Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Manley is "deathly sick" according to Darryl Grant (via RedskinsToday) ; He's Back !

This sucks but man, Dexter defied the odds just to get this far.  Couldn't read (like, at all) coming out of college, caught tooting his horn a few times (lucky he didn't Len Bias), ended up playing for the Cardinals, brain tumor....

Wasn't there a thread here years ago about Dexter speaking at someone's funeral?  I remember the thread was a very positive one.  I can't speak for anyone else, but while I hated the dumb things Dexter did (to himself and his team), I never hated him and I was happy for him when he finally learned to read.  Except for him messing with his toot toot, he seemed like a guy you wanted to root for in football and life.

:dallas_sucks:

33 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

This sucks but man, Dexter defied the odds just to get this far.  Couldn't read (like, at all) coming out of college, caught tooting his horn a few times (lucky he didn't Len Bias), ended up playing for the Cardinals, brain tumor....

Wasn't there a thread here years ago about Dexter speaking at someone's funeral?  I remember the thread was a very positive one.  I can't speak for anyone else, but while I hated the dumb things Dexter did (to himself and his team), I never hated him and I was happy for him when he finally learned to read.  Except for him messing with his toot toot, he seemed like a guy you wanted to root for in football and life.

:dallas_sucks:

Jeez, dude. You know that when giving well wishes you don't have to recount all of a persons flaws...multiple times. 

I see nothing wrong with what goth skins fan said🤷🏻‍♂️ He was wishing dexter Manley gets better, while saying he defied the odds to get to this point, so his point was since he defied the odds back then, hopefully he can defy the odds NOW. No need to say “delete that crap”. 

I shook dexter manleys hand one time (pretty sure it was him...) at a draft day party at FedEx Field in the owners club, and my hand hurt like **** for the next few days😂

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I shook dexter manleys hand one time (pretty sure it was him...) at a draft day party at FedEx Field in the owners club, and my hand hurt like **** for the next few days😂

So you are saying then you got a manley hand shake then. :D

My all-time favourite Redskin. (His HoF HC excepted.). If Chase has even half as good a career as the ‘Secretary of Defence’ we’re in for one heck of an enjoyable ride.

Heartbreaking to read. And no less scary. Hammers home again just how F stupid and irresponsible I personally believe it is for team facilities to be reopening next week and for the 2020 season even being discussed as going ahead at this point. But that’s for another discussion elsewhere. 

God speed Dex. Praying HARD for you man. 

Hail.

Dex definitely walked a hard road, some of it by his own choice, but he seemed to have made good. If he was destructive he was only self-destructive. Good heart. Great energy. Seemed like a good person.

Hope he pulls through.

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/hopeful-news-on-redskins-legend-dexter-manley?fbclid=IwAR3K51jJJBHImBY98vIeL8BEnTqnhYV9SYvqDn3oRURHVAe4nTT5m5vl1K8

Hopeful News on Redskins Legend Dexter Manley

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.co

Chris Russell

an hour ago

https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.io%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F7R

There's hopeful news for a huge member of the Redskins championship legacy, Dexter Manley. 

An initial report from former teammate Daryl Grant said that Manley was in poor health after contracting COVID-19.

Sad news here ; former #Redskins Pro Bowl DE Dexter Manley has COVID-19 and “isn’t doing well at all” according to former teammate Daryl Grant. Please say a prayer for Manley.

On Saturday afternoon, the news was more positive:

Dexter Manley’s daughter, Dalis, with an update.

View image on Twitter

My pal, Ben Standig, of the Athletic first had the report that Manley was doing better. 

Dexter Manley, the Redskins' all-time leader in sacks, tested positive for COVID-19 after feeling ill approximately 10 days ago. A source close to Manley's family tells The Athletic that Manley, 61, is resting comfortably and is in no imminent danger at this time.

Manley, a two-time Super Bowl Champion with the Redskins had 91.0 career sacks, which is still the franchise lead, set in 125 games. 

Ryan Kerrigan is one sack away from tying Manley but has played 140 games. 

Archived