake incident.  They could’ve easily picked him up on his warrant at the house later...or the next day.  He wasn’t some dude on a crime spree.  Instead they capped him in broad daylight.

2.  Then they compounded the error by inviting “Teenage Nazi” into the mix.  With predictable result.

They brought economic ruin onto the city with their idiocy.  And they’re knee deep in blood.

Im not a big Defund The Police guy, but the Kenosha PD is a painful example of why that phrase moves the needle.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

The knife was in the driver's side floorboard. 

Y'all need to watch more MSNBC. It's been talked about for 2 days. 

Correction -- thats where they re-planted the knife that they found in the glovebox/center compartment.  Who the **** drives around with a knife in the floorboard?   

It was probably too difficult, given the amount of attention by onlookers, given that Blake's body was right underneath that door, to quickly plant anything in the driver's side door.  The knife still had to be somewhere close accessible, close-by,  for the story to make sense.  Floorboard was the only option for them to plant it, so thats where it was found.  

1 minute ago, Koala said:

Correction -- thats where they re-planted the knife that they found in the glovebox/center compartment.  Who the **** drives around with a knife in the floorboard?   

It was probably too difficult, given the amount of attention by onlookers, given that Blake's body was right underneath that door, to quickly plant anything in the driver's side door.  The knife still had to be somewhere close accessible, close-by,  for the story to make sense.  Floorboard was the only option for them to plant it, so thats where it was found.  

I could. I have ****tons of weapons. You really don't wanna meet my 3-wood...it's solid WOOD. And I'm 4'10"...you will never stand again if I swing it. 

And you didn't watch the video I posted. 

Follow Jumbo's sig.  

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ultimately, the story is about the Kenosha PD and their incompetence/complicity.

1.  They totally botched the Jacob Blake incident.  They could’ve easily picked him up on his warrant at the house later...or the next day.  He wasn’t some dude on a crime spree.  Instead they capped him in broad daylight.

2.  Then they compounded the error by inviting “Teenage Nazi” into the mix.  With predictable result.

They brought economic ruin onto the city with their idiocy.  And they’re knee deep in blood.

Im not a big Defund The Police guy, but the Kenosha PD is a painful example of why that phrase moves the needle.

The movement would gain a lot more traction if they termed the movement, "Re-appropriation of funds for public safety and protection."  Not quite as catchy, but easier to get a broad consensus on this, I believe, than simply defund the police -- which does not imply a or identify a solution, and therefore appears to invite chaos.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Defending people and property.. check.

Offering ems help... check.

Successfully defending himself from mutiple attacks and cleaning up the garbage rioting in our cities.. check. 

Doing these needed things when everyone else is scared to.. check. 

Sounds like a hero to me.

I don't know if he is a white supremacist but regardless his actions were commendable here. 

You really need help

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I could. I have ****tons of weapons. You really don't wanna meet my 3-wood...it's solid WOOD. And I'm 4'10"...you will never stand again if I swing it. 

And you didn't watch the video I posted. 

Follow Jumbo's sig.  

The liberal redneck video?  I did, it was hilarious, but Im not sure Im connecting the dots here...Unless you're referring to his notation that having a knife is something all rednecks should be familiar with...

Still, its all irrelevant to me  Does anyone really think that a sane man would go try to retrieve a knife, when facing multiple officers with guns drawn?  He was gonna flee.  He thought, no way theyre gonna kill me just for running.  He, tragically, gave them much more credit than they were due.  And that's sadly what many people miss as the poignant plea behind, "Black Lives Matter", slogans. Basdically, like saying "come on white people, we know you're not THAT heartless, you at least acknowledge that our lives matter, right?  Right??  Right???"  Its stunning that the response would be a passive-aggressive denial like "All lives matter."  As Dave Chapelle said, I hope people will listen to these protests, cause after that, aint nothing but rat-a-tat-tat.

Edited by Koala

4 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Defending people and property.. check.

Offering ems help... check.

Successfully defending himself from mutiple attacks and cleaning up the garbage rioting in our cities.. check. 

Doing these needed things when everyone else is scared to.. check. 

Sounds like a hero to me.

I don't know if he is a white supremacist but regardless his actions were commendable here. 

Too bad about that pesky murder thing....

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Right. I am not disputing the knife existing itself, just that depending on what article that comes out, it was anywhere from in the glove box, to on the floor, to within reach, to, he had it and was ready to go on a cop stabbing spree if not for the brave hero cop.

What I read (ap or npr) earlier if I recall correctly, he told them about the knife after he was shot. 

but this is the problem with trying to get answers before and investigation is done. And, unsurprisingly, the investigation rarely moves people off the position they had based on trudging through the early information; inaccuracies and all...

