Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Lawrence is struggling with pressure tonight. I may have been off base earlier. Fields could still wind up back in my QB1 slot. He had to have an incredible game and Lawrence a meh one and so far that's shaping up. Still a lot of time though... And of course pre-draft workouts before my final rankings go up. 

Definitely struggling but you know a lot of coaches aren't sold on anything but a drop back passer. 

Definitely agreeing with you

On a serious gameplan type note: You have to believe Fields isn't going to be the QB in the second half up 21 unless there is significant trouble. 

Question is: Will Fields be healthy enough to go against that Alabama front? If he's not 100% he is going to get absolutely brutalized. If he can't, his season ends on this note... as a bad ass son of a gun who played fearless football and Alabama has to feel great about their chances.

If he goes, he is very much tempting fate with his draft status... but he seems like the kind of guy that doesn't care and puts it all out there on the line for his team... I predict if he CAN... he WILL. 

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Jets are ****ing stupid if they pass on Fields.

After tonight... Unless Fields has a real bad day against Alabama... The Jets may have to decide on Lawrence. Fields may not be there.

This is an epic performance. 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

After tonight... Unless Fields has a real bad day against Alabama... The Jets may have to decide on Lawrence. Fields may not be there.

This is an epic performance. 

I dont watch a ton of college but this performance is eye-opening.  Fields intangibles are off the charts and so much of quartebacking is between the ears.

Really curious how Lawrence responds in the 2nd half.  I want to see what he's made of.

Just now, Riggo'sRangers said:

Well, Fields draft stock is ridiculous now.  He may be my first pick if I were a GM. Moxie, tough, and makes plays. Great performance in a big moment.

It always has been through the roof. People just didn't want to believe it because he wasn't heralded that way.

I will say there were legit concerns that had me worried, too. Indiana and Northwestern games were certainly concerning. But he bounces back from bad plays and bad games just as well as anyone. I've been on the Fields wagon for a long time.

I'm glad he is doing what he is tonight. He seems like a good kid who wants it and his team believes he will be there for him.

The Jets or Jags are going to be a very lucky team to get him. 

If Lawrence goes 1... Fields is the call I'm willing to make for a big trade. They'd be crazy to do it. But it's the Jets.

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'll settle for Sermon if we don't get Najee. It's a sacrifice but one I'm willing to make. 

Do you think taking a RB early is needed? Doesn’t seem like a position we have to address early imo 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

On a serious gameplan type note: You have to believe Fields isn't going to be the QB in the second half up 21 unless there is significant trouble. 

Question is: Will Fields be healthy enough to go against that Alabama front? If he's not 100% he is going to get absolutely brutalized. If he can't, his season ends on this note... as a bad ass son of a gun who played fearless football and Alabama has to feel great about their chances.

If he goes, he is very much tempting fate with his draft status... but he seems like the kind of guy that doesn't care and puts it all out there on the line for his team... I predict if he CAN... he WILL. 

Is he? At full strength every starter on that OSU line may not get drafted later than round 4. The right side is probably two 1st round picks. I think they can go toe to toe with Bama's defensive line.

If he can consistently do the right things mechanics wise in the pocket without the threat of his legs influencing the defense, he'll cement his status as a top 5 pick. Also worth noting here Clemson looks to have decided to dare him to beat them with his arm and they're getting torched, in no small part because he's going through his progressions and simply hitting the open man. No coincidence their TE's are going nuts all of a sudden. 

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Do you think taking a RB early is needed? Doesn’t seem like a position we have to address early imo 

Depends. Is Fields or Lance on the board? If not, a bellcow back improves us more than anything else in my opinion.

Keep Gibson fresh. That’s where he’s most dangerous. Let McKissick be a pure niche wildcard type of guy. Also where he is most dangerous. 

It allows the offense to chew clock and move the ball down the field. It maximizes a game manager type QB and strong D. And we aren’t going to need to overpay.

I think a stud back is a HUGE addition. Especially one on a rookie contract for 4+1

Archived