Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goodbye Quinton Dunbar

Master Blaster

51 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

he spoke to reporters this morning and said “you just want to feel wanted at the end of the day

Well he definitely achieved his goal.

He's not only wanted but he's wanted on at least 4 felony counts.

WTG!!!

There's been some good dark humor in here and I've laughed along as well so no hate, but the schadenfreude is getting to be a bit much, no? Projecting how fans felt about his last few months here as a player onto his situation now just feels like too much. I get that he did this to himself, we don't need to feel bad about it. But at the same time a young man we spent years rooting for, only in his 20's, just ruined his entire life. He has kids. He did good work in the community. Seems wrong to be downright gleeful about it because he was a jerk on his way out and because it makes our trade look better. This type of stuff sucks.

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There's been some good dark humor in here and I've laughed along as well so no hate, but the schadenfreude is getting to be a bit much, no? Projecting how fans felt about his last few months here as a player onto his situation now just feels like too much. I get that he did this to himself, we don't need to feel bad about it. But at the same time a young man we spent years rooting for, only in his 20's, just ruined his entire life. He has kids. He did good work in the community. Seems wrong to be downright gleeful about it because he was a jerk on his way out and because it makes our trade look better. This type of stuff sucks.

It really does suck for his family, he really could have given them a much better life then what they'll get now. 

I think most people are relieved and happy that the Redskins got lucky, not that Quinton is going to be behind bars. There's a difference there, It definitely isn't right to be happy that he's behind bars, but it's absolutely where he belongs. He was nearly an accomplice to a murder. 

Has he turned himself in yet? Crazy story. It's one thing to get into a brawl, but armed robbery? Switching cars on your getaway? Eesh! No wonder Rivera traded him for a ham sandwich without hesitating. Trent he tried (and failed) to squeeze for value. Dunbar, he said, "Begone and good riddance."

Such a shame. I loved is story as an undrafted wide receiver who converted, proved himself, and made (can't say good anymore) himself into a (can't say legit) player.

11 hours ago, sportjunkie07 said:

It’s great that we got a free 5th rounder from the Seahawks but it is even better that the giants wasted a 2 4 and 5 On baker and will have to spend more draft capital next year on a cornerback.

I was just going to post the same thing. We dodged a bullet, the Giants lost a guy they had invested quite a bit into.  This story is just so awesome in so many ways.  

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I am of the school of thought that says when a professional athlete poised to sign a life setting deal commits armed robbery it's perfectly OK to laugh at the stupidity.  

10 hours ago, tmandoug1 said:

No way...refuse to believe this story. Now way can he be that ****ing stupid......no ****ing way.

Maybe he thought he was actually in Grand Theft Auto 6.

I’m cracking up thinking of them doing this while “I wouldn’t wanna be like youuuuu... “ is playing in the background LOL!

Ok, that’s GTA 5, but still...

Glad this is a Seahawks problem and not a Redskins problem.

I don't know if Coach Rivera saw something in talking with Dunbar that raised red flags with him and he got rid of him. Or if the team just got lucky and dodged a bullet in this.

Either way, I'm glad he's not Washington's problem in this mess.

I love the below twitter quote from a Seahawks fan. Come on man...Committing a felony does not void the trade. LOL

"Wait is the trade final? This guy sucks if so and if guilty... Taking our pick away and now he won't even be on the roster"

3 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

I love the below twitter quote from a Seahawks fan. Come on man...Committing a felony does not void the trade. LOL

"Wait is the trade final? This guy sucks if so and if guilty... Taking our pick away and now he won't even be on the roster"

Yeah the only way the trade would be voided is if it happened like right before the trade took place, and we knew about it, and still made the trade anyway. That would be dealing in bad faith which I assume would get the deal voided.

Sorry Seattle. But its only a 5th, its not like they spent a 1st on a guy like the Giants did LOL.

Archived