42 minutes ago, bearrock said:

You gotta love the mindset that advocates for allowing civilians to own semi automatic rifles due the right to bear arms, but apparently if a black man has a knife in his car, he's gotta be shot seven times in the back.  

When you think about ways to keep an officer safe being able to keep visual eye site of hands seems pretty obvious. The hands are ultimately what’s going to do whatever is being done. So to train officers to keep control of that, to fear losing control of that, and drilled on procedures on how to retain it and why it’s so important, and on how to react when they reach in to grab a gun, or a knife... this is a potential outcome.

A guy is supposedly not following direction, while being in an interaction with the police while having an active warrant (I’m up for debate on whether it matters he knows he has an active warrant), reaches in his car...

there are cases where racist cops kill someone because they’re racist. There is also a serious issue with how we’ve trained these guys. Both in the fear component and the response component. 

On top of that there is also a very real risk that’s involved with the job that has to be solved for and it involves moving beyond a police problem and into a more general socioeconomic problems. 

it’s time to move away from decades old training based on dated and flawed ways of thinking and rewrite what training for police officers is. 

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

People behave in all kinds of ways, including less than appropriate. Police need to be trained to handle these situations in a way that doesn’t kill a disproportionate amount of minorities.

I'd modify this such that regardless of the proportion, they  be trained such that they don't kill unnecessarily.  Let's not give them an out by killing more whites, too, just to even the proportions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Why is it soo important for you to find some blame in the victim?  Its a rhetorical question for you, that most of us already suspect we know the answer to.  

It says a lot about someone to see the tape, know the consequences to Blake and all the fallout, and still come out and basically just be like, "But wait, wait, I just wanna make sure that we all agree on one thing -- justice must ensure that Mr.  Blake is at least charged for failure to comply with a lawful order.  Thats all I care about...". 

I know thats not exactly what you said, but do you have any idea how incredibly grotesque you look, when you focus on the victim's' imperfections?  Stop, just stop.  Seriously, I advise you, just stop.  it makes you look like the guy who says, "Im not saying she deserved to be raped nearly to death, but can we all at least agree her blouse was a bit revealing?  Hmmm?"  

By pronouncing Blake a "victim" you piously absolve him from any consideration of blame.  In fact, Blake is a criminal, who is broke the law, refused to comply with police, and got himself shot.  The shooting has not been determined to be a bad shoot.  It may very well be a good shoot. Regardless, Blake is not a victim but a criminal and an instigator.  Just like the vast majority of individuals injured by police.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, pigskinned said:

By pronouncing Blake a "victim" you piously absolve him from any consideration of blame.  In fact, Blake is a criminal, who is broke the law, refused to comply with police, and got himself shot.  The shooting has not been determined to be a bad shoot.  It may very well be a good shoot. Regardless, Blake is not a victim but a criminal and an instigator.  Just like the vast majority of individuals injured by police.  

He is a victim.  He was shot in the back seven times.

• Like 3

Just now, PokerPacker said:

He is a victim.  He was shot in the back seven times.

He is not a victim if the shoot was lawful, and it has not yet been determined to be an unlawful shoot.  Regardless, he created the situation and put the officers in a very bad position.  That is his fault and he is to blame for it.  

• Haha 1

Just now, pigskinned said:

He is not a victim if the shoot was lawful, and it has not yet been determined to be an unlawful shoot.  Regardless, he created the situation and put the officers in a very bad position.  That is his fault and he is to blame for it.  

He was shot in the back seven times.  That's seven times.  That he was shot.  In the back.  Seven bullets in his back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

You should never have to feel that way. That’s not a big ask. 

Yeah, would be nice but I know better and it sucks, color of my skin almost automatically put me at a disadvantage and I will never wish that feeling on any one else...... There are good cops doing good stuff out there as well, honest truth.... (Funny story, was gonna get a concealed carry permit but put it off bcos with my luck if I get pulled over and mention I got a weapon in my car, my odds start to decrease rapidly....) 

Edited by killerbee99
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

The knife was in the driver's side floorboard. 

Y'all need to watch more MSNBC. It's been talked about for 2 days. 

What kind of knife was it?  Knives are tools, so did they find a well worn 2 inch folding knife or did he have a KA-BAR Fighting Knife stashed under the seat?  Simply finding the former in a man’s car really doesn’t mean anything.  The latter might mean something.

Neither requires seven shots in the back.  None of these reports claim he ever held the knife, let alone threatened to use it.  If he had rushed a cop, which I’ve seen caught on video twice recently, and was shot at that point... none of us would be discussing this.  

People are getting sick of shootings based on what if he was reaching for “something.“

• Like 